[TW][4.1.2] Group SecMMS Apk for TW Roms

Search This thread

theraker007

Jul 22, 2012
another bug: if I send off another text in the newly created group message it sends back to myself too do I get my own message again

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Does this apply to Cleanrom 1.5 (AT&T Version) aswell?

I think the 2 CleanROM frameworks are different. At least reading the OP of both suggests that. If someone sends me the framework2.jar from that ROM I can make one for it.

Installed on clean rom 4.6.1 I sent a message and see the framework properly and both replies came back to me threaded but instead of being able to see what they wrote I just get a blank box with the arrow like it's a slide show but no text is ever displayed. .

On the main text menu I can see the last message written but in the actual conversation there is no text

The replies also came back to me in a new threaded conversion separate from the original one I sent out to the two people

What did you flash? and in what order?

This same thing is currently happening to me. Admittingly, I'm on CleanRom SE 1.5, so I didn't plan on saying anything, but the problem seems too exist beyond me. So close to perfect though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

CleanROM SE has a different framework, send me the framework2.jar.

Hockey37

Jul 8, 2006
WV / PA
Installed on clean rom 4.6.1 I sent a message and see the framework properly and both replies came back to me threaded but instead of being able to see what they wrote I just get a blank box with the arrow like it's a slide show but no text is ever displayed. .

On the main text menu I can see the last message written but in the actual conversation there is no text

The replies also came back to me in a new threaded conversion separate from the original one I sent out to the two people

Same thing happened to me. Running CleanRom 4.6.1 as well.

Steps I took:
1. Deleted MMS files:
mmssms.db
mmssms.db-shm
mmssms.db-wal
2. Flashed Group SecMMs Touchwiz Addon Clean Rom 4.5.zip
3. Reboot & wait 5 minutes
4. Flashed Group MMS on TW framework CleanRom.zip
5. Restored SMS with SMS Backup & Restore

I have flashed back to a back-up I made right before these steps. Hopefully someone much smarter than myself can figure this out.

theraker007

Jul 22, 2012
correction I didn't delete any files either, my bad. I clean flashed clean Rom then let it bot then flashed the add-on and then the framework for clean Rom

Hockey37

Jul 8, 2006
WV / PA
I didn't delete any of that stuff. I just flashed the first file and then the second file and everything worked

correction I didn't delete any files either, my bad. I clean flashed clean Rom then let it bot then flashed the add-on and then the framework for clean Rom

Could it possibly be related to what carrier we are on? What is everyone else on? I'm on AT&T.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Stopping by to say great job and thanks for your work on the group text for novella. We all appreciate it!

Sent from The Bacon Pope's Galaxy Note 2

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Regulus. I'm on novella dos. Getting install failure for the group sec mms inverted dos in twrp 2.3.3.2 and 2.4.4.0. Says it cant open the zip. Tried to download twice.

Any ideas?

Edit. ..just noticed I am not downloading the whole file. So that is why. Went to the xda website (as opposed to the xda app) and getting a 404 error trying to download the inverted dos secmms

Last edited:

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Stopping by to say great job and thanks for your work on the group text for novella. We all appreciate it!

Thank you very much. You are welcome, it is a great ROM.

Regulus. I'm on novella dos. Getting install failure for the group sec mms inverted dos in twrp 2.3.3.2 and 2.4.4.0. Says it cant open the zip. Tried to download twice.

Any ideas?

Edit. ..just noticed I am not downloading the whole file. So that is why. Went to the xda website (as opposed to the xda app) and getting a 404 error trying to download the inverted dos secmms

Reuploaded, don't know why that was happening

Last edited:
Reactions: sapps

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Regulus. Still 404 error for the inverted sec mms for dos. Thanks for yiur work on this. I got the stock going and its great. Cant wait to go back to inverted

Edit. Thanks for the update. I'll check it out as soon as I can.

Last edited:

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Worked like a charm Thanks so much.

kenetics

Sep 16, 2009
Same thing happened to me. Running CleanRom 4.6.1 as well.

Steps I took:
1. Deleted MMS files:
mmssms.db
mmssms.db-shm
mmssms.db-wal
2. Flashed Group SecMMs Touchwiz Addon Clean Rom 4.5.zip
3. Reboot & wait 5 minutes
4. Flashed Group MMS on TW framework CleanRom.zip
5. Restored SMS with SMS Backup & Restore

I have flashed back to a back-up I made right before these steps. Hopefully someone much smarter than myself can figure this out.
Well, i can read the txts, but any reply i get, they come in as new thread instead of the one that I sent. If I reply to that new thread, it stays on same thread on the next replies tho. It seems like the new thread only gets created on the first group mms that I send. I am using CleanRom 4.6.1 on ATT. If anyone can find a fix for this, please let me know! I was so happy, but i am also a bit OCD and I cannot let this go lol

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Well, i can read the txts, but any reply i get, they come in as new thread instead of the one that I sent. If I reply to that new thread, it stays on same thread on the next replies tho. It seems like the new thread only gets created on the first group mms that I send. I am using CleanRom 4.6.1 on ATT. If anyone can find a fix for this, please let me know! I was so happy, but i am also a bit OCD and I cannot let this go lol

Which files did you flash?

treo750ii

Sep 16, 2009
Hows this look for stock rooted? Want group Mms but like bone stock as well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just Flash Group SecMMs Touchwiz Addon [insert your rom here].zip then flash Group MMs on TW framework [insert your rom here].zip [It will wipe your messages] Backup Before Flashing.

You should be able to flash this on any themed stock ROM without losing your theme

But just in case:

I have added the changed smali file in Group MMS on TW smali.zip for any dev that wants to add these features to their themed secmms.apk

Update 3/17
    Made one for stock and inverted Novella Dos [If you are still getting FC send me your Secmms.apk and I will look at it]
    Update 3/18
    Turns out at least from the SecMms.apk files I have gotten so far that they are all different so I will have to do one for each ROM. I removed the other files so that there would be no confusion. [Let me know how it goes]
    Update 3/20
    Heck Yes!!! Got it working on Novella Dos, I do not have any iphone friends so I cannot test that, please let me know if you guys have any problems and please be aware that I just got this working and am sharing it with the community. The Group mms on Tw framework.zip file will wipe out your messages so Backup before you flash it. Make sure to make a flashable zip of your framework2.jar or backup your whole ROM.

The standard framework was for Novella Dos. If that doesn't work for you send me the framework2.jar from your ROM.

4/18
    I got a lot of the bugs worked out and removed the slideshow that I hated. v2 has all of the changes. Just wanted to make it easier to flash.
    Just Flash Group SecMMs Touchwiz Addon [insert your rom here].zip then flash Group MMs on TW framework [insert your rom here] v2.zip [It will wipe your messages] Backup Before Flashing.

Also for anyone interested I made a mod for the speech bubbles, all of them should be replaced.

AOSP Group MMS

Just Flash Group MMS on Tw [insert your rom here].zip [It will wipe your messages] Backup Before Flashing.
    I have bone stock rooted 4.1.2 AT&T rom and everything seems to work fine except when in group texting when I reply it sends me in a seperate thread whatever I wrote in the group thread as if I was a recipient its rather annoying.

Anyway to fix this?

Edit: also when I get an mms message it defaults in a group thread showing my name and 1 other person.... is that normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

They both stem from the same issue. For some reason it adds the user to the recipient list. I didn't add that it was part of it and I am trying to remove it without breaking everything else.
    Great work. Big thanks for this. I have yet to have a need for the function myself, but I know this is a highly desired mod here in our community.

Thanks for your contributions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2
    Awesome!!!

Can you post the files and instructions for installation?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

I did this for the TMo T889, and I ended up edited a slew of files (framework.jar, framework2.jar, twframework.jar, SecTelephonyProvider.apk, framework-res.apk, twframework-res.jar, as well as editing the actual TMo SGS4 SecMms.apk itself) - I will look into amassing a clean/organized list of what I did and try to throw some sort of how-to together, but it would all be framed within the TMo T889 context. I'm a bit short on time currently, but unless someone beats me to it (and by all means please do!) I'll try to get something together at some point in the near future :)

Here's hoping I get a little time soon!
    Thank you!

I'm using bone stock rooted.

I don't think you uploaded it right, there is nothing in there 313bytes seems too small as well

Here goes the framework for CleanRom 4.8.

Here you go