• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
I wish Google would make a tablet

I'm wanting a Honeycomb tablet but want it from Google instead of Motorola, Samsung, LG or any of the others. I know that a Google device will be properly supported, meaning I can expect software updates, bug fixes and such as that. The other makers play games with consumers by seeing how far they can spread out support in order to entice users to upgrade hardware.

There should be a petition to Google to make a nice 10 inch HC tablet.

Shinebox

Jan 14, 2011
I played around with the Atrix at best buy. If I had to go to AT&T I would pick that phone. Motorola finally made a device that isn't hideos.

alien0101

May 21, 2010
[Q] samsung galaxy S or htc incredible?

Hi

I have shortlisted two android devices
Samsung Galaxy S and HTC incredible S

I am not able to decide which one to buy. Samsung device is having 16 GB internal memory and one microsd slot while HTC is having 1.1 GB memory plus one micro sd slot.

If I install lots of apps then 1.1 memory is sufficient since almost all apps keep some data in main memory also.

I was having nexus one and memory was main issue for me. Most of the times I need to copy my apps to sd card.

I want to avoid this . But at the same time incredible is having camera LED plus 8.0 mp camera.

I know LED will make a difference but will there be any difference in 8.0 camera of incredible and 5.0 camera of galaxy S.

Also please tell me that using microsd in incredible will be slow?

These two are the best models available in India right now.
Please advice..

Alien.

FLAC Vest

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I saw prices being reported to around 400 as well; I think that's a pretty damn good price for any tablet coming out now; a great screen and keyboard dock make it all the better.

I see this being picked up by a lot of us in college/bloggers if we are looking for something to take to class and whatnot but also want something to play with as well.

moodup

Mar 30, 2011
In my opinion,the htc is more reliable.My brother used a hts cellphone,the quality is good,he had used it 3years.
In addition,using microsd would not be slow.

dani26286

Oct 26, 2010
New York, NY
I played around with the Atrix at best buy. If I had to go to AT&T I would pick that phone. Motorola finally made a device that isn't hideos.

yeah, it seems as feature proof as stated, but, at&t caped it. its not enough they cap data, they do that to phones to.; these people really dont have any kind of shame.
what about the nexus tab. whats that all about? it sure sounds sweet!

abhishek92

Dec 31, 2010
depends..if ur ready to root ur fone and stuff..probably galaxy s..htcs r not as hacker friendly...for out of the box experience..htc's sense UI is the obvious choice..

Jengirl

Sep 26, 2008
[Q] Site with advanced search engine for tablet

Hi!
I'm looking for a tablet pc with Android, but most of all I'm looking for a website like gsmarena for some technical sheets, comparison, advanced search...

Anyone knows something to start my research? :)

And, but maybe that's a stupid question, does exist a tablet with dual boot for choose the OS at the startup?
I've listen that on some phone is possible to use Android/WM7... it is something like that for tablet too?

Thanks!

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
when will the HD2 community shrink, its growing soo much! over 1000+ members viewing the forums on the HD2 at any time of the day, other forums are much less!

how much longer will the phone be supported?! alot longer! i hope other forums will have this popularity.

employee

Feb 24, 2011
ebay, craigs list, amazon. be careful again, although these all are legit sites, u never know if the actual reseller is legitimate, when purchasing from alternate sites like these, as u never know what u actually get. look into every aspect of the descritpiton. if the price is to low, then definetely there is something wrong with it. its still a very potent device on the market, so expect prices as such!

:)

dani26286,
Thanks, I viewed the youtube link in your signature.

Can you point me to the place where I can following written instructions for:
1. Rooting the HTC myTouch 4G
2. Installing the cyanogenmod ROM

dani26286

Oct 26, 2010
New York, NY
dani26286,
Thanks, I viewed the youtube link in your signature.

Can you point me to the place where I can following written instructions for:
1. Rooting the HTC myTouch 4G
2. Installing the cyanogenmod ROM

The guy who made the video, on youtube, has three more parts on that, if u check his page on youtube, with links and everything.
www.cyanogenmod.com, go to devices, choose yours, and you will see your options. For a more in-depth understanting of the whole process, and what it involves, hit the thread that has the phone you choose to have root to, right here on xda, and you will have unlimited amounts of info. Dont hurry until you are sure you understand the whole process, give it time, and understand what it implies. Give your phone the freedom that you own, but never go overboard, cuz you never know...^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: employee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

This is the official thread to discuss what your next phone/tablet should be ?

OR

Which device is better than the other and why.

All threads found in General with this topics will be merged into this one, please use the quote to make sure a follow up can be done
    Thanks,
    [Q] Google Nexus S vs Dell Venue Pro

Basically I am deciding between these two phones (assuming I can get a functional version of the venue pro). I want your guys' input.

MOD EDIT:

Due to the increased Next phone advice / models comparison multiple threads we are creating this one to place all your topic related posts so we can keep them on a single place to help others to find it easy.

I will be moving all that threads/posts in to this one, if you need to discuss anything regarding your thread moved please PM me.

Thanks for your cooperation
    Wait for two reasons:
    (1) A swack load of new phones are comming out - you may be tempted by their features
    (2) New phones will drive down price of current phones, so you might be able to save some money by having patience.
    If you need a keyboard get the Venue Pro, otherwise get the Nexus S. I like Windows Phone 7 but im going to wait for it to mature first before I jump from Android.
    Thread closed, as it adds to confusion and no end result.
    Please search if your comparison has been posted before or not.
    If you are really sure that it hasn't been then and ONLY then post a new thread.