Case for a normal person.

Search This thread

nickeedoo

May 12, 2010
I have looked high and low for a case that is durable, thin(not the ultra thin ones), but isn't silicon. Anyone using something like this? I need it to be able to slide in and out of my pocket fairly easily. (Hence why I'm avoiding silicon cases) If there's one that does this and covers the volume rocker as well as keeps the phone from laying on the screen or camera, I'd have all my wants met.

Preferably matte black, if I can have it. Thanks!

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009
I am on the same hunt also. Narrowed it down to the silicrylic and ballistic SG. I like the sleekness of the silicrylic, but the robustness and confidence I can have with the ballistic is tempting.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Sluff

Nov 22, 2012
Seidio surface case. Same thing as the platinum. People complain about the button covers breaking but mine have not snagged on anything nor do I feel they are flimsy. In order to break them you would need to have the mind of a two year old that's on a mission to break things.

Dec 20, 2012
I'm not allowed to post links yet, but go to incipio's website and if you go to smart phone cases > htc > htc one x(att) there are a couple cases there. The feather and feather shine are very thin and pretty good looking. I'd recommend the normal feather(black one). I had both but the black one is more durable. The shine one looks really slick, but the corners of the case that line up with the corners of the phone ended up breaking after a month or two. The other one should fair better because it isn't made of out the same plastic material.

nickeedoo

May 12, 2010
Thanks for the replies. I had also looked at the silicryllic and ballistic. Thinking along the lines of one of those. Not sure if I want something that makes the phone huge(er) in the hand than it already is Haha.

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009
I heard that the nilkin was meant for the international so the camera doesn't line up and perfectly with ours

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

vcrp94

Sep 18, 2011
Funchal
I clicked this thread by mistake, but as the case i use on my One X is compatible with One XL i would recomend you the Momax iCase Pro it is made of TPU+Polycarbonate it doesn't add much bulk to the phone while giving very decent protection, the case protudes a bit on the top and bottom to avoid the screen hitting the floor first, it protudes on the back around the camera and overall its a tight fit and feels very well in the hand, slides in the pocket nicely too!

Reactions: nickeedoo

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
Seidio surface case. Same thing as the platinum. People complain about the button covers breaking but mine have not snagged on anything nor do I feel they are flimsy. In order to break them you would need to have the mind of a two year old that's on a mission to break things.

Consider yourself lucky. I know 3 people, including myself, personally that have bought that case and the power button piece broke on all 3. Not a big deal now since I use s2w but at first it sucked big time.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

nickeedoo

May 12, 2010
I clicked this thread by mistake, but as the case i use on my One X is compatible with One XL i would recomend you the Momax iCase Pro it is made of TPU+Polycarbonate it doesn't add much bulk to the phone while giving very decent protection, the case protudes a bit on the top and bottom to avoid the screen hitting the floor first, it protudes on the back around the camera and overall its a tight fit and feels very well in the hand, slides in the pocket nicely too!

I think I'm gonna go with this. Did you get yours from their website? I avoid chinese stores when I can, but this looks like exactly what I want.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Last edited:

vcrp94

Sep 18, 2011
Funchal
I think I'm gonna go with this. Did you get yours from their website? I avoid chinese stores when I can, but this looks like exactly what I want.

I got mine from ebay, not their website, it might take a while as these cases are quite rare to be seen on europe or america and they mostly come from Hong Kong! If you want, i can take some pics so you can see how the case looks on the phone.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Good luck!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_One_X
the two phones have slightly different dimensions
ONE X
134.36 mm (5.290 in) H
69.9 mm (2.75 in) W
8.9 mm (0.35 in) D
ONE XL
134.8 mm (5.31 in)
69.9 mm (2.75 in)
8.9 mm (0.35 in)

I think it shouldn't be a problem considering that on their website they say "Model: One X (S720e)/ One XL (X325s)"

Last edited:

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
I got mine from ebay, not their website, it might take a while as these cases are quite rare to be seen on europe or america and they mostly come from Hong Kong!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I think it shouldn't be a problem considering that on their website they say "Model: One X (S720e)/ One XL (X325s)"

That just tells me they really dont fit 100% if they claim they line up perfect on both phone versions.
It either fits the ONE X perfect or the ONE XL perfect no way it fits both perfect.

vcrp94

Sep 18, 2011
Funchal
That just tells me they really dont fit 100% if they claim they line up perfect on both phone versions.
It either fits the ONE X perfect or the ONE XL perfect no way it fits both perfect.

It's not like the phones are that diferent, its only 0,4mm not 4mm. If you see around there are a lot of cases which are compatible with both phones the One X and the XL and i can't see why are you making such a big deal out of this, if the case doesn't fit on his XL he can always return it. :eek:

Reactions: bugga214

nickeedoo

May 12, 2010
It's not like the phones are that diferent, its only 0,4mm not 4mm. If you see around there are a lot of cases which are compatible with both phones the One X and the XL and i can't see why are you making such a big deal out of this, if the case doesn't fit on his XL he can always return it. :eek:

True. Thank you both for your input. They are a little different, but I'm not too worried about it. ;) If you wouldn't mind putting some pictures up, I'd really appreciate it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    True. Thank you both for your input. They are a little different, but I'm not too worried about it. ;) If you wouldn't mind putting some pictures up, I'd really appreciate it!

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9936785/

Here you go, i'm sorry about the picture's quality as i don't have a dedicated camera around..

It is worth mentioning my phone is the international One X.

Good luck!
    ONE X
    134.36 mm (5.290 in) H
    69.9 mm (2.75 in) W
    8.9 mm (0.35 in) D
    ONE XL
    134.8 mm (5.31 in)
    69.9 mm (2.75 in)
    8.9 mm (0.35 in)

I got mine from ebay, not their website, it might take a while as these cases are quite rare to be seen on europe or america and they mostly come from Hong Kong! If you want, i can take some pics so you can see how the case looks on the phone.

Good luck!
    ONE X
    134.36 mm (5.290 in) H
    69.9 mm (2.75 in) W
    8.9 mm (0.35 in) D
    ONE XL
    134.8 mm (5.31 in)
    69.9 mm (2.75 in)
    8.9 mm (0.35 in)