Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2014, 10:46 PM |#601  
Flag Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 147

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeremyWhite

I was just thinking that my first Dup backup took 3 or 4 times longer than the regular tar backup. Maybe look in your backup folder to see if your backups have a .dup file extension. You might already be using it? Just a thought anyway.

Edit from earlier: Blobs ARE your backed up files and the backup is the directory. You can safely delete or restore any backup (well, make sure you keep atleast one lol), but like I said earlier DO NOT DELETE BLOBS!

Set it up to do a Dup backup & it took over 2 hours and I looked and did not see any Blobs and it appears as if it just did a full backup again.
Takes way to long for me, I might just hang on to the backup that I did and make sure everything else is backed up with Titanium Backup.
I always like to do a backup before trying out a new nightly build, but with backups taking that long think I will pass.

Thanks a lot for the replys
Mark

28th January 2014, 11:34 PM |#602  
Retired Forum Moderator
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr72

FWIW, the crashes are most frequently when waking the device (pretty much every time), and I get "Unfortunately, Google Sound Search for Google Music has stopped" and "Unfortunately, Google Voice has stopped". Occasionally I also get the same message for other Google apps including Google Play Store. Sometimes I also get "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped". Less occasionally, but still sometimes, I get these crashes not only when I am waking the device, but during use (ordinarily reading books in Moon+ Reader).

The kicker is this is using ART, which otherwise works great. I have done a little web searching on this topic since it's a constant annoyance and it appears to be a known or expected incompatibility between gapps and ART, reported elsewhere and discussed here on xda-developers but for different hardware and CM11.

I hear there is a ART-friendly version of gapps out there somewhere. Maybe the solution to the problem is found in that version of gapps.

Anyone have a pointer for this? Can someone direct me to the ART-friendly version of gapps? And if so, I suggest that it would be an awesome idea to add such a link to the OP.

That is typically an error you get with a version of gaaps that is not ART compatible(although I'm not familiar with Moon+Reader)
PA's version of gaaps is compatible, I got my version from succulants site (http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2013/...-xx-20dec2013/)
29th January 2014, 12:07 AM |#603  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
You have to flick an icon upwards to remove it in launcher3.
29th January 2014, 12:09 AM |#604  
Flag Surrey, BC
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozer854

Set it up to do a Dup backup & it took over 2 hours and I looked and did not see any Blobs and it appears as if it just did a full backup again.
Takes way to long for me, I might just hang on to the backup that I did and make sure everything else is backed up with Titanium Backup.
I always like to do a backup before trying out a new nightly build, but with backups taking that long think I will pass.

Mark

The next backup will only take about 5 minutes because its only backs up what has changed next time. are the file extensions on your back up .dup now? If they are try doing another backup and you'll see how fast it is

Sent from my Atrix HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th January 2014, 01:05 AM |#605  
Flag Waidhofen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:

Mark

Same here, changed to dup, but after backup I don't have blobs in my backup folder and it also took quite long.
29th January 2014, 01:36 AM |#606  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Do the CM nightlies have all the necessary proprietary files for the HD+? Or is it best to wait for Verygreen to release an "unofficial" version like his last update on 01/18? Thanks.
29th January 2014, 01:38 AM |#607  
Flag Waidhofen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdejong2012

Do the CM nightlies have all the necessary proprietary files for the HD+? Or is it best to wait for Verygreen to release an "unofficial" version like his last update on 01/18? Thanks.

Well, latest Nightlies have strange bugs, e.g. screen off bugs, etc.
So I would rather wait.
29th January 2014, 01:48 AM |#608  
Flag Over The Rainbow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The next backup will only take about 5 minutes because its only backs up what has changed next time. are the file extensions on your back up .dup now? If they are try doing another backup and you'll see how fast it is

Sent from my Atrix HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am not seeing any file extensions of .dup, just looks like regular file extensions from a full backup. hmm for some odd reason it isn't working right or something. I changed it to default dedupe and it takes as long or longer to run through the backup.
As I watch what it is doing the backup of system gets done very fast, but when it backs up data it takes a very long time to finish.
29th January 2014, 02:15 AM |#609  
Flag Surrey, BC
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

I am not seeing any file extensions of .dup, just looks like regular file extensions from a full backup. hmm for some odd reason it isn't working right or something. I changed it to default dedupe and it takes as long or longer to run through the backup.
As I watch what it is doing the backup of system gets done very fast, but when it backs up data it takes a very long time to finish.

And did it say freeing backup space or something like that? Dup definitely has the .dup extention, so idk what's going on there. And, in the ClockworkMod folder there should be that blobs folder with about 4000 items in it. Very strange, well, I'm all out of suggestions. I wish you luck in finding a solution to your slow backups.
29th January 2014, 02:17 AM |#610  
Flag Over The Rainbow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

And did it say freeing backup space or something like that? Dup definitely has the .dup extention, so idk what's going on there. And, in the ClockworkMod folder there should be that blobs folder with about 4000 items in it. Very strange, well, I'm all out of suggestions. I wish you luck in finding a solution to your slow backups.

No didn't say anything like that.
Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.
Mark

Sent from my BN Nook HD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to snoozer854 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snoozer854 Ad-Free
29th January 2014, 03:07 AM |#611  
Flag Olympia Washington
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I resolved my screen flicker issues on CM11 nightly when plugged by utilizing CPU adjuster and creating a profile when I am plugged in to switch governor to performance. Screen flicker is gone. To keep my nook from potentially overheating on the charger, I created a second profile setting the governor to powersave. No issues, all smooth. YMMV
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ware.cputweaks

Sent from my Android powered coffee coaster.
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepingturtle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sleepingturtle Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)