By flappjaxxx, Senior Member on 14th March 2012, 06:55 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
8th May 2012, 12:31 PM |#21  
Flag Hollywood Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XandroidX

I hoping you mean Netflix 1.7.1 the latest version...
Sent from my EVO 3D

you're right! I was looking @ a older version I had on my fone.
11th May 2012, 02:33 AM |#22  
Flag Hollywood Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 270

More
I PM'd the OP concerning the netflix update, I also asked about a portrait mode for instagram. Looks like we won't be getting one. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx

Sorry too many other commitments at this point. The netflix that is there is perfectly functional and not interested in Instagram. Sorry about that.

11th May 2012, 06:38 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,434

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarroyo

I PM'd the OP concerning the netflix update, I also asked about a portrait mode for instagram. Looks like we won't be getting one. . .

If I have time I will look at 1.7.1 problem is the last time I tried to decompile it, it kept throwing up tons of errors and would not decompile.I will do my best. Juggling a lot of different things right now so I just can't take on too much. I don't use instagram and it crashes on the current ROM I am using so it is impossible for me to test it properly. A far as I know the only difference between 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 is volume control ui. So 1.7.1 really isn't even close to a major upgrade.

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
22nd May 2012, 08:49 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

If I have time I will look at 1.7.1 problem is the last time I tried to decompile it, it kept throwing up tons of errors and would not decompile.I will do my best. Juggling a lot of different things right now so I just can't take on too much. I don't use instagram and it crashes on the current ROM I am using so it is impossible for me to test it properly. A far as I know the only difference between 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 is volume control ui. So 1.7.1 really isn't even close to a major upgrade.

Looks like 1.8.0 is now the latest version anyway and it apparently has some actual playback improvements as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to nl3142 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nl3142 Ad-Free
24th May 2012, 02:31 AM |#25  
Flag San Marcos Ca
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I do notice that 1.8 works much more smoothly now, it doesn't freeze like before.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
24th May 2012, 05:30 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 759

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have also had problems decompiling the latest Netflix version. Have you discovered the problem? Does it have something to do with new API levels of ICS? I cannot tell. I have updated everything thus far, yet I get errors from all available tools - APKTool APKEdit, etc.
24th May 2012, 05:41 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblfstr

I have also had problems decompiling the latest Netflix version. Have you discovered the problem? Does it have something to do with new API levels of ICS? I cannot tell. I have updated everything thus far, yet I get errors from all available tools - APKTool APKEdit, etc.

I've tried decompiling it against different frameworks from different devices and Android versions and just keeps puking up errors. Even have my own set of tools I wrote and compiled for Linux that will decompile just about everything you throw at it ICS or GB, except Netflix v1.7.1

Edit:
I haven't tried 1.8 yet but I suspect it will be the same

24th May 2012, 06:12 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, FL

More
Quote:

Just got 1.8 to decompile!!! Woohoo! will report back shortly!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
24th May 2012, 06:54 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, FL

More
Version 1.8 is Alive!
Version 1.8 with Black Splash Screens and Full Rotation mod added to the First Post!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
5th June 2012, 07:28 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 759

Donate to Me
More
Any luck on figuring out the update check issue?

Soon, I will have another HD2 with which I can restart testing/modding. All of my projects have fallen flat since my phone died. Hopefully I can pickup where I left off.
5th June 2012, 11:08 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, FL

More
Quote:

Any luck on figuring out the update check issue?

Soon, I will have another HD2 with which I can restart testing/modding. All of my projects have fallen flat since my phone died. Hopefully I can pickup where I left off.

I did it the same way in 1.7 and 1.8 and never got a single update notification. Also shows running the latest in the market.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread