(L5 II) CWM for Locked Bootloader(Beta 2)

Search This thread
Hey guys

I finished building CWM Recovery for locked bootloaders.

its still in the beta phases.... actually there was no alpha tests because no one on my team has a l5 II.

Due to forum rules I cannot choose who I want to give this recovery or exclude anyone from using it. so if you are a noob I cannot stop you from using it but please dont blame me if you brick your device!!!!!

The recovery as far as I know has no errors.

I have tested flashing Mother of all ad blocking and it worked perfectly.

How Does It Work?

the recovery uses 2nd int.
when your phone boots It is hacked to load scripts from init.d folder.
inside the init.d folder there is a script called 1.unsecure
this stops the system an kills process and launches the recovery.

How Do I Install?

Busybox must be installed
Extract the zip(attached)
Run the init.bat
Enjoy

How Do I Enter Recovery?
Reboot
after the lg logo before your boot animation starts repetitively hit the Vol + key
or run the reboot recovery app

Who do I thank?

ME for all the hard work testing and retesting
@IGGYVIP for giving me hope that its possible and all the support he has given me so far.
Optima Team for being such a great team

Can I port this to my device?

Yes!!
Port this to as many devices as possible. If you need advice or need to know how to port feel free to PM me.

It doesnt work for me?
some user experience problems when the script applies permissions
to fix this
Change permissions to all files in /system/bootstrap/* to 775

Download

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Hey guys

its still in the beta phases.... actually there was no alpha tests because no one on my team has a l5 II.

Due to forum rules I cannot choose who I want to give this recovery or exclude anyone from using it. so if you are a noob I cannot stop you from using it but please dont blame me if you brick your device!!!!!

How Does It Work?

How Do I Install?

Run the init.bat
Enjoy

How Do I Enter Recovery?
Reboot
after the lg logo before your boot animation starts repetitively hit the Vol + key

Who do I thank?

@IGGYVIP for giving me hope that its possible and all the support he has given me so far.

Yes!!
Port this to as many devices as possible. If you need advice or need to know how to port feel free to PM me.

Download

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51036208/Android/Stock/cwm.zip
why not mod one of the 2nd-init recovery apks with this?? Make much simpler for n00bs as well as give the reboot to recovery option. ;)

Modding the apk I have exp with, I just never had any success building a working 2nd-init binary. :(

why not mod one of the 2nd-init recovery apks with this?? Make much simpler for n00bs as well as give the reboot to recovery option. ;)

Modding the apk I have exp with, I just never had any success building a working 2nd-init binary. :(

The apk pushes the script to a different location and only executes on the l3 ii. So the app doesn't work on the l5 ii. I would have to do allot of editting. Enable init.d and change where the files get pushed to.

But it's pretty simple for noobs.

And this is not ment for noobs as I said on my thread its still on beta testing.

Reactions: mosta00

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
The apk pushes the script to a different location and only executes on the l3 ii. So the app doesn't work on the l5 ii. I would have to do allot of editting. Enable init.d and change where the files get pushed to.

But it's pretty simple for noobs.

And this is not ment for noobs as I said on my thread its still on beta testing.

ahh, I've just messed with 2nd-init on the LG Motion & Spirit and the same apk works on the F3, F6, & F7 (I think). The Spirit no longer needs 2nd-init tho.

ahh, I've just messed with 2nd-init on the LG Motion & Spirit and the same apk works on the F3, F6, & F7 (I think). The Spirit no longer needs 2nd-init tho.

Ya I think the apology works on most devices. If not then mine should work pr you will just have to change the key. It's pretty simple to port. I will try make. A guide tommorow

jamonazo3000

Oct 28, 2012
OnePlus 6T
I can't reboon in recovery mode

Hello, I can not reboot in recovery mode, I was run the init.bat, then, reboot my L5 II (e450f) and pressed repetitively the Vol + key. But I never reboot in recovery :(
Could you help me?
PS. Your team is awesome!!

Hello, I can not reboot in recovery mode, I was run the init.bat, then, reboot my L5 II (e450f) and pressed repetitively the Vol + key. But I never reboot in recovery :(
Could you help me?

Check

/data/local/tmp

There is a file called init.d_log_test

Check if you have that file

Open it check if the date and time matches your last reboot.

Could you help me?

Sorry its dues to permissions

HandyMenny

Aug 19, 2013
I think that the script 001unsecureboot doesn't kill the bootanimation, in fact when I reboot to recovery there is the bootanimation (deformed and with strange colors) on the screen, and only when I press a key the recovery appears for one second.
After adding the line "$BB killall bootanimation" after "$BB mount -o remount,rw /system /system", the issue is solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: ikbenlike

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
ownership ?

sorry my math is bad. the permission are meant to be 755. for some reason when shell is changing permissions it gets permission denied.

May be try changing owner to root before changing permissions ?
in the .sh add this code before chmod but after the remount,rw
Code:
chown -R root /system/bootstrap
in theory as its owner it must allow change of permission :)
Let me know :)

May be try changing owner to root before changing permissions ?
in the .sh add this code before chmod but after the remount,rw
Code:
chown -R root /system/bootstrap
in theory as its owner it must allow change of permission :)
Let me know :)

I actually had the script setting permission for

/System/etc/bootstrap

And not

/System/bootstrap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys

How Does It Work?

How Do I Install?

Run the init.bat
    Enjoy

How Do I Enter Recovery?
    Reboot
    or run the reboot recovery app

Who do I thank?

Yes!!

It doesnt work for me?
    some user experience problems when the script applies permissions
    to fix this

Download

DOWNLOAD
    Thanks for the info
    http://www.mfi.re/?ikc1y75259m56xn/ L5+cwm.zip
    mfi.re/?vlf0z5y91hiwwaz/ L4_Aroma.zip
    please upload another link current is not working:crying:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzd6rxgzjjlg5ei/Cwm Recovery.zip Cheers Uploaded :good::good::good::good::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    If wiped the /system (install custom ROM) it will be delete the recovery.tar, are there any wipe secure places?

Or can we create a second system partion for the custom roms?

Flashing custom rom will delete the recovery if it wipes the system files. To get around this all you need to do is include my recovery in your Rom.

Include the files from the zip and set permission to 755. That's what they do with experia Roms for locked bootloaders.
    Update Available

v6.0.3.0

Taken From Xperia S