Nov 20, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Logo.jpg

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
http://webchat.freenode.net/
irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

NOTE: Be sure to disable any lagfix you are currently running before flashing this, especially voodoo!

Nero v3:
- JL5 system files
- JL5 kernel w/voodoo 5.0.4 (voodoo now disabled by default, to enable, read instructions below)
- JL5 modem
- 4 lock screen options (stock android, glass, fascinate, epic)
- Disabled battery full notification
- Reboot options added to power menu (reboot, reboot recovery, reboot download mode)
- Nexus S microbes live wallpaper
- Nexus S nexus live wallpaper
- Nexus S car dock application
- Nexus S Power Widget
- Nexus S icons
- Nexus S audio/notification files
- Nexus S Launcher
- Nexus S Wallpapers
- Nexus S Genie Widget
- Nexus S transition animations
- Nexus S settings menu icons
- Heavily modified frameworks (gingerbread)
- Re-added transparent power widget
- Re-added transparent google search widget
- Re-added home desk app
- Many fixed icons and framework-res images
- New Market
- New Titanium Backup
- New Rom Manager
- New Voice Search
- New Maps
- New YouTube
- New Google Voice
- New Gmail
- AOSP mms
- Added some new wallpaper
- Settings now includes 'stay awake while charging' option (thanks Jocelyn)
- Mms compose icon fixed (thanks Jocelyn)
- Spare parts (allows for animation speed tweaks)
- Mounting issues fixed
- Phone number identification fixed
- Init script edits for smoother UI
- Custom boot animation
- Custom shutdown sound (linda)
- Very fast, fast, fast, and very stable....especially with voodoo!

Nero v3 TouchWiz Edition:
- Includes every spec listed above, but.....
- Removed gingerbread launcher and restored my modified TouchWiz launcher (modified launcher eliminates all drawer open/close lag)
- Restores TouchWiz wallpaper chooser
- Restores most twiz/samsung apps and widgets (buddies now, daily briefing, days, feeds and updates, program monitor)
- Install procedure is the same as the Nero v3 gingerbread edition

UPDATE: 12/22/10 @ 12:49pm MST - Just updated rom files below to include the JL5 kernel w/updated voodoo 5.0.4 posted minutes ago. Fixes corrupted mbrs and device detection. Those of you who could not get your system to convert should be good to go now. :)

Rom Downloads:
Nero v3 w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)
Nero v3 TouchWiz Edition w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)

Mirrors:

Extras:
Don't forget to visit our team forum for TONS of additional addons and googies. Team Whiskey Forum!

Also, make sure you stop by jdanisevich's thread, Slightly Better Gingerbread, and look at all the awesome modifications he's done for Nero 3

Voodoo 5.0.4 Details:
- Supports small/larger nand chips
- Converts full system partition to ext4 (nexus s uses ext4 files system. theres a reason samsung dropped our crap rfs system...it sucks! ext4 is amazing)
- Incredibly fast, solid, and stable. Much better than rfs or ext2 file system
- Disable voodoo directly via clock work recovery

Installing Nero v3 w/voodoo 5.0.4:
1. Place nero_3_voodoo.zip on internal sdcard
2. Disable ANY and ALL other lagfixes (yes, this includes ext2 one click lagfix! You cannot run both)
3. Reboot into clock work recovery via rom manager or manually
4. Select 'install zip from sdcard'
5. Select 'choose zip from sdcard'
6. Select 'Nero_3_voodoo.zip'
7. Select 'Yes - install Nero_3_voodoo.zip'
8. Wait for installation to finish
9. Reboot
10. After full boot, wait roughly 10 minutes and reboot, this will smooth things out and eliminate any small bugs.
11. Done!

Enable Voodoo:
1. On your internal sdcard, you will find a voodoo folder containing a file called 'disable-lagfix'. This was pre-installed when you flashed. Find it.
2. Delete the 'disable-lagfix' file from the voodoo folder.
3. Reboot intor clockwork recovery
4. Select 'voodo lagfix'
5. Select 'enable lagfix'
6. reboot
7. You phone will now convert to a full ext4 file system, this will take about 4 minutes. Be patient!
9. Phone will boot up and you're done!

Disable Voodoo:
1. Reboot into clock work recovery via power menu options, terminal, or adb to get to the 'red' clockwork screen
2. In CWR menu, select 'voodoo lagfix'
3. Select 'disable lagfix'
4. Select 'go back'
5. Select 'reboot system now'
6. Your file system will now be converted back to rfs. This will take about 2-4 minutes, be patient!
7. Once your phone reboots, reboot back into clock work recovery and you may now flash anything of your choice

Last edited:

anthonys2r

Jul 19, 2008
4. Select 'voodo lagfix'
6. reboot

Do you mean the green clockwork recovery or do you mean clockwork recovery app that you access through drawer? i ask because i couldn't get voodoo to work on v2 for the life of me (no linda voice or red recovery)

EDIT: Found the solution! For those that cannot get Voodoo to work, even after deleting the disable-voodoo file:

I have had this problem. I also had a hell of a time getting voodoo to work. What I did was format both sdcards under settings. Odin to Eugene JK2, install OCLF>under menu goto kernels>and under voodoolagfix/ hold down and force it. This flashed a beta 4 i9000 kernal with voodoo and then I heard Lynda talk. Then it bricks but it fixed whatever the problem was with voodoo not not working. Afterwards I Odin to JK2 again and CWM Nero, and Odin JK6 voodoo kernel. So now Im on Nero 1 w/voodoo. Bro I hope this helps.

I used OCLF 2.2.8 which is not on the market (simple google search will bring up the .apk)

It takes a while but I finally got Voodoo to work!

Last edited:

bstromberg

Dec 23, 2009
Sacramento
If coming from V2 does one need to disable voodoo? I know you should probably always disable before flashing, but since its cooked in I wanted to ask...possibly save a few minutes

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

epakrat75

Aug 11, 2010
Chicago
Do you mean the green clockwork recovery or do you mean clockwork recovery app that you access through drawer? i ask because i couldn't get voodoo to work on v2 for the life of me (no linda voice or red recovery)

Green Recovery = No Voodoo Options. Red Recovery = Available after Voodoo successfully installed.

There is no clockworkmod recovery in the app drawer, you're probably thinking of ROM Manager which can be used to flash Clockworkmod recovery onto your phone.

You can just leave it disabled if you decide you don't want to use it / can't figure it out.

Last edited:

benedict77

Dec 1, 2010
15 Minutes ago I just reflashed to NeroV2 + Voodoo + JL5...now V3 launched..

AMAZING..!!! Surely want to spend my time again to try this version run on my vibrant.

Two thumbs up for TW. Great work.

epakrat75

Aug 11, 2010
Chicago
Just a reminder. Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button where applicable instead. Let's try keep this thread more free of clutter. Mobile users can use a browser that shows the "Thanks" button instead of the currently limited XDA app if all they want to do is say Thanks, flashing now, I just flashed this, etc. :cool:

Hey Sombionix, sooo this is a rom? Riiiight?

LMAO! :D

Last edited:

anthonys2r

Jul 19, 2008
Green Recovery = No Voodoo Options. Red Recovery = Available after Voodoo successfully installed.

There is no clockworkmod recovery in the app drawer, you're probably thinking of ROM Manager which can be used to flash Clockworkmod recovery onto your phone.

You can just leave it disabled if you decide you don't want to use it / can't figure it out.

I deleted the disable-voodoo file and still get the blue recovery (which i click reinstall packages) which leads me to the green recovery screen.. any ideas?

OmniNut

Dec 15, 2010
Just flashed to Nero v3. Extremely fast as stated but I miss the nice transition pop-ups, where the menu bubbles kinda rotate and flip onto the screen. Maybe it's just me since it states that the Nexus S transition menus are included so.. who knows. Great rom anyways!

badbunny33

Nov 7, 2010
Wi-Fi calling?

Any chance of getting wi-fi calling added? No reception in my house otherwise...

Maybe I missed it in the current build listing.
Using Nero beta 2 still.
Very fast and solid.

TY for the great work!
Cheers!

BB

kevinngu

May 15, 2006
do you have the link for the front facing camera version of the camera app?

this is the only ting that your rom is missing for me :/

Last edited:

seojuhwan

Aug 15, 2010
I keep forgetting to say this: Why do all Nero ROMs come with OCLF that is Version 2.2.8, when 2.3.1 is available?

*Edit: Was this because the new version took out the ability to root?

winhwah

Jul 28, 2010
Boston
ahh so how would i go about to installing this on to my phone?

If you haven't flashed yet, just replaced the files located in the /system/app with these 2 files. It will over-write it.

If you already flashed then adb push command is the only way I see.

Anyone has other solution you're welcome to add on since I am not an expert in this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

NOTE: Be sure to disable any lagfix you are currently running before flashing this, especially voodoo!

Nero v3:
    - JL5 system files
    - JL5 kernel w/voodoo 5.0.4 (voodoo now disabled by default, to enable, read instructions below)
    - JL5 modem
    - 4 lock screen options (stock android, glass, fascinate, epic)
    - Disabled battery full notification
    - Reboot options added to power menu (reboot, reboot recovery, reboot download mode)
    - Nexus S microbes live wallpaper
    - Nexus S nexus live wallpaper
    - Nexus S car dock application
    - Nexus S Power Widget
    - Nexus S icons
    - Nexus S audio/notification files
    - Nexus S Launcher
    - Nexus S Wallpapers
    - Nexus S Genie Widget
    - Nexus S transition animations
    - Nexus S settings menu icons
    - Heavily modified frameworks (gingerbread)
    - Re-added transparent power widget
    - Re-added transparent google search widget
    - Re-added home desk app
    - Many fixed icons and framework-res images
    - New Market
    - New Titanium Backup
    - New Rom Manager
    - New Voice Search
    - New Maps
    - New YouTube
    - New Google Voice
    - New Gmail
    - AOSP mms
    - Added some new wallpaper
    - Settings now includes 'stay awake while charging' option (thanks Jocelyn)
    - Mms compose icon fixed (thanks Jocelyn)
    - Spare parts (allows for animation speed tweaks)
    - Mounting issues fixed
    - Phone number identification fixed
    - Init script edits for smoother UI
    - Custom boot animation
    - Custom shutdown sound (linda)
    - Very fast, fast, fast, and very stable....especially with voodoo!

Nero v3 TouchWiz Edition:
    - Includes every spec listed above, but.....
    - Removed gingerbread launcher and restored my modified TouchWiz launcher (modified launcher eliminates all drawer open/close lag)
    - Restores TouchWiz wallpaper chooser
    - Restores most twiz/samsung apps and widgets (buddies now, daily briefing, days, feeds and updates, program monitor)
    - Install procedure is the same as the Nero v3 gingerbread edition

UPDATE: 12/22/10 @ 12:49pm MST - Just updated rom files below to include the JL5 kernel w/updated voodoo 5.0.4 posted minutes ago. Fixes corrupted mbrs and device detection. Those of you who could not get your system to convert should be good to go now. :)

Rom Downloads:
    Nero v3 TouchWiz Edition w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)

Mirrors:

Extras:
    Don't forget to visit our team forum for TONS of additional addons and googies. Team Whiskey Forum!

Also, make sure you stop by jdanisevich's thread, Slightly Better Gingerbread, and look at all the awesome modifications he's done for Nero 3

Voodoo 5.0.4 Details:
    - Supports small/larger nand chips
    - Converts full system partition to ext4 (nexus s uses ext4 files system. theres a reason samsung dropped our crap rfs system...it sucks! ext4 is amazing)
    - Incredibly fast, solid, and stable. Much better than rfs or ext2 file system
    - Disable voodoo directly via clock work recovery

Installing Nero v3 w/voodoo 5.0.4:
    1. Place nero_3_voodoo.zip on internal sdcard
    2. Disable ANY and ALL other lagfixes (yes, this includes ext2 one click lagfix! You cannot run both)
    3. Reboot into clock work recovery via rom manager or manually
    4. Select 'install zip from sdcard'
    5. Select 'choose zip from sdcard'
    6. Select 'Nero_3_voodoo.zip'
    7. Select 'Yes - install Nero_3_voodoo.zip'
    8. Wait for installation to finish
    9. Reboot
    10. After full boot, wait roughly 10 minutes and reboot, this will smooth things out and eliminate any small bugs.
    11. Done!

Enable Voodoo:
    1. On your internal sdcard, you will find a voodoo folder containing a file called 'disable-lagfix'. This was pre-installed when you flashed. Find it.
    2. Delete the 'disable-lagfix' file from the voodoo folder.
    4. Select 'voodo lagfix'
    6. reboot
    7. You phone will now convert to a full ext4 file system, this will take about 4 minutes. Be patient!
    9. Phone will boot up and you're done!

Disable Voodoo:
    1. Reboot into clock work recovery via power menu options, terminal, or adb to get to the 'red' clockwork screen
    2. In CWR menu, select 'voodoo lagfix'
    3. Select 'disable lagfix'
    4. Select 'go back'
    5. Select 'reboot system now'
    6. Your file system will now be converted back to rfs. This will take about 2-4 minutes, be patient!
    7. Once your phone reboots, reboot back into clock work recovery and you may now flash anything of your choice
    Thanks for the bug reports everyone. Nero v4 begins now.
    So it looks like the difference between V3 and V2 is that V2 used the JL4 modem and V3 is using the JL5. How does this usually work? Does google release periodic updates to the source code and those are named something like JL4 or JFD? Is there a schedule or do they get released at any old time? Is there a road map for the different releases? And once Som gets his hands on it, then he incorporates the latest release with his latest release? Am I close, or is there something more to it?

Where can I find out more about these releases? What is the difference between JL4 and JL5?

Google has nothing to do with the Samsung firmware releases besides providing the code to the core operating system, in our case Android 2.2 code name Froyo.
    It is up to Samsung at this point to make the modification they see fit and provide driver support. Once it is cooked they are releasing the firmware (T959UVJL5 for instance).

T959 is the Samsung model number for Vibrant.
    UV provider code, UV = en,es,fr
    J year is 2010 (A is 2001, and so on)
    L month is December (A is January, and so on)
    5 is the release within this year/month (4 was a previous release).

Since we are running the leak firmwares there is no change log and source code, so it is hard to tell the differences b/w the releases, but usually the consequent release is a bug fix from previous, etc.
    4. Select 'voodo lagfix'
    6. reboot

EDIT: Found the solution! For those that cannot get Voodoo to work, even after deleting the disable-voodoo file:

I have had this problem. I also had a hell of a time getting voodoo to work. What I did was format both sdcards under settings. Odin to Eugene JK2, install OCLF>under menu goto kernels>and under voodoolagfix/ hold down and force it. This flashed a beta 4 i9000 kernal with voodoo and then I heard Lynda talk. Then it bricks but it fixed whatever the problem was with voodoo not not working. Afterwards I Odin to JK2 again and CWM Nero, and Odin JK6 voodoo kernel. So now Im on Nero 1 w/voodoo. Bro I hope this helps.

I used OCLF 2.2.8 which is not on the market (simple google search will bring up the .apk)

It takes a while but I finally got Voodoo to work!
    FYI: Just for fun, I made a Nero v3 TouchWiz edition for anyone that actually prefers touchwiz. I just posted it in the OP. Still retains everything from Nero 3, but remove gingerbread launcher, replaces with touchwiz, and restores several touchwiz/samsung apps and widgets.