By verygreen, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2014, 10:48 AM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hard reset before update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann F

Do you think a clean install would be worth a try?

I hard-reset before I installed 01/18, having been on 01/10 (which was ok) & 01/17 (which gave problems) - so far, wi-fi behaves well and no screen flashing issues... touch wood.

20th January 2014, 01:36 PM |#482  
Flag Weymouth
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanSpatschek

So if it's not the gfx driver, what is the culprit? unfortunately I don't know much about developing, so I can't help ...

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4

Clean install did not help me.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app
20th January 2014, 02:40 PM |#483  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I updated to the 1-19 nightly for the HD yesterday and was extremely happy to see that the local user profile image was restored to the "User switcher" tile in the notification drawer. I know it's just a GUI thing, but I really didn't like having my Google+ avatar in there. So thanks for that!

I just got my first spontaneous reboot ever (on any ROM) yesterday while granting superuser privileges to Battery Doctor to prevent autostart for some apps. But I haven't had any since. Also, on one of the nightlies a few days ago, wi-fi once reconnected after sleep to a neighbor's network, instead of mine. But that hasn't been repeated since then. Other than those 2 minor things, performance with CM 11 has been rock solid and stable.

There is one thing -- Battery drain seems to be slightly higher with CM 11 than on stock, but only while in actual use. While sleeping, it's actually a little better, getting 0-1% battery drain overnight.
20th January 2014, 03:07 PM |#484  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbandos

After the second reboot with 18/1 unofficial, the network wasn't forgotten. Did wpa configuration format or location change?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Forget it, the wifi is still losing the configuration after each reboot. It is almost like wpa_supplicant wasn't opening the conf file.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
20th January 2014, 07:18 PM |#485  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Installed 1/19 nightly last night. Wifi was logged out when i turned it on from sleep. Toggling wifi didnt fix it, had to manually reconnect
21st January 2014, 01:26 AM |#486  
Columbus
Thanks Meter: 72

More
That's so weird. I've never had any issues with Wi-Fi on CM11 so far. Including the 01-19 official build. It just jumps right in with access whenever I need it. No need to reset anything. I have the 'Wi-Fi on during sleep' set to only when plugged in. And whether it's plugged in or not, it never has a problem connecting.

Sent from my Nook HD+ with unofficial Carbon on emmc using Tapatalk 4
21st January 2014, 03:30 AM |#487  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
1/18 build is very smooth. One issue with 1080p video playback. I used to be able to record 1080p video using camcorder onto a MicroSD card, and then plug the card into Nook HD+ and play back using VPlayer with HW decoder enabled. This worked beautifully with the Stock ROM. In 1/18 Vplayer can only play with HW decoder disabled and the video will stutter. It crashes if enabled.
21st January 2014, 05:50 AM |#488  
Deleted -- read the comment wrong.

Nothing to see here ... move along.
21st January 2014, 07:14 AM |#489  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeutonJon78

How are you recording 1080p on a device that doesn't have a camera?

He's not, read it again.
21st January 2014, 05:51 PM |#490  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chn110

1/18 build is very smooth. One issue with 1080p video playback. I used to be able to record 1080p video using camcorder onto a MicroSD card, and then plug the card into Nook HD+ and play back using VPlayer with HW decoder enabled. This worked beautifully with the Stock ROM. In 1/18 Vplayer can only play with HW decoder disabled and the video will stutter. It crashes if enabled.

I've also had issue with 1080p anime. It plays but way too much stutter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 06:23 PM |#491  
Flag Waidhofen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Has anyone tested the 1/21 Nightly? Any random reboots or black screen flickering issues?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)