[Q] bad rom experience

Search This thread

bigraynote2

Feb 20, 2013
So I have a new note 2, it was stalk when I got it and ran perfectly with no lag or any issues...only problem no update from my carrier for, 4.1.2

I tried out JediXX and it was OK but had bugs and would restart for no reason, camera was not working properly. Not as smooth as it was Google chrome errors (freezes) some apps don't work....battery life is terrible and a few other problems.

I than tried AOSK Android 4.2.1 and Root Box they were identical, same problems as in jedi and external 64gb card wont work....i bought that for extra space...i love music....music players does not work well...crashes....phone reboots...freezes..just problems.

Can anyone recommend me a rom that runs the same quality as when i bought my wind mobile note 2 (tmobile) i prefer stalk android 4.2.1 but run like it does on the galaxy nexus..any help would be appreciated.

Edit: when I am talking on speaker it echos for the other person...so speaker doesnt work.

Last edited:

Bronyr

Jan 6, 2010
DroidDen
I have none of the problems running jeddi roms. AOSP too buggy but it will be resolved. I'm on wind but have tmous note2. Are you sure you're doing the wipe properly?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

bigraynote2

Feb 20, 2013
Tweaked. I love it. Works perfectly.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

I have none of the problems running jeddi roms. AOSP too buggy but it will be resolved. I'm on wind but have tmous note2. Are you sure you're doing the wipe properly?

Ya I'm sure, it is very easy. Just I find a lot of bugs.....which ROM should I use?

Ur camera should crash? It wont run as smooth as when u got it.

inconceeeivable

Dec 11, 2010

What problems are you having with AOSP?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Ya I'm sure, it is very easy. Just I find a lot of bugs.....which ROM should I use?

Ur camera should crash? It wont run as smooth as when u got it.

Tweaked is a ROM. Its touchwiz based, with some very nice additions. Camera works fine, no reboots or fc's on anything. The dev really added some nice features and it's extremely stable.

Jedi also worked great for me as well. Never had issues with it either.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

bigraynote2

Feb 20, 2013
Tweaked is a ROM. Its touchwiz based, with some very nice additions. Camera works fine, no reboots or fc's on anything. The dev really added some nice features and it's extremely stable.

Jedi also worked great for me as well. Never had issues with it either.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

Do you have a link for that? Is it better than Jedixx?

Will my 64gb external SD card work?

Sorry last question, I hate the Samsung keyboard is it possible to put the Android 4.2.1 keyboard on touchwiz?

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
I won't say it's better than any other ROM, too much respect for our devs, but I love this ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36959847

He may have an option for the 4.2 keyboard, if not you could probably flash one. I prefer SwiftKey so I'm not sure. Definitely check this ROM out, it's very nice.

As far as the sd card, flash perseus kernel and you will be fine.

¤Tweaked 1.4¤

bigraynote2

Feb 20, 2013
I won't say it's better than any other ROM, too much respect for our devs, but I love this ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36959847

He may have an option for the 4.2 keyboard, if not you could probably flash one. I prefer SwiftKey so I'm not sure. Definitely check this ROM out, it's very nice.

As far as the sd card, flash perseus kernel and you will be fine.

¤Tweaked 1.4¤

Do you know where I could flash one (4.2 keyboard) and (kernel for sd card)? Do I just put in on my sd card and zip it from recovery mode?

I will try that rom probably tonight,

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Perseus kernel should be in original android development for tmobile. 4.2 keyboard, I've seen it around. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure. Search in the browser for 4.2 keyboard in the tmobile forums and it will pop up I'm sure.

¤Tweaked 1.4¤

maniep

Jun 1, 2008
So I have a new note 2, it was stalk when I got it and ran perfectly with no lag or any issues...only problem no update from my carrier for, 4.1.2

I tried out JediXX and it was OK but had bugs and would restart for no reason, camera was not working properly. Not as smooth as it was Google chrome errors (freezes) some apps don't work....battery life is terrible and a few other problems.

I than tried AOSK Android 4.2.1 and Root Box they were identical, same problems as in jedi and external 64gb card wont work....i bought that for extra space...i love music....music players does not work well...crashes....phone reboots...freezes..just problems.

Can anyone recommend me a rom that runs the same quality as when i bought my wind mobile note 2 (tmobile) i prefer stalk android 4.2.1 but run like it does on the galaxy nexus..any help would be appreciated.

Edit: when I am talking on speaker it echos for the other person...so speaker doesnt work.

I rooted my Note and first ROM was Jedi9 & now updated to JediXX.

It works perfect for me.

Never had any of the problems you were getting.

For the 64 card to work I formatted to FAT32 per instructions and it took less than 10 minutes. Working great.
The music players all work perfect, Stock Player, Power Amp, Snoosy, Winamp, no crashes at all.
My phone is over clocked to 1812 Mhz and no re boots ever for me.
The camera works amazing, no crashes at all on my phone on JedyXX.
Most important thing is my battery last much better than stock.

It is my opinion something is not right with your devise.

Try downloading the ROM again, also try moving all external card files to PC, then format your card.
Put everything back from PC to the card, delete all android files from the card.
Make sure you have the ROM zip file on the external card.
Go into recovery, wipe all data, cache, d. cache, do full wipe and then re-flash ROM.
Let Devise alone for 10 minutes after flashing and it should work like a charm after that.

If it does not, best thing to do is return your Note for a new swap to Tmobile.

:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: AddisG

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
If you're gonna try out a few different roms and since every o e else is throwing out there favorites. Definitly give frosty a run with xone kernel. Awesome battery and there is no lag phone is an absolute beast.

sent via note 2 in boss mode @ quad core 2 ghz

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
Don't flash anything. Unroot your phone go back to stock. Jedi is solid and AOSP is fine.

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

It works perfect for me.

For the 64 card to work I formatted to FAT32 per instructions and it took less than 10 minutes. Working great.
The music players all work perfect, Stock Player, Power Amp, Snoosy, Winamp, no crashes at all.

Try downloading the ROM again, also try moving all external card files to PC, then format your card.
Put everything back from PC to the card, delete all android files from the card.
Go into recovery, wipe all data, cache, d. cache, do full wipe and then re-flash ROM.
Let Devise alone for 10 minutes after flashing and it should work like a charm after that.

I doubt it is the device. More likely it is user error. It is not politically correct to say but many times people just do not know what they are doing and the best thing is to stick with stock and read a bit before flashing.

Reactions: maniep

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
agrees, jedi rom has no bugs for me either. and i run it always for months at a time.

[well one bug, widget issues, its very minor]

Sent from my SGH-T889

hunterjay7

Sep 28, 2011
Washington
I wad using a 3rd party battery with my old note and got terrrrible battery on jedi x. Now i got a new phone and oem battery and i get 40+hours ... did you follow ALL the instructions in flashing? If you flash to stock is everything working fine..?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It works perfect for me.

Don't flash anything. Unroot your phone go back to stock. Jedi is solid and AOSP is fine.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

It works perfect for me.

I doubt it is the device. More likely it is user error. It is not politically correct to say but many times people just do not know what they are doing and the best thing is to stick with stock and read a bit before flashing.