Yoobao 2400mah battery review! Updated with more data, Get Learned up on Batteries!

Search This thread

Saiboogu

Apr 28, 2009
Frostburg MD
Hate bidding. I wish there was a "Buy-It-Now" on this item. It's gonna be kinda cool leaving my home and not having to worry about my phone dying.

Edit: Got outbid on Ebay last night. Battery went for $33. Glad I lost. Just order the same one on Ebay with a buy it now for $19.50. I wonder how long the shipping is from China?

Are you looking at the right item? Am I? This is what I found

Saw the edit.. What did you order for 19.50?

I've ordered a few miscellaneous electronics from asia in the past few months.. Shipping is usually 1-3 weeks to the eastern US.

egnevergnikrims

Jun 3, 2009
What effect does the thicker battery have on the camera and speakerphone?

With the added thickness of the after-market batteries I was wondering if there were any adverse effects on the camera or speakerphone.

n19htmare

Sep 27, 2007
The battery took about 7 days to get to San Diego, CA. I would say it's fairly quick.

With the added thickness of the after-market batteries I was wondering if there were any adverse effects on the camera or speakerphone.

None that I noticed. The camera functioned as well as it did with the original lid and external speaker sounded ok and just as loud.

I'm planing on picking up one of the other 2400mAH batteries and testing it but I have a gut feeling they are all coming from the same factory.

i wouldnt try the batt if it come from china...
coz there are alot of problems with batts from china....
i.e. battery explosion

I hate to break this to you pal. But the stock battery in our G1's is also made in China.

I buy plenty of LIPO packs from china for my RC planes, they perform just as well as the packs people buy in the US for 2x-3x the money. Little do they know, that nearly all packs sold in US or from china are MADE in china and just relabeled.

infact, a few months ago the site (hobbycity.com) I buy my lipo packs from had to pull off some of their batteries because the vendors in US were complaining that they're selling the same product for 1/2 the price. All the Chinese site had to do was RELABEL the batteries and start selling again.

Last edited:

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
I was thinking this today, going to await the answer before the final commitment,
Can you comment Night ?

He did answer - one post above yours.

Saiboogu said:
Are you looking at the right item? Am I? This is what I found

Saw the edit.. What did you order for 19.50?

That's what I ordered for 19.50. Seems the price goes up and down. It's 24.50 today. I was bidding on one Monday and it went for 33.00.

KyleK29

Oct 15, 2006
Just to help give a little bit better perspective of the size. See attached.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2400perspective.jpg
    2400perspective.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,012

mer6

May 3, 2009
Towson, MD, USA
flavors.me

No effects on Camera/Speakerphone from my experience (I have a Sedio 2600mAh battery w/extended back).

Just to help give a little bit better perspective of the size. See attached.

attachment.php

Yeah I noticed the width of the back becomes roughly double with extension XD

n19htmare

Sep 27, 2007
Thanks for the layover. My photoshop skills sucks lol.

It is considerablly "fatter", about twice as fat. but for people with big hands, it's probably not an issue and I actually like typing with the larger phone.

So far the battery has been performing quite well.

zgmf-x322a

Sep 30, 2008
Thanks for the review - best one I've read on here, sounds like a good battery.

You do realize that almost all the batteries come from China, right? It's possible to get decent products from there - just because it's "Made in China" doesn't mean it's automatically crap. Need to read reviews, use common sense, etc for something purchased from anyplace.

batts from china.....i know that....but u do realise that batts from china explodes, right? have u read the news?? there is a guy who had a phone using china batt and got exploded and his phone was placed at the chest.....another guy using a phone with china batt placed at the lap and exploded too....

i once had a china batt for another phone......within 2 months.....it started to get huge and fat then i stopped using it coz i dun wanna be a disabled yet

KyleK29

Oct 15, 2006
i was just wondering, since this battery requires a different battery cover (which comes with it) do most phone covers/protectors still fit on it?

thanks

The top part would fit, but not the backside (depends on the cover style). However, if you think about it, the big backcover is sorta a good protector on its own. A) it's not the original, so any damage can be replaced. B) it's got a lot of "air" room inside to cushion any serious impact.

batts from china.....

I have a China battery on my laptop, no issues for 2 years. Works great at 50% of the cost of a replacement.

The fact of the matter, a lot of batteries are made in China - it just depends on which factory does them. To prove this point, I pulled batteries from some of my other devices - one of which is a Canon camera. Both have their official batteries "Made in China". So don't believe the "explosive" hype.

n19htmare

Sep 27, 2007
batts from china.....i know that....but u do realise that batts from china explodes, right? have u read the news?? there is a guy who had a phone using china batt and got exploded and his phone was placed at the chest.....another guy using a phone with china batt placed at the lap and exploded too....

i once had a china batt for another phone......within 2 months.....it started to get huge and fat then i stopped using it coz i dun wanna be a disabled yet

All stock G1 batteries are Made in China, Please advise us o great one!

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn

The famous exploding battery from China trick! Wow I would think that 80% of cellphones would be exloding in peoples faces according to your logic.

fawaad

Nov 7, 2008
Sydney, Australia
i was just wondering, since this battery requires a different battery cover (which comes with it) do most phone covers/protectors still fit on it?

thanks

I would be interested to know as well.. I'll let you know when my battery arrives but I don't have those silicon or hard covers. I only have a simple universal leather belt cover.. I reckon I should be fine..

n19htmare

Sep 27, 2007

webgrafix

Sep 30, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
To the folks who had previously ordered this battery from Ebay... how long did it take you to receive it?

Did you get an email from the vendor?

I ordered on Sunday... but the site says they ship within 12 hours. I ordered Sunday night in the USA... but it was already Monday mid morning in China.

Just wondering.