Thanks Meter: 653

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2014, 03:55 PM |#1411  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

Sry, my bad it's under brightness tab almost at the bottom.

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

oh i see that.. that just sets the min and max brightness. i guess i have to wait on an update.
its just that when im in a call lux brightness goes in sleeping mode for some reason..

17th July 2014, 04:00 PM |#1412  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 29,921

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc-uk-88

oh i see that.. that just sets the min and max brightness. i guess i have to wait on an update.
its just that when im in a call lux brightness goes in sleeping mode for some reason..

Most ROM's just blackout the screen during a phone call.
It's a waist off battery power to light-up the screen when it's next to your ear.
The Following User Says Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kantjer Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 04:03 PM |#1413  

More
ah i found a fix through tasker to force lux to turn back on..
17th July 2014, 04:05 PM |#1414  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc-uk-88

ah i found a fix through tasker to force lux to turn back on..

Where would we be without Tasker
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kantjer Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 04:06 PM |#1415  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantjer

Most ROM's just blackout the screen during a phone call.
It's a waist off battery power to light-up the screen when it's next to your ear.

yeah i get what you mean. but it was a prob for me indoors, when i use things like loudspeaker or touch input.. the screen was too bright, and i just wanted lux to stay on as the profile i have has the screen brightness perfect for indoor etc. now through tasker i can turn lux back on when in-call, and if i put in next to my ear the screen still goes off.
17th July 2014, 05:49 PM |#1416  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by figuremania

With cf.lumen support enabled, I'm unable to change brightness manually with lux. Only way for lux to function normally is to turn the option off. Is this intended behavior? Am I missing other option to change?

What device are you using?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 08:14 PM |#1417  
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

What device are you using?

It's Sony Xperia Z Ultra (c6806) with stock rom (4.4.4)
18th July 2014, 02:30 AM |#1418  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1807

And the Nexus5 plugin finally works as it should after enabling CF.Lumen and download the drivers

How did you do that? I am unable to select the plug-in after enabling CF.lumen integration. If I enable the plug-in first and subsequently enable CF.lumen integration, the plug-in appears to remain installed but I doubt that it's really active because the enable plug-in option is greyed-out.

CF.lumen does a pretty good job with astro and night mode but unfortunately it seems to use overlays as opposed to actually changing the color profile. You can see this in the recent apps viewer after switching off astro mode. The apps that were active in astro mode have a red overlay. This is kinda disappointing.

I wish the dev would comment on some of these issues. I can't find any documentation on CF.lumen integration, especially vis a vis the plug-in.
18th July 2014, 11:15 AM |#1419  
Recognized Contributor

More
@Cyb3rGlitch, could ad transparency support to the notification?
I can set notification background transparency in my ROM but the Lux AB notification stays solid black no matter the setting.
18th July 2014, 05:54 PM |#1420  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirtzpeitz

How did you do that? I am unable to select the plug-in after enabling CF.lumen integration. If I enable the plug-in first and subsequently enable CF.lumen integration, the plug-in appears to remain installed but I doubt that it's really active because the enable plug-in option is greyed-out.

CF.lumen does a pretty good job with astro and night mode but unfortunately it seems to use overlays as opposed to actually changing the color profile. You can see this in the recent apps viewer after switching off astro mode. The apps that were active in astro mode have a red overlay. This is kinda disappointing.

I wish the dev would comment on some of these issues. I can't find any documentation on CF.lumen integration, especially vis a vis the plug-in.

CF.lumen is altering the rendering pipeline somehow. It's not an overlay, but it's not a low level colour profile either. Somewhere in-between. The advantage is that it works on all devices with Android 4.4 or higher. A dedicated plug-in will always be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantjer

@Cyb3rGlitch, could ad transparency support to the notification?
I can set notification background transparency in my ROM but the Lux AB notification stays solid black no matter the setting.

I'll look into it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
18th July 2014, 07:42 PM |#1421  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

CF.lumen is altering the rendering pipeline somehow. It's not an overlay, but it's not a low level colour profile either. Somewhere in-between. The advantage is that it works on all devices with Android 4.4 or higher. A dedicated plug-in will always be better.

Interesting, thanks. I assume that means CF.lumen incurs a battery hit whereas a plug-in that simply changes the color profile doesn't?

Any plans to work out the kinks in the plug-in?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)