I had set my Chromecast's DNS to Unlocator using the flash method before the update. After the update, I went through the web-based portal and disabled DCHP, set the DNS to Unlocator, applied updates and rebooted the device. However, I have not been able to load any Netflix content from countries other than my own (UK) on the Chromecast. Loading content from US, Denmark, Brazil works fine on my computer and my iPad.
I've checked the DNS settings on the web portal multiple times and it's definitely on Unlocator. I also tried switching to UnblockUS. Foreign Netflix content still doesn't load on the Chromecast although it works fine on my computer.
Can I still use the flash method to change the DNS to Unlocator or will that not work anymore?
I can't access the web panel. Tried a few different browsers, disabled firewall and still nothing. I have Tplink router running ddwrt, chromecast has assigned a static ip address. Any ideas what I can do would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks to Team Eureka for developing this ROM!
I've had a working Chromecast, with 13300 firmware including OTA. I just wanted to use the CC, but was confronted with a black screen. When a rebooted, I saw the logo from Team Eureka, which wasn't there before, so I Thought it was OTA updated (yes!). But the CC wouldn't boot completely, it left me with a black screen, I tried updating to 14975 manually, but that just gave me the same result; boot the device, Team Eureka logo blinking twice, and than the screen stays black.
To be able to use the CC, I have flashed the previous version of 13300 without the OTA. (And its working again) I will try updating again when there will be a new version.
I just thought I would share this information, if you like I can post a install log. Since nobody else is facing any issues, I guess it's just my luck
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|