FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Night Mode (Dolphin Browser) addon! It's too dim / grey, let's fix it!

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By timpster, Junior Member on 7th June 2014, 09:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Alright, so this is my first post here, but I'm a LONG time visitor, found you all in the Zune days, with a 30 GB model that I guess had a hard drive crash and doesn't work anymore.

I love dolphin browser because of the text reflow - it works great, and text sizes are GREAT AND BIG! Something I really need and like.

I want to talk about the "Night" mode addon, as it's just not quite a good setup, too washed out and grey.
I found a program called "APK editor" in the play store, not sure how usable it is, but it DID open up the apk because I had it installed so that was SUPER easy.

I don't know WTF i'm doing when editing this file, and every time I press 'save' it force closes.

I was hoping to make the background pure black (I have a Galaxy Note III, so .... any other color than black is... well haha not as black, thanks AMOLED)
I also want to make text color red. Would you all be able to look at the APK, maybe try some changes, and help me?

I've tried changing a thing or two, but since NO VALUE is 000000 it's hard to understand what the meaning of each one is.

I find it quite straining to the eyes because of the low contrast (similar appearance) of light grey (or some dim white) and dark grey, and dark blue. It looks a bit faded. I'm sure we could easily fix it though.

Thanks,

Tim

8th June 2014, 10:33 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
This is a bump....
Hope to see a few replies next week!
9th June 2014, 04:58 AM |#3  
Flag Bacoor

More
9th June 2014, 05:20 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobern

Sorry to be rude, but really I guess thanks for bumping the thread, sadly it's still on page three before I post this.
I do have a question, have you used the Dolphin Browser / night mode addon?
If you do, you'll see it could be improved, and I hope you can keep bumping the thread randomly.

Have a great day!
10th June 2014, 02:33 AM |#5  
Flag Bacoor

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpster

Sorry to be rude, but really I guess thanks for bumping the thread, sadly it's still on page three before I post this.
I do have a question, have you used the Dolphin Browser / night mode addon?
If you do, you'll see it could be improved, and I hope you can keep bumping the thread randomly.

Have a great day!

yes.. im a dolphin browser user before but i switched to UCbrowser now.. uhmm.. its more faster than dolphin i think... ill try to find some thread regarding the night mode in browsers.. i think you can modify it if you know how to edit some codes... i saw someone edit their browsers like the Opera... the brightness, background, etc.. haha

ahh.. about the night mode.. i dont frequently use it but i salute you for noticing it.. nice man!
10th June 2014, 06:23 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobern

yes.. im a dolphin browser user before but i switched to UCbrowser now.. uhmm.. its more faster than dolphin i think... ill try to find some thread regarding the night mode in browsers.. i think you can modify it if you know how to edit some codes... i saw someone edit their browsers like the Opera... the brightness, background, etc.. haha

ahh.. about the night mode.. i dont frequently use it but i salute you for noticing it.. nice man!

What I really want is just a black background, and red text -- red interferes the least with sleep compared to yellow, green, and blue is the most disruptive. In fact green has only 50% the effect of blue to disrupt sleep.

I actually just want f.lux Darkroom mode for my phone, but android doesn't have any color management yet.
14th June 2014, 12:19 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpster

What I really want is just a black background, and red text -- red interferes the least with sleep compared to yellow, green, and blue is the most disruptive. In fact green has only 50% the effect of blue to disrupt sleep.

I actually just want f.lux Darkroom mode for my phone, but android doesn't have any color management yet.

Well in about 3 days, this thread is at the 14th page of QandA, so... time for a bump

Also if you don't use f.lux go download it right now, and STICK WITH IT, for at least TWO WEEKS, (or at least 7 nights) so you can say you really did try to get used to it -- not "oh yeah I tried it last night and hated it" -- that's not trying, that's just using it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)