Is there a fix for the "Chameleon" network?

Search This thread

tonyp23

Jun 2, 2010
id be careful changing certain settings. setting SKT could lead to broken 3g.

a ##786# reset seems to also lead to "chameleon". if you lgnpst'd back to stock zv9.. then upgraded to zvb it should fix chameleon issue.. but thats annoying.

I tried the 3845#*970# and setting it to Sprint, but that made 3G not work, so I did it again and set it back to Undetermined and 3G came back.

easy fix...
1. install nova launcher
2. with nova launcher now set as launcher hold on homescreen to create new shortcut.
3. select new short cut > activities.
4. scroll down the list until you see "Update Device"... click update device then look for a "Branding" submenu.
5. Click on "Branding" and you will make a "Branding" shortcut on your Homescreen.
6. Click new "Branding" shortcut and set Branding to "Sprint"

Confirmed working in both ZV9 and ZVB.
This is awesome, worked for me using ADWex launcher as well.

Verizon MVNO

Ya, factory reset won't work. It is in the hidden dialer menu. Do you remember what you changed in it?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Okay, first, if your not on Sprint than you don't want to do this. So, are you on boost or cricket?

If you are on Sprint you need to turn your branding back on. This is what I have been saying all along.

You need to go to the dialer. Type 3845#*970#. Go to Data. Go to PPP. Changed it back from Undetermined to Sprint.

But, like I said. If your not on Sprint let us know what your on and we can go from there. Either way, it is something you did to the network settings. Hope that helps.

On Page Plus. I had her reset her phone & now its it's showing this. I am having her check in that Dialer menu to see what it's on i'm guessing it needs to be on the "Undetermined" setting?
Thanks for any Feedback on this

erniesan82

Jan 13, 2015
San Miguel de Allende
Changing the network brand...

Ya, factory reset won't work. It is in the hidden dialer menu. Do you remember what you changed in it?

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Okay, first, if your not on Sprint than you don't want to do this. So, are you on boost or cricket?

If you are on Sprint you need to turn your branding back on. This is what I have been saying all along.

You need to go to the dialer. Type 3845#*970#. Go to Data. Go to PPP. Changed it back from Undetermined to Sprint.

But, like I said. If your not on Sprint let us know what your on and we can go from there. Either way, it is something you did to the network settings. Hope that helps.

So let's say I'm on Iusacell Mexico, what can I do??? Thanks in advance!!!

sernaj422@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2020
Old phone but....

Haven't heard this yet. The dialer combo is ##72786#

Sound like a moron probably but should I hard back all info on phone prior to this code? Just now getting back into messing with phones / roming and rooting was a big Apple fanatic for a while then stopped anyhow decided to break out an old ls777 to play with and any tips would be greatly appreciated lol I know must sound like a a baby here but so not appologising haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am on Sprint. The only thing I did was receive the OTA, didnt touch a single thing after that.

Going through that menu, the PPP options are Undeterminded, Sprint, SKT_Sprint. I tried selecting "Sprint" and it didnt take. I just tried "SKT_Sprint" and it still says Chameleon.

id be careful changing certain settings. setting SKT could lead to broken 3g.

a ##786# reset seems to also lead to "chameleon". if you lgnpst'd back to stock zv9.. then upgraded to zvb it should fix chameleon issue.. but thats annoying.

easy fix...

1. install nova launcher
    2. with nova launcher now set as launcher hold on homescreen to create new shortcut.
    3. select new short cut > activities.
    4. scroll down the list until you see "Update Device"... click update device then look for a "Branding" submenu.
    5. Click on "Branding" and you will make a "Branding" shortcut on your Homescreen.
    6. Click new "Branding" shortcut and set Branding to "Sprint"

Confirmed working in both ZV9 and ZVB.
    Try reactivating the phone and updating the prl and profile. I've heard that fixes it. Do the dial menu combo, can't remember the numbers. Lol

Haven't heard this yet. The dialer combo is ##72786#
    I don't know what option it is that does it. But, it is something you changed in the dialer menu. Ask autoprime on irc. I was the one that told him what was causing the issue. He knew what exactly fixed it.