FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] Nova 2.2 v8 (w/ quasar, oc support & more)

1,996 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,932

By knzo, Senior Member on 9th July 2011, 12:58 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
31st July 2011, 09:04 AM |#601  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
1.7.31 - the Wi-Fi does not display the intensity of the signal, and always shows the minimum value.

31st July 2011, 09:06 AM |#602  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netum

How to return widget "clock weather"? Install through folder appinj "WeatherWidget.apk + odex, DigitalClockWidget.apk + odex". In the application appeared the weather, but the widget does.

And one more problem: I have a Russian system language. Some of the folders named in Cyrillic. When I turn on phone, after scanning sd card , these folders are in the title in place of letters "???????". But when I unplug the sd card from the options menu and connect back (without removing it from phone), after scanning sd card, Cyrillic folder names are displayed correctly.

for the LG widget, you must use appwidgetpicker
31st July 2011, 09:36 AM |#603  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
pls make step-by-step video, how2 instal excelent NOVA rom (for ex. unboxing, power on LG OB, cwm, reboot recovery, wipe, instal NOVA...)

best regards from CzechRep
31st July 2011, 09:41 AM |#604  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
1.7.31 - After restarting sd-card ceased to be visible.
After another reboot again became visible... SD-card becomes invisible, if the directory is created nova/appj/system and there are copied system files apk+odex. After the reboot directory nova/appj/system disappears.
31st July 2011, 11:01 AM |#605  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcantonio

on nova 1.7.31 right now and it's running quite good. still can't install apps on the sd (it kinda disappears on reboot), but still, so far so good! you are a genius sir noejn!

But what do you mean install on sd?
Applications are being forced to install on internal memory.

When you say install on sd, you mean moving them to the sdcard?

And it's only good to install on the sd if you have a class 10 microSD card; emmc's optimized ext4 is already good as it is.

I never had any more problems of market issues and sdcard, everything is working for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBort

1.7.31 - the Wi-Fi does not display the intensity of the signal, and always shows the minimum value.

We know about that.
Probably related to the theme. Either way, not that relevant.

Quote:

1.7.31 - After restarting sd-card ceased to be visible.
After another reboot again became visible... SD-card becomes invisible, if the directory is created nova/appj/system and there are copied system files apk+odex. After the reboot directory nova/appj/system disappears.

/system is supposed to disappear.
It copies stuff, then deletes the folder. But I shall test to see sdcard's reaction.

Next time you want to bug report (if it is indeed a bug), use the link provided in post #3, the odds of me seeing are greater.

~

One more thing, quadrant values will decrease. First because there's no default overclock to 1.1 Ghz anymore and I did some things in the kernel that will kill about 100 points in quadrant (which is a stupid benchmark by the way); don't worry, it's snappier and more battery-friendly of course, but quadrant doesn't evaluate this.

Now, next version will only be next week. This one I'll be on the beach but I'll come here every now and then to check up.
The Following User Says Thank You to knzo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knzo Ad-Free
31st July 2011, 11:26 AM |#606  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Created directory on the sdcard\nova appinj\system, and there copied apk+odex. Restarted the phone. The program is not established and I got that phone stopped to see the sdcard. Rebooting didn't help. I had to physically remove the flash drive and insert. Only then did I see. And the application has not appeared.

While charging, the screen becomes unmanageable - either slows down or run various programs.

As you can adjust processor voltage and increase the upper limit of the (more than 1 Ghz) software?

The rest - your program is wonderful! Thanks for the work!

Sorry for my English - I use a translator.
31st July 2011, 11:37 AM |#607  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

While charging, the screen becomes unmanageable - either slows down or run various programs.

As you can adjust processor voltage and increase the upper limit of the (more than 1 Ghz) software?.

Terminal > "su" (allow) > "nova"
The Following User Says Thank You to knzo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knzo Ad-Free
31st July 2011, 11:46 AM |#608  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Noejn:
i use gingerbreak for root (SU icon rdy), but terminal > SU > permission dennied

whats wrong?
31st July 2011, 12:03 PM |#609  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noejn

Terminal > "su" (allow) > "nova"

It's OK, but if I try "1. Overcklock", then Terminal write "Type the voltage you want".
Which voltage I want? )))

And what is the difference in I/O Sheduller (1-4)?
1. (stok)
2. Deadline
3 Simple (recommend)
4. V(R)

Wich the better?
31st July 2011, 12:06 PM |#610  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Apps moved sd card are still disappearing, i have 8 gb SD card but cant use it.. You should let installing apps in SD card..

Thank for your hard work and sorry for my bad english..
31st July 2011, 12:20 PM |#611  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawry

Noejn:
i use gingerbreak for root (SU icon rdy), but terminal > SU > permission dennied

whats wrong?

It already had root, you didn't need gingerbreak.
My guess is by running gingerbreak you broke it. You should've asked, now you probably need to reflash nova.

Quote:

It's OK, but if I try "1. Overcklock", then Terminal write "Type the voltage you want".
Which voltage I want? )))

And what is the difference in I/O Sheduller (1-4)?
1. (stok)
2. Deadline
3 Simple (recommend)
4. V(R)

Wich the better?

Frequency and voltage table: http://goo.gl/EMntc
This is everywhere... you need to pay more attention.

And Simple I/O it's the best I/O Scheduler for EMMC devices like Optimus Black. It beats CFQ, Antecipatory, Noop, BFQ, VR (also good), Deadline, you name it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XER0123

Apps moved sd card are still disappearing, i have 8 gb SD card but cant use it.. You should let installing apps in SD card..

Thank for your hard work and sorry for my bad english..

I tested that on 1.7.30 and they weren't disappearing. But when I come back I'll see about that again.

And like I said before, SD card size doesn't matter, what matters is class. Installing applications on SD decreases performance if you have a class inferior to 10.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread