FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Nook HD/HD+] EMMC CM11 install - updated 11/29

1,305 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,652
 
By verygreen, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2014, 05:50 PM |#401  
OP Senior Member
TN
Thanks Meter: 2,652
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubamuirum

I tried 01/17 today - flashed over 01/10 after wiping cache.
I got the flashing screen issue which I had not seen before, and had wi-fi issues back again, which had been better for me since 01/10. I was able to fix the flashing by enabling 16bit transparency (thanks, youngunn2008!), but something was clearly less stable. Fortunately I had backed-up

Hm, given this and some similar reports and based on what I have seen recently in my tiler experiments - do you guy that have flashing screen issue can describe it in more details?
Is it like blacking out from time to time? remains mostly blank?
Do you have unusually large background image installed or some such? Many-many home screens?
 
 
17th January 2014, 06:01 PM |#402  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Flashing issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen

Hm, given this and some similar reports and based on what I have seen recently in my tiler experiments - do you guy that have flashing screen issue can describe it in more details?
Is it like blacking out from time to time? remains mostly blank?
Do you have unusually large background image installed or some such? Many-many home screens?


It is a flickering to black and back very quick and happens repeatedly when I navigate to, say, apps page or file explorer. The flicker is very quick, so the proper screen is there most of the time. I am using Nova launcher, only one homescreen, really simple: a few shortcuts and cLock. I have a plain .jpg wallpaper. The wallpaper is whatever size was recommended for Nook HD+ (there was some confusion as to the correct size) but there is no flicker on the homescreen.

Update - reverting to 01/10 has NOT cleared the flashing screen issue after all - it's back again, so I have re-enabled 16bit transparency for now...
The Following User Says Thank You to tubamuirum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tubamuirum Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 06:17 PM |#403  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr0idfreak

This is a 4.4 bug.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62378

And Google says it's supposed to be like that

There is a link to CM at the bottom of that thread that is related to this issue:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56054/
Maybe the workaround can be cherrypicked for the unofficial builds?

This bovine feces.
17th January 2014, 07:20 PM |#404  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Does anyone know why gapps refuses to install? I flash it with no problems, but when it reboots into CM there are no apps. I installed the 4.4.x 1-17 version linked. I have tried going through the whole process again, and still does seem to work.
17th January 2014, 07:33 PM |#405  
Junior Member
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubamuirum

It is a flickering to black and back very quick and happens repeatedly when I navigate to, say, apps page or file explorer. The flicker is very quick, so the proper screen is there most of the time. I am using Nova launcher, only one homescreen, really simple: a few shortcuts and cLock. I have a plain .jpg wallpaper. The wallpaper is whatever size was recommended for Nook HD+ (there was some confusion as to the correct size) but there is no flicker on the homescreen.

Update - reverting to 01/10 has NOT cleared the flashing screen issue after all - it's back again, so I have re-enabled 16bit transparency for now...

I have the exactly same issue. It happens with apps. Not on the homescreen.
Nova Launcher + Single homescreen + jpg wallpaper.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanysto

Does anyone know why gapps refuses to install? I flash it with no problems, but when it reboots into CM there are no apps. I installed the 4.4.x 1-17 version linked. I have tried going through the whole process again, and still does seem to work.

Have you tried PA gapps from here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
I installed the "GOOGLE STOCK PACKAGE" and no problem at all!!
17th January 2014, 07:40 PM |#406  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by js365

I have the exactly same issue. It happens with apps. Not on the homescreen.
Nova Launcher + Single homescreen + jpg wallpaper.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------



Have to try PA gapps from here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
I installed the "GOOGLE STOCK PACKAGE" and no problem at all!!

That is where I got it from. I tried the mini one first, and I just tried the stock one, and it is not working either.
17th January 2014, 08:02 PM |#407  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 390
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaber

Hi,

upgraded from cm10.2 today.
everything works fine except for video playback h264.
i tried mx player with custom codec for arm7 neo and bs player.
on cm10.2 it worked with h/w+ decoding on cm11 mx comes up with an error "can't play that with h/w+;h/w"
is this a known problem? is there anysolution for this?

The answer might be here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...yer#post491448. I know little about these things but it seems there is a custom codec and maybe it can work in the Nook.
17th January 2014, 08:58 PM |#408  
FirePsych's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roswell, GA
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanysto

Does anyone know why gapps refuses to install? I flash it with no problems, but when it reboots into CM there are no apps. I installed the 4.4.x 1-17 version linked. I have tried going through the whole process again, and still does seem to work.

What recovery are you using?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 09:06 PM |#409  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePsych

What recovery are you using?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I was using the one linked in the first post of this thread(recovery ovation 6) . I got it to work, by re-flashing everything like 5 times. Finally everything is working now.
17th January 2014, 09:34 PM |#410  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Sd non Emmc install on 64 gig sandisk
since yester when I was able to install to EXT. SD card version I have to say that my nook+ feels like I just went out and purchased it with kit kat on it.
Verygreen you nailed this one ,Great work
thank you .

also tried Antutu benchmark from same tablet
says
Stock OS 4.0.4- @12716
Verygreen-cm11- 4.4X @ 12725
17th January 2014, 10:02 PM |#411  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen

Hm, given this and some similar reports and based on what I have seen recently in my tiler experiments - do you guy that have flashing screen issue can describe it in more details?
Is it like blacking out from time to time? remains mostly blank?
Do you have unusually large background image installed or some such? Many-many home screens?

The best way to describe it is that the screen appears to cut out and go blank for a split second before showing up again. Sometimes it would blank out once. Other times it would blank out and repeat a few times in succession, hence the flickering description. I don't think the screen goes black but actually turns off for an instant before turning back on. It doesn't seem to be app specific. It occurred in several apps I use. Home screen is a single page.

I think it only happens when I flash a new build after wiping data and cache. As mentioned, the problem goes away after a few hours or a single day of use. Right now, I haven't had any issues since I first installed cm11 a week or so ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes