CyanogenMod - SMS-Service Settings

Search This thread

Jubei-1

Jul 19, 2011
Hi,
I'm just wondering where I can change my Provider Settings for the SMS-Service in Cyanogen-Mod.

Thx
Jubei

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What exactly do you mean by "provider settings"? If you're reffering to the SMS center number of your operator, that can be changed by the hidden menu in the phone:

1. Open PHONE dialer (not working with some alternative dialers so that's why I've said to use the original Android dialer)
2. Dial (as a number): *#*#4636#*#*
3. Wait a sec till you got the hidden menu
4. Choose Phone Information
5. Scroll down to SMSC (SMS Center)
6. Either press Refresh or type in the SMS Center number from your operator, then press Update
7. Press "back" buton on your phone till you reach homescreen again

Note: Pressing Update without having something in that field, will efectively erase the actual stored number (if any). No SMS will be send in that case

Last edited:

khashaba

Feb 15, 2010
It is not working at all with me

Dear All,

I have just tried all those steps

when I write the smsc in the testing application and click update it is stored in a strange format like this Number,129 ... what ever i entered it in the pdu format or the 12 number format it is not working

I have tried to put my sim card in a simple nokia phone and it is working there but not on my galaxy tab

Please help

iLHaNroID

Apr 21, 2010
I was using my SGS (i9000 galaxymtd) just for media, internet, game etc purposes, in other words, not as a phone as i own a HOX, however, since i have dropped my HOX a couple of days ago and got a broken display, had to leave it for repair and came back to my SGS. Apart from the spontaneous reboot -on its own- issues which could be endured for a short period of time, but sms (?). I am trying to keep my SGS alive thanks to CM, and now i am really surprised (badly of course) how such an important, even one of the main parts of a mobilephone usage could be disregarded by CM. I have tried the solution adviced above, with no success; tapping on "update" button after entering smsc number turns "error", refresh button puts "00" (doubled zero) into that field, nothing else happens. Surprisingly i can receive sms, but sending is not possible. "Sms service center" should be somewhere in settings in sms application, or somewhere under network settings in general, but no, nowhere. Really annoying. Since i will not use CM as my daily driver, i do not really care actually, but just wondering; 1) is it only me who simply cannot find it, 2) how to fix it?

SGS Galaxy I9000 - Galaxymtd, Cyanogenmod version 10.1.3-RC1

Steebe

Sep 29, 2010
I was using my SGS (i9000 galaxymtd) just for media, internet, game etc purposes, in other words, not as a phone as i own a HOX, however, since i have dropped my HOX a couple of days ago and got a broken display, had to leave it for repair and came back to my SGS. Apart from the spontaneous reboot -on its own- issues which could be endured for a short period of time, but sms (?). I am trying to keep my SGS alive thanks to CM, and now i am really surprised (badly of course) how such an important, even one of the main parts of a mobilephone usage could be disregarded by CM. I have tried the solution adviced above, with no success; tapping on "update" button after entering smsc number turns "error", refresh button puts "00" (doubled zero) into that field, nothing else happens. Surprisingly i can receive sms, but sending is not possible. "Sms service center" should be somewhere in settings in sms application, or somewhere under network settings in general, but no, nowhere. Really annoying. Since i will not use CM as my daily driver, i do not really care actually, but just wondering; 1) is it only me who simply cannot find it, 2) how to fix it?

SGS Galaxy I9000 - Galaxymtd, Cyanogenmod version 10.1.3-RC1

Same problem - Same phone SGS Galaxy I9000 Cyanogenmod ver. 10.2.1 / android 4.3.1

Last edited:

nobile01

Jan 20, 2015
Same problem - Same phone SGS Galaxy I9000 Cyanogenmod ver. 10.2.1 / android 4.3.1

I have a OnePlus One A0001 CyanogenMod version 11.0-XNPH44S Android version 4.4.4, and have that exact same problem. I've tried with 4 different text-messaging apps, did the Testing hidden menu thing (no error after doing Update, it just did nothing), and still if my phone is not online (either wifi or data), it will not send (or receive for me) any SMS.

antohario

Dec 15, 2015
Jakarta
hy guys, actually i just lost these setting can you tell me how to revert it back without reflashing rom? *#*#4636#*#* i cant use that too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What exactly do you mean by "provider settings"? If you're reffering to the SMS center number of your operator, that can be changed by the hidden menu in the phone:

1. Open PHONE dialer (not working with some alternative dialers so that's why I've said to use the original Android dialer)
    2. Dial (as a number): *#*#4636#*#*
    3. Wait a sec till you got the hidden menu
    4. Choose Phone Information
    5. Scroll down to SMSC (SMS Center)
    6. Either press Refresh or type in the SMS Center number from your operator, then press Update
    7. Press "back" buton on your phone till you reach homescreen again

Note: Pressing Update without having something in that field, will efectively erase the actual stored number (if any). No SMS will be send in that case