Brain's Taskbar WM6.5 ~ gfreek edition V6 - Development on HOLD!!

Search This thread

piccolopunto

Jul 17, 2008
Install was fine without any error. Then softreset..

But i get the same grafics issue like in my sreenshot a few posts up..

The fact why don't "upgrade" to 6.5 is that I don't like the honeycumb start..

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Install was fine without any error. Then softreset..

But i get the same grafics issue like in my sreenshot a few posts up..

The fact why don't "upgrade" to 6.5 is that I don't like the honeycumb start..

Thanks for the feedback!;) I think I know what the the issue is but it will take me longer to fix it so watch this space!

I know what you mean about the honeycomb start I too did not like it initially especially on the earlier beta build versions of WM 6.5 but with the latest RTM build's of WM 6.5 M$ got rid of the actual honeycome divider in start menu although the program icons are still staggered it's lot better and with a bit of xml knowledge one could easily modify the start menu layout e.g. program icon sizes, number of coloums etc... it's IMHO a lot more customisable then the old start menu of WM 6.1 bottom line it still does the same function of the programs menu without the classic drop down start menu list, that's the only thing you miss!!

In any case I perfectly respect your choice of sticking with WM 6.1 if it works for you why change?:)

Last edited:

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Sorry guys just noticed this minor bug it seems that the battery indicator in taskbar is not in sync with battery application in settings it's off by 1% so to fix this please tweak the following registry:

HKLM\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps and change the DWORD value of "BatteryIconsLevels" from 101 to 102 and soft reset, battery level will now be in sync with system battery monitor!

or you can just install the attached cab and soft reset voila back in sync!;)

dany20mh

Apr 11, 2009
Thanks gfreek For This Nice Icon , I Have A Question :

I Want An HTC Logo Like At Taskbar In Post 2 , But You Release Version 2 Of Taskbar , I Want To Know What Is Different Between Them ?

Is This Any Bug In Version 1 , Or Just Change HTC Logo Like Other Icon ?

And Thanks Again .

Cluster_

Sep 30, 2007
Wm6.1 Bar

Hi there,
First of all, GREAT WORK!
But i have original wm 6.1 and you know it doesn't work. Therefore, is it possible to get your last version without x-fix, because this one works for wm6.1 without problems. I deleted the file because of the new version.

THX

Tom

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Thanks gfreek For This Nice Icon , I Have A Question :

I Want An HTC Logo Like At Taskbar In Post 2 , But You Release Version 2 Of Taskbar , I Want To Know What Is Different Between Them ?

Is This Any Bug In Version 1 , Or Just Change HTC Logo Like Other Icon ?

And Thanks Again .

The diffrence between version 1 and verson 2 is that on version 2 the start icons match rest of the taskbar icons thats all!!

Hi there,
First of all, GREAT WORK!
But i have original wm 6.1 and you know it doesn't work. Therefore, is it possible to get your last version without x-fix, because this one works for wm6.1 without problems. I deleted the file because of the new version.

THX

Tom

Cluster look here:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3647730&postcount=1595 I posted the link to download the cab for Brians taskbar WM 6.1 it was for one of davidueck's wm 6.1 rom but it should work with any other wm6.1 rom!;)

Last edited:

blackice168

Nov 27, 2008
wow, looks really good!

do you have a roaming indicator? the white triangle? it was missing in another brian set i had before (black and grey?)

dany20mh

Apr 11, 2009
gfreek , Can You Fix The Taskbar Battery Issue In The Install CAB ?

I See Your Post For Battery Issue Fix ( Post 25 ) , But Can You Fix This In Installation CAB , And Provide A New CAB ?

Thanks Again .

Major_Sarcasm

Jan 26, 2009
South Coast, UK
oceancopy.co.uk
This is top-notch, really appreciate this. One of the best taskbar sets, working with 6.5 and updated too :)

One missing icon that I've found... the "wifi unavailable" icon. See attached screenie.

If this was skinned to look the same, this taskbar would be complete (apart from the taskmanager drop-down button...) :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 528

kille9

Oct 9, 2007
I used Brians old 6.5 taskbar. There the bluetooth stereo headset icon was missing, is it fixed in this new version?

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Thanks again for this great work. but i have a small problem. i have Blackstone volume control installed (full screen vol). Every time i reset the phone it reverts to single volume control. I have to change it back to twin vol in manila settings. Any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks.

Last edited:

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
This is top-notch, really appreciate this. One of the best taskbar sets, working with 6.5 and updated too :)

One missing icon that I've found... the "wifi unavailable" icon. See attached screenie.

If this was skinned to look the same, this taskbar would be complete (apart from the taskmanager drop-down button...) :D

Thanks for the screenie! I actually prefer these icons so left them in but no worries I can skin them aswell to match the rest and also looking into skinning the taskmanager drop down button just need to locate where that bmp is hideing from me!LOL

So expect an update soon version 3!;)

I used Brians old 6.5 taskbar. There the bluetooth stereo headset icon was missing, is it fixed in this new version?

Yes, do a test with your bt stereo head set you should see the nicer icon!;)

piccolopunto

Jul 17, 2008
Hey gfreek.. Sorry for askin again but did you manage to get this awesome peace of work also for 6.1?

Today i flashed dutty's 3.6 and for me this is the best ROM till now..

thanks in advance and best regards!

piccolopunto

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Thanks again for this great work. but i have a small problem. i have Blackstone volume control installed (full screen vol). Every time i reset the phone it reverts to single volume control. I have to change it back to twin vol in manila settings. Any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks.

Ok found the culprit I have to update the HTCVolumeControl.dll to the new Topaz one which I'm guessing the rom you are using is based on hence the issue you have, I will have this fixed in version 3 (just need to finish skining some other icons) However, in the the meantime you can install the attached cab that will fix your issue!;)