FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,641 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,084

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2017, 05:38 PM |#1301  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 788

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitman xxx

@osm0sis, Thanks for all great and awesome work, just need your help to solve Unroot pre-rooted rom issue.
i try to Unroot my Preroted RR rom 6.0.1 as i have no alternative rom to my device yet. in order to get Magisk(Systemless) with your unSU script https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=63615067
then try to extract boot.img from Rom zip and reflash it. it seems to success to unroot and already flash Magisk and yup got Magisk Manager on App drawer also can give apps root access by magisk. but Magisk itself and rom setting force closed everytime try open them So do u have an idea about why this happened or if i miss something here.?
using Latest Magisk 13.2
RR 6.0.1 rom
SM-G7102

Edit: it's only apps preloaded in rom that got root access and working fine eg.(kernel aditure) but for those i setup got force closed immediately..! what does it mean..!??

There's also a newer Magisk Manager app available, v5.0.6 . It may not solve your FC issues but maybe worth giving it a try.

Here's the release post discussing the changes/fixes within v5.0.6 Magisk Manager. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=16157

It is available for DL within OP section or recent comments/posts(yesterday I believe) of the Magisk v13.2 Official Thread.

You can also grab a copy of v5.0.6 Magisk Manager at apkmirror.com .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paschfire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paschfire Ad-Free

16th July 2017, 01:29 AM |#1302  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paschfire

There's also a newer Magisk Manager app available, v5.0.6 . It may not solve your FC issues but maybe worth giving it a try.

Here's the release post discussing the changes/fixes within v5.0.6 Magisk Manager. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=16157

It is available for DL within OP section or recent comments/posts(yesterday I believe) of the Magisk v13.2 Official Thread.

You can also grab a copy of v5.0.6 Magisk Manager at apkmirror.com .

Thanks bro for reply. maybe not clarified in my post as iam already using latest Magisk 13.2 beside latest Magisk Manager 5.0.6
16th July 2017, 06:21 AM |#1303  
Thanks Meter: 1,250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Still probably better in recovery since you'll likely need root access to grab some directories, like the root owned TWRP one.....

i'm using your release of 3rd july. an app i use - mybackup pro - requires newer busybox, which your release delivers. but, i have a few issues trying to get it working alongside magisk. could you check this post and see if you can help me in any way? thanks a lot.

edit: @digitman xxx, could you try the app i have linked to here? thanks.
16th July 2017, 09:29 AM |#1304  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,519

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

i'm using your release of 3rd july. an app i use - mybackup pro - requires newer busybox, which your release delivers. but, i have a few issues trying to get it working alongside magisk. could you check this post and see if you can help me in any way? thanks a lot.

Works fine for me with My Backup Pro, osm0sis busybox and Magisk v13.2.

If you need to use Magisk v12, make sure you don't have busybox ticked in Magisk's settings as that would conflict with busybox here.

@osm0sis thanks for these.
Busybox is fine and not detected
AIK was a pain to install because my /data is encrypted.
I had to install it manually using terminal.
The Following User Says Thank You to ante0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ante0 Ad-Free
16th July 2017, 11:56 AM |#1305  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ante0

Works fine for me with My Backup Pro, osm0sis busybox and Magisk v13.2....AIK was a pain to install because my /data is encrypted. I had to install it manually using terminal.

i used the installer zip by @osm0sis. busybox does not get detected as can be seen from the screenshot (last under set 1) in this post. how did you install it manually using terminal?.
16th July 2017, 12:39 PM |#1306  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,519

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i used the installer zip by @osm0sis. busybox does not get detected as can be seen from the screenshot (last under set 1) in this post. how did you install it manually using terminal?.

Busybox installed fine using original script. It's Android image kitchen that didn't. Because it installs to /data but my /data partition is encrypted in TWRP. So I had to write a script that installs when the phone is booted.

Could you try with Magisk v13.2?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ante0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ante0 Ad-Free
16th July 2017, 12:57 PM |#1307  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ante0

...Could you try with Magisk v13.2?

yeah, let me see. thanks.
16th July 2017, 11:13 PM |#1308  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,084

Donate to Me
More
Heads up, I just brought the BootUnlocker app back from the dead!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...3/post73055753

I added support for OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X, with more devices to come, and am now accepting Pull Requests and collaborators for further device/design updates.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2017, 03:08 AM |#1309  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:

Sorry, but i am not understand what can My Backup Pro do in my case, i am already use Titanium Backup Pro
i know My Backup Pro could work w/wo root access but what's the benefits over that.
17th July 2017, 07:29 AM |#1310  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitman xxx

... My Backup Pro could work... but what's the benefits over that.

omg, i just made a request. disregard.
18th July 2017, 12:01 AM |#1311  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

New addition to the OP.

Busybox Installer:
As a byproduct of building my own static busybox compiles in all supported Android architectures for my latest AIK-mobile v2.0 package I figured I might as well offer them up separately as well since there aren't any providers making Android x64 builds, at least not for all of them when I went hunting (to try and save myself some time). The installer detects what architecture (ARM/ARM64, x86/x86_64, MIPS/MIPS64) your device uses and installs the correct busybox binary to /system/xbin accordingly; it detects and supports "systemless" root installation as well, installing to /su/(x)bin instead. It then cleans up any symlinks from a possible previous installation at that location and cleverly generates new symlinks directly from the output of the installed binary, so they always match.

My busybox configs and patches are available here: https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk

ARM has the most applets available, followed by x86 and MIPS. The x64 builds, due to being from the API 21 NDK, had some things fixed without requiring patches that were previously broken, but also introduced a few code errors requiring me to disable a couple applets that work for the other architectures. I've got a patch submitted to the official busybox mailinglist to resolve some API 21 compatibility too, so that will probably be added in a future version to save people time and make it easier for more providers. Anyway, hopefully I got all the applets most people want working.

Edit: Now the zip will also clean up an installation made to /su/bin and then install to /su/xbin.

Edit 2: Android and Android x64 builds now have the same applet inclusion.

New special zip features:
1) system may be added to the zip filename to force a system installation.
2) uninstall or Uninstall may be added to the zip filename to uninstall busybox from the zip's detected target location (/su/xbin > /magisk/busybox-ndk/system/xbin > /system/xbin, unless system forced per above).

Hi, I flashed this zip it flashed successfully but there is no icon of this ie like busybox , is this how it is? How to verify if installed (Though everything went fine while flashing with TWRP)
Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)