FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,645 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,095

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th March 2019, 10:45 PM |#2281  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,064

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

But not all modules use it when updating. Yesterday I've seen a module's update copied the new file into the corresponding module folder and created a file called ".update" (which will be deleted on next reboot)

Yeah I just saw one that used the update folder, also added the .update file to the module folder, and had the new module.prop in both folders (since the file being replaced was actually the same in the update as currently can't be sure what happened there)

5th March 2019, 10:56 PM |#2282  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
There's still backwards compatibility using actual images (though that may be buggy on some devices). What I was saying is I didn't realize in imageless Magisk there's also an analogous directory to use for merging updates, which is modules_update. I was updating the modules directory directly so that might explain the weird behavior you were seeing.

Edit: Update pushed which uses the correct update directory.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2019, 02:02 AM |#2283  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

There's still backwards compatibility using actual images (though that may be buggy on some devices). What I was saying is I didn't realize in imageless Magisk there's also an analogous directory to use for merging updates, which is modules_update. I was updating the modules directory directly so that might explain the weird behavior you were seeing.

Edit: Update pushed which uses the correct update directory.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about what you guys were discussing, but that last update fixed the problem with an uninstall then reinstall from recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to jallenhayslett For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jallenhayslett Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 09:30 PM |#2284  
Flag Siena
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Busybox for Android NDK updated to 1.30.1 (13014)
Hi, I have a Samsung S9 (starlte) with LineageOS 15.1. Use Magisk Canary Channel v18.2 (0204d053) (18114) with Magisk Manager (c345633d) (194). I tried to download and install the latest version of your BusyBox module, but the installation failed? I attach the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: log magisk_install_log_20190308_221027.log - [Click for QR Code] (1.0 KB, 8 views)
8th March 2019, 09:31 PM |#2285  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Went to update BusyBox and got a error that it failed to install. I already have it workeing ok, The update failed.
Lg v20 oreo rom
8th March 2019, 10:44 PM |#2286  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooonea

Hi, I have a Samsung S9 (starlte) with LineageOS 15.1. Use Magisk Canary Channel v18.2 (0204d053) (18114) with Magisk Manager (c345633d) (194). I tried to download and install the latest version of your BusyBox module, but the installation failed? I attach the log file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldybill

Went to update BusyBox and got a error that it failed to install. I already have it workeing ok, The update failed.
Lg v20 oreo rom

Try again. You guys must have tried to install in all of the 30 minutes it was broken. There has been another update with it working for over an hour now.

Turns out mksh can handle that=$((blah || blarg) 2>/dev/null); like a normal, sensible shell, but ash can't and instead interprets it like it should be $(()), so the fix was literally adding a space.

https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...b9edf1e1bebe02
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2019, 11:28 PM |#2287  
Flag Siena
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Solved for me
9th March 2019, 01:27 AM |#2288  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
after the last busybox update, all the modules installed in Magisk are all gone. And I can't install the Repo module
9th March 2019, 01:35 AM |#2289  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrik bower

after the last busybox update, all the modules installed in Magisk are all gone. And I can't install the Repo module

That's definitely got nothing to do with my busybox.
9th March 2019, 01:38 AM |#2290  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrik bower

No problems here using latest busybox on latest canary and on latest unofficial. Which Magisk version are you on? Any logs?
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 01:43 AM |#2291  
Thanks Meter: 606

More
@osm0sis is this expected?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aaa.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	4719457  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags