[ ROM / 7-4 ] Calkulin's EViO 3 v1.0 [ 4.24 l Gingerbread l Undervolted l Tweaked ]

Search This thread

seekis

Jun 8, 2010
I'm on a Mac. Stanger still is that my wife EVO works just fine on EViO 3

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Last edited:

swurvv

May 20, 2008
Brooklyn, N.Y.
custom version please

calk please can you either give me a link to a black bar lock screen or put in rom and to change the 1x on signal bar please love your Rom but hate those 2 things oh and can I please have a zip download for your launcher but in 4x4.

Last edited:
Z

zedmay

Is anyone using any overclocking? If so, What is your settings?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

boodaka

Sep 15, 2007
MiYaYo
What OS are you using? I tried to hookup to a WinXP machine earlier today and had that same issue, but once I got home and tried my Win 7 Pro desktop, it worked fine. I was able to completely back up and reload my entire SD card...

Works fine here too win7

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

itster2

Aug 7, 2008
NY
this rom is running just as good as MYN's twopointtwo rls 5. the only thing i'm not liking is the 4g signal at this time. same radio on MYN's i get 2 bars, with yours i get one. this may be because the icons look different and signal could be identical. i also like all the options when i press the power button, instead of a seperate app. quick boot asks you to pay for the hot restart feature when MYN's comes with it for free.

otherwise good job calk and will use the rom until i get tired of it.

i mention MYN's rom is because i am going from his to yours and no other reason.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
calk please can you either give me a link to a black bar lock screen or put in rom and to change the 1x on signal bar please love your Rom but hate those 2 things oh and can I please have a zip download for your launcher but in 4x4.

Head to the theme section bud and you should be able to search around and find everything you need there. All your suggestions are themeing stuff so head there. Dont plan on Calk changing that sick lock screen to a plain black bar. The 1x was added too to show you TRUE network speeds as noted in the notes.
Check JsChiSurf's Rosie mods for your 4x4 needs.

regardless everything you want there can be found in the theme section.

alirocks4u

Feb 7, 2011
Novice Rom, thanks again. I don't see why people like that 5x5 app drawer. Looks cluttered and cramped.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

KarbonKopy

Mar 28, 2007
Been using this almost 24 hrs....great Rom! Have FC issues when enabling Wifi and the fastboot has something about buying it?

Great work, would love to see some Sense 2.1/3.0 elements added to this Rom!

corynat

Dec 5, 2008
Two thing I am curious if anyone else is seeing.

1. I am not getting EVDO speed. I get 4G and I get 1x. Ran it through speedtest and it does appear to be one or the other but no EVDO. Updated my profile but still nothing.

2. When I disable the fast boot and reboot the phone, it hangs at the EVO splash screen. Wiped and flashed twice and it did it both times.

ths_

Jun 24, 2009
Is anyone else getting beyond horrible battery life with this? I have gone down 40% in just over two hours and I'm not even using the phone.

I'm in a place with good signal too... :(

achllles

Dec 9, 2007
Everything works as it should at my end.

Only thing i changed was the wifi tether to pre version 15 because one that came with the rom fc on me.

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
What OS are you using? I tried to hookup to a WinXP machine earlier today and had that same issue, but once I got home and tried my Win 7 Pro desktop, it worked fine. I was able to completely back up and reload my entire SD card...
Been using WinXP- works fine on every other ROM. I started using EVOZone CM 7.0.2.1 - PURE - RIPTIDE last night. Still some things about CM7 that I don't like though.

swurvv

May 20, 2008
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Thanks but I have another problem this leaked GB Rom won't let me flash any kinda themeing taskbar,lockscreen, anything except for kernals or the phone bricks and hangs at the splash screen so now how do I stop that?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EViO 3 Series

97264818.png
    65447389.png
    launchers.png

Based on rooted 2.3.3 / GRI40 - 4.24.651.1

ROM includes:
    HTC 2.6.35.10-gc0a661b #1 kernel
    Most HTC apps
    EStrongs File Explorer
    Facebook
    HTC_IME mod
    Quickboot
    Wireless Tether
    Busybox
    and a couple more
    (Removed apps are in the sdcard/Removed_Apps folder)

MODs included:
    Tweaked system(Very FAST)
    Kernel is undervolted & includes Tun module, Conservative and Powersave governors
    Unlocked 3G USB tethering & Sprint Hotspot!
    Moved dalvik-cache to cache partition
    Reduced auto-brightness range for better battery life
    Disabled search button(Enable zip attached)
    Removed haptic feedback from dialer & stock Android lockscreen(if you decide to use it)
    Notification bar will display TRUE network speeds(2G(1x) when used), instead of always 3G(EVDO)
    Battery % on battery meter(ported from Smooth Icons)
    Removed USB Debug notification
    Removed purple hue from most of Sense
    Colored notification icons
    Rosie app launcher displays 5x5 icons & swapped right button to launch the browser(ported from JsChiSurf's Rosie mods)
    Upped MMS size limit to 5MB(Default is 2MB still)
    Modded Flash Player so Hulu works
    Annoying ads in programs are blocked

System has also been de-odex'd, apk's have been optimized & aligned

v1.0
    Initial Release

Important Notes - Due to how this ROM is setup, a wipe is recommended BEFORE flashing

You must be rooted to flash this ROM, so go here to learn how to

Be sure to do a backup before flashing and read the change log

EViO 3 ROM (v1.0) - Mirror

Previous ROM versions

Latest Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot

Splash - MUST be NAND unlocked(S-OFF) to flash

splash1.png
    Here's a early release of the official version of EViO 3 based on 4.24. Has almost all the "extras" EViO 2 had minus the 4 in 1 reboot menu and the power notification widget(still haven't had a lot of time to port those but I'll get it done soon).

EViO 3 ROM (v1.0)
    Sorry for the delay in posting the official release but it's finally up now...
    I approve this statement
    Calkulin is one of the most respected and talented developers around here. I trust his judgment on when an update is appropriate. Patience, young grasshopper, is a virtue.