[Q] URGENT: DNA issue... No DRIVERS! NO ROM! HELP!

Search This thread

w4rped

Oct 24, 2012
Ooooook.... Issues issues issues...

This was what I did... I downloaded the CM11 nightly for the DNA, and Gapps. No issue there. Put them on the sdcard. Then booted to CWM... I wiped and formatted system for cleanest install. Flashed both CM11 and Gapps. Rebooted... bootloop. Ok so something went wrong. Repeated. Same. Ok so I guessed I got a bad copy of CM11. Went to go restore from sdcard, no files.... No clue what happened there, just couldnt access my backup. No issue there I thought, I'd just sideload. Downloaded HTCSync, and HTC DNA all in one tool. Installed drivers on my computer with them... Nothing. Wouldn't recognize my device. Tried 3 other ways to install the drivers, same issue. It recognizes it as "Other device HTC6435LVW" Yellow exclamation. So I tried to update manually. Pointed to the folder. Says nothing there, pointed to a different folder with the drivers, says they werent there again. Tried the 3rd, nothing. So I can't get my drivers to install and that makes me not able to use the All in one tool, or any other sideload method that I've looked at. So I am stumped.

Here's the basics of everything:
I have droid DNA. I have it unlocked and rooted. I have NO ROM on it at all. The internal Sdcard was formatted, so is completely empty. I can't get my computer to install the DNA drivers. I am so screwed since this isn't my phone! My girl is gonna be pissed if I can't fix this.

PLEASE someone help. I have 4 hours from right now to fix this. I hope someone is on that can help....

w4rped

Oct 24, 2012
Update: Managed to find a way to sideload a rom. had to download pdanet. Allows me to see my device while in recovery. No where else... so very little use... but I can sideload... I have so far installed 2 different roms. Illusion and SlimKat. Neither have gone passed the HTC Logo. SlimKat I am not even sure fully installs because it never says complete. When I reboot with it, it stays on HTC logo and then reboots. Over and over. Tried wiping cache and data, reinstalling it, and everything else I could think of. Nothing with that. With illusion I got farther. Illusion installed and I got a completed message, but when I rebooted it stays on the HTC logo. Orange light up top flashes some, but no other activity. I left it for 10 minutes. I tried wiping cache and data, and reinstalling... again nothing helped. I am so stumped. I am downloading viperdna right now. That was the rom I just had when the mess happened. plus it has aroma installer. I am hoping it works. If not, I have no idea, and I am out of luck. Any help would be appreciated!

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
Update: Managed to find a way to sideload a rom. had to download pdanet. Allows me to see my device while in recovery. No where else... so very little use... but I can sideload... I have so far installed 2 different roms. Illusion and SlimKat. Neither have gone passed the HTC Logo. SlimKat I am not even sure fully installs because it never says complete. When I reboot with it, it stays on HTC logo and then reboots. Over and over. Tried wiping cache and data, reinstalling it, and everything else I could think of. Nothing with that. With illusion I got farther. Illusion installed and I got a completed message, but when I rebooted it stays on the HTC logo. Orange light up top flashes some, but no other activity. I left it for 10 minutes. I tried wiping cache and data, and reinstalling... again nothing helped. I am so stumped. I am downloading viperdna right now. That was the rom I just had when the mess happened. plus it has aroma installer. I am hoping it works. If not, I have no idea, and I am out of luck. Any help would be appreciated!

I believe the CM11 based roms require CWM 6.0.4.5, are you running the latest version? Are you S-OFF, or do you need to flash the boot.img manually? Otherwise do you have a back-up to go to?

Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
From my experience, it sounds like you need to start from scratch by running the RUU... But I'll warn you, MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE CORRECT FIRMWARE! Meaning, you can't run the RUU of a different firmware than you have... Good luck! Btw, I have successfully brought my dna back to life after completely removing EVERYTHING! After FINALLY getting the RUU to run I was back to "out the box" stock

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Although you may be able to fix a simpler way to resolve the issue, I jus always start from scratch

Sent from my BEAST MODE DROID DNA running CM11 ReBorn themed kitkat protected by my new (used) tempered glass screen protector/otterbox combo

w4rped

Oct 24, 2012
I believe the CM11 based roms require CWM 6.0.4.5, are you running the latest version? Are you S-OFF, or do you need to flash the boot.img manually? Otherwise do you have a back-up to go to?

I am S-On so I think I messed up something. I thought i was S-off. I do remember flashing the boot.img manually last time and I didnt this time. So I'm not sure what todo now. I was running the latest CWM.

How should I know which RUU to go back to? And How do I install the RUU when I can't get the drivers to recognize my device outside CWM?

hyphydragon

Jul 12, 2011
Fairfield CA
OP your problem has been solved a million times, its pretty much the only problem our dna has frequently
90% of the posts in the help section are this exact scenario and the fix for it

but here is the answer anyway,
use a usb2.0 port not 3.0
your phone will be detected by your pc if you installed the drivers and switch between fastboot in the bootloader
you can sideload a rom with adb or you can ruu, .torrented has all the files and guides you need in his sig

Last edited:

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
I am S-On so I think I messed up something. I thought i was S-off. I do remember flashing the boot.img manually last time and I didnt this time. So I'm not sure what todo now. I was running the latest CWM.

Choose a rom and extract boot.img on your computer, boot into recovery and flash the image.zip. Reboot the phone using adb reboot-bootloader then use fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

w4rped

Oct 24, 2012
OP your problem has been solved a million times, its pretty much the only problem our dna has frequently
90% of the posts in the help section are this exact scenario and the fix for it

but here is the answer anyway,
use a usb2.0 port not 3.0
your phone will be detected by your pc if you installed the drivers and switch between fastboot in the bootloader
you can sideload a rom with adb or you can ruu, .torrented has all the files and guides you need in his sig

thanks for your post. I managed to get it figured out. Windows 8 DOES NOT like the DNA for some reason. I went to a windows 7 machine and had no fastboot issues. I used the RUU to get back to stock, updated to latest, used rumrunner, and flashed a proper rom. I am doing good now, thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it. I ended up finding all the posts on various things that were wrong with the DNA but none were quite right. I pieced together all the problems I had from many posts. Either way, I got it.

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
thanks for your post. I managed to get it figured out. Windows 8 DOES NOT like the DNA for some reason. I went to a windows 7 machine and had no fastboot issues. I used the RUU to get back to stock, updated to latest, used rumrunner, and flashed a proper rom. I am doing good now, thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it. I ended up finding all the posts on various things that were wrong with the DNA but none were quite right. I pieced together all the problems I had from many posts. Either way, I got it.

W8.1 has problems with adb and fastboot. If you do a Google search there's various solutions on how to get it working properly. Glad to hear you got your issue resolved.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Reactions: armydog13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

W8.1 has problems with adb and fastboot. If you do a Google search there's various solutions on how to get it working properly. Glad to hear you got your issue resolved.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk