[ROM][I8150]PARANOIDANDROID Ecstacy[RC 3][ICS 4.0.4][HYBRID][STABLE]UPDATE[17/10/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Doomsday94

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2012
Disclaimer: PARANOID IS NOT PROVIDED WITH ANY GUARANTEE.

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news?, click here, and visit our webpage!​

paranoid_impressions.png

Hey folks,this is my first offering to the galaxy w community. Everyone knows about paranoidandroid roms. So,i don't have to speak much about them. :)

Installation Instructions:

NOTE: **VERY IMPORTANT**

[*] PLEASE DO A FULL WIPE DATA,WIPE CACHE,FORMAT SYSTEM AND WIPE DALVIK CACHE BEFORE UPGRADING TO RC 2.
[*]EVEN IF YOU ARE ON PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF PARANOID,DO A FULL WIPE BECAUSE THIS IS FULLY SOURCE COMPILED.

Hidden Features :
  • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
  • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
Code:
source:

[url]https://github.com/doomsday94[/url]

Bugs:
  • similar to ivendor's or arco's cm9. (if they have any) :p

Happy flashing.

IF COMING FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF PARANOIDANDROID OR ANY OTHER ROM,YOU WILL HAVE TO DO A FULL WIPE,BECAUSE THIS VERSION IS NOT A PORT ANYMORE,ITS BUILT FROM SOURCES.

Credits:

arco68 for providing cm9 base and kernel for the galaxy w.
molesarecoming (paranoidandroid creator)
D4rKn3sSyS. (paranoidandroid creator)
xylograph.
oisis and texten for providing help whenever needed.
mirred for camera fixes

video (thanks to rolred17) :

screenshots:

JeSQU.png

ax4MM.png

hF8Ng.png

fY3zX.png

hQGTw.png

l41IS.png

onvmm.png

Last edited:

Doomsday94

Jun 8, 2012
Code:
changelog RC 3:

synced with the latest pa sources
merged all latest changes from arco
backported paranoid preferences.apk to allow expanded desktop
removed build.prop changes
updated trebuchet
using prebuilt beta 2 kernel

changelog RC 2 :

merged updates from beta 1
fixed full camera. (credits ivendor)
built from sources
much more optimized.

changelog v 1.8a:

base updated to cm9 alpha 8.
using stock arco's cm9 kernel.
signal bar glitch fixed.
reboot option fixed.
added paranoid wallpapers.
added new live wallpaper. (it is quite heavy so first go to launcher settings>homescreen. then untick scroll wallpaper. then use the live wallpaper.

changelog  v 1.7c:

deep sleep works.
settings>about phone doesn't force close.
cm9 base updated to alpha build 7
camera works with minor limitations.

changelog v 1.7a-

external sd now mounts like it does in cm9.
latest camera fix included.
some changes made to framework,to make rom feel smoother.
front camera works and other fixes. (thanks to ivendor,mirred,oisis,etc)
themes now working.
merged libs with galaxy s plus.
trebuchet reworked.

Last edited:

Karmalot

May 21, 2012
Im from stock gb rom, does it mean I have to flash hybrid gapps after flashing the rom?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Doomsday94

Jun 8, 2012
YES of course I read all the instructions, change the DPI and I ever trying to port your ROM since few days ago, and it gave me same problem with this.

ok,mybad. what exactly is the error? can you open the dialer? does the phone crash when trying to make a call? logcat please. anyone else confirm same error.

hotheabilly

May 24, 2012
padang
ok,mybad. what exactly is the error? can you open the dialer? does the phone crash when trying to make a call? logcat please. anyone else confirm same error.

it seems the signal don't show up, no service at all. it crash every single time because I thought the error related to signal coverage/signal searching

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Can u port this to the Samsung galaxy exhibit 4g t679 thanx

♚SGΣ4G V6'DG+ΩΠΣ♚
™SωΔGG GΔΠGG©

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: PARANOID IS NOT PROVIDED WITH ANY GUARANTEE.

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news?, click here, and visit our webpage!​

paranoid_impressions.png

Hey folks,this is my first offering to the galaxy w community. Everyone knows about paranoidandroid roms. So,i don't have to speak much about them. :)

Installation Instructions:

NOTE: **VERY IMPORTANT**

[*] PLEASE DO A FULL WIPE DATA,WIPE CACHE,FORMAT SYSTEM AND WIPE DALVIK CACHE BEFORE UPGRADING TO RC 2.
    [*]EVEN IF YOU ARE ON PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF PARANOID,DO A FULL WIPE BECAUSE THIS IS FULLY SOURCE COMPILED.

Hidden Features :
    • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
    Code:
    source:

[url]https://github.com/doomsday94[/url]

Bugs:
    • similar to ivendor's or arco's cm9. (if they have any) :p

Happy flashing.

IF COMING FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF PARANOIDANDROID OR ANY OTHER ROM,YOU WILL HAVE TO DO A FULL WIPE,BECAUSE THIS VERSION IS NOT A PORT ANYMORE,ITS BUILT FROM SOURCES.

Credits:

arco68 for providing cm9 base and kernel for the galaxy w.
    molesarecoming (paranoidandroid creator)
    D4rKn3sSyS. (paranoidandroid creator)
    xylograph.
    oisis and texten for providing help whenever needed.
    mirred for camera fixes

video (thanks to rolred17) :

screenshots:

JeSQU.png

ax4MM.png

hF8Ng.png

fY3zX.png

hQGTw.png

l41IS.png

onvmm.png
    i would have done cm10 for your device,you guys could have asked for it earlier. the s plus community asked for it. but for now,i won't be coming to xda so often because of my nearing exams. i though someone was trying to build cm10 for this device,if i'm not wrong,i think it was bangprovn. but you guys,need not worry, you have the almighty arco68. if he wishes to,he could build cm10 for your device. although don't push him (i know you guys won't) . but,if you guys,don't get cm10 even after 6 months (my preparation for my class 12 exams),then i swear i will build it for your device. till then enjoy the awesome cm9 and all its custom roms. i will try to keep paranoid updated. because building it from sources is very easy.

also, i have a request,can i get my thanks meter pumped up past the 1000 mark? you guys know how to do it. :laugh: cheers
    hey guys,sorry for my long absence from this forum. i'm still here. just busy with exams. ics paranoid upgrade coming soon and also the release of doomnexus for galaxy w. don't ask for etas. i'm very busy right now. just know,that update will come soon. cheers. :)
    closing thread. thank you so much guys for the support you have shown to me. i will be coming backto this forum as soon as i can,with a new surprise. :)
    RC 2 released. built fully from sources, using arco's device and vendor repositories. enjoy. and don't worry,i will always keep paranoid updated. no matter how busy i am. :)