FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Should I Continue Maintaining xKernel for Ray, What Say You?

No. You done enough
 
18 Vote(s)
6.02%
Yes you should
 
276 Vote(s)
92.31%
Not necessary
 
11 Vote(s)
3.68%

[xKERNEL|ICS&JB|27/11] xKernel v9.587-D | another version that not released

1,640 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
By sirkay, Senior Member on 13th March 2012, 10:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2012, 08:53 PM |#121  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdoctor

I knew it long ago that Sirkay will be our last hope...

Hmm yeah unfortunately your revelation come true what I don't understand is, even without actual hardware in their hands, why do they not want to generate at least untested kernel for us? The source is one package on Sony dev, only separated by different defconfig while compiling.. But yet so hard to request about it..

sent from my white ray using XDA App
23rd March 2012, 03:40 AM |#122  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Well, have you followed Sony's own tutorial at dev site?

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2...-linux-kernel/

damn .. tried using Sony's tutor but no succes. their tutor like they assume there's will be no error when compile. too simple. need more guide and will try look at error in output.. gggrrrrr


EDIT: kernel TouchRec without autoroot uploaded. check first post. need someone to confirm that its work
23rd March 2012, 04:10 AM |#123  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 4,184
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

damn .. tried using Sony's tutor but no succes. their tutor like they assume there's will be no error when compile. too simple. need more guide and will try look at error in output.. gggrrrrr


EDIT: kernel TouchRec without autoroot uploaded. check first post. need someone to confirm that its work

Do something... The whole Ray community is relying on you.... . Take your time...


btw... How do i check new kernel? Uninstall superuser or just flash? Never gave me any probs though...apart from titanium backup asking for a fix on fresh install and then no errors thereafter....
23rd March 2012, 06:12 AM |#124  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdoctor

Do something... The whole Ray community is relying on you.... . Take your time...


btw... How do i check new kernel? Uninstall superuser or just flash? Never gave me any probs though...apart from titanium backup asking for a fix on fresh install and then no errors thereafter....

same with me, never had superuser issue, (tho am the very first guy to test kernel ) .. just once, when i try install busybox using installer from market

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
23rd March 2012, 06:41 AM |#125  
slasherzx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zamboanga City
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Your updated kernel says that it is not rooted would that make my tom toolbox and. Some of. My apps that would required to be rooted not work. Right?
I want to try your new kernel once it has the touch capabilities and fps. Limit removed.
23rd March 2012, 07:14 AM |#126  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherzx

Your updated kernel says that it is not rooted would that make my tom toolbox and. Some of. My apps that would required to be rooted not work. Right?
I want to try your new kernel once it has the touch capabilities and fps. Limit removed.

which did you used? just update link w/ autoroot removed an hour ago

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
23rd March 2012, 07:27 AM |#127  
slasherzx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zamboanga City
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

which did you used? just update link w/ autoroot removed an hour ago

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

I have not used your latest kernel mod since it is described as not rooted.. The second post with doomlord kernel is the one I'm currently using atm.. I really want to try your latest kernel Btw.
23rd March 2012, 08:03 AM |#128  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

damn .. tried using Sony's tutor but no succes. their tutor like they assume there's will be no error when compile. too simple. need more guide and will try look at error in output.. gggrrrrr


EDIT: kernel TouchRec without autoroot uploaded. check first post. need someone to confirm that its work

Umm will this one help? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1039854

Wishing that i have knowledge about Linux.. Sigh.
23rd March 2012, 08:51 AM |#129  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Umm will this one help? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1039854

Wishing that i have knowledge about Linux.. Sigh.

yeah .. probably coz he got extra command while make kernel. will see bout that. have downloaded new cross-compiler lite to test out tonight. phewwww

i guess Taverius has linux knowledge too. *pokes Taverius* help me!
23rd March 2012, 11:02 AM |#130  
Taverius's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rapallo
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Be more specific and I'll try, but while I used to be a package maintainer/developer for a major distribution, I haven't touched linux except insofar as android is one in roughly 8 years
23rd March 2012, 12:07 PM |#131  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taverius

Be more specific and I'll try, but while I used to be a package maintainer/developer for a major distribution, I haven't touched linux except insofar as android is one in roughly 8 years

can you try compile ray kernel from source? if success, i will give u freq table to add in acpuclock.c, and compile again.

same here! have partitioned my lappy ubuntu/win7 but barely used it. since have interest to extract kernel, i boot it up after 2years. how funny is that. got notify 500+ available for updates lol

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ray, ray kernel, sirkay, urushi, xperia ray

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes