[TUT] Debrand Sprint hTC 10, flash any RUU, any firmware then unlock simcard

Search This thread

Ryan Long

Sep 10, 2016
After figured out how to flash any firmware without change the radio, now I'm going further to flash any RUU into my Sprint hTC 10. Not really Debrand but still promising
Before we start, please read my old TUT for more experience: http://xdaforums.com/sprint-htc-10/how-to/tut-flash-firmware-sprint-htc-one-t3458721

Now we start. As everyone already know, the only reason we can't flash any RUU because It'll lock your sim card and your imei and we all know the method to debrand any hTC one or ever other version of hTC 10. That's why I am going to do the same method.
1/ S-off, Change CID, MID (Super CID if you want)
2/ Download RUU that match your MID
3/ Download the Sprint radio here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3JWmvvPdlHZYUdGVUVraGZsZmc
4/ Flash radio
5/ Check Radio version. It must be 1.0.C010081@60415.2
Ok, now U can use your hTC 10 with working radio. For someone isn't using sprint simcard, Unlock the simcard using this following method:
6/ download any Sprint carrier supported rom like Viper, Leedroid, etc
7/ TWRP
8/ Choose carrier as Sprint inside Aroma, flash it
9/ Unlock sim card following this TUT http://xdaforums.com/sprint-one-m9/general/nv-unlock-sim-t3314755

Last edited:

fello781

Oct 23, 2016
After figured out how to flash any firmware without change the radio, now I'm going further to flash any RUU into my Sprint hTC 10. Not really Debrand but still promising
Before we start, please read my old TUT for more experience: http://xdaforums.com/sprint-htc-10/how-to/tut-flash-firmware-sprint-htc-one-t3458721

Now we start. As everyone already know, the only reason we can't flash any RUU because It'll lock your sim card and your imei and we all know the method to debrand any hTC one or ever other version of hTC 10. That's why I am going to do the same method.
3/ Download firmware update that match your RUU carrier for most compatible here http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=3387520
4/ Open your firmware update zip file, delete radio.img, save it.
5/ Download the Sprint radio here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3JWmvvPdlHZYUdGVUVraGZsZmc then import it to your firmware update zip file.
6/ Flash the RUU
7/ Flash the modified firmware update zip file.
8/ Check Radio version. It must be 1.0.C010081@60415.2
Ok, now U can use your hTC 10 with working radio. For someone isn't using sprint simcard, Unlock the simcard using this following method:
9/ download any Sprint carrier supported rom like Viper, Leedroid, etc
10/ TWRP
11/ Choose carrier as Sprint inside Aroma, flash it
12/ Unlock sim card following this TUT http://xdaforums.com/sprint-one-m9/general/nv-unlock-sim-t3314755

Hi, friend, did you try this method? it works? Can I convert my htc 10 2ps64 to a 2PS65 without any errors in the applications?
Thank you

Ryan Long

Sep 10, 2016
Hi, friend, did you try this method? it works? Can I convert my htc 10 2ps64 to a 2PS65 without any errors in the applications?
Thank you
Of course at least everything works like a charm in my phone because I'm using cook rom Sprint carrier.
I still don't know what happen to your phone. In theory, you can convert to 2PS65 by this method. Change your RUU, your MID but I can't confirm there won't be any error because I haven't test in any original RUU. I only can confirm this method won't brick your phone and won't lock your imei then u can unlock your sim card manualy.
When I test with Ledroid, US Unlocked, applications still turned black so I'm back to Sprint carrier.
So sad but until now, I can't find any reason cause those troubles. Maybe because the different of hardware between 2PS64 & 2PS65. Too bad but so many people had trouble using Sprint phone outside original carrier.

Last edited:

fello781

Oct 23, 2016
Of course at least everything works like a charm in my phone because I'm using cook rom Sprint carrier.
I still don't know what happen to your phone. In theory, you can convert to 2PS65 by this method. Change your RUU, your MID but I can't confirm there won't be any error because I haven't test in any original RUU. I only can confirm this method won't brick your phone and won't lock your imei then u can unlock your sim card manualy.
When I test with Ledroid, US Unlocked, applications still turned black so I'm back to Sprint carrier.
So sad but until now, I can't find any reason cause those troubles. Maybe because the different of hardware between 2PS64 & 2PS65. Too bad but so many people had trouble using Sprint phone outside original carrier.

Hello friend I need help I did the procedure as it is indicated in the tutorial but now the phone lost imei and signal, the radio is 1.0.C010081@60415.2 and with no rom I get signal, I do not understand what happens already install several firmware and none get signal.

Please help every step after installing the modified firmware with the radio you said.

The strange thing is that if the firmware has a different radio I always see 1.0.C010081@60415.2 as a radio.

I do not know what is happening

help plis

Last edited:

lilares

Sep 10, 2016
Hello friend I need help I did the procedure as it is indicated in the tutorial but now the phone lost imei and signal, the radio is 1.0.C010081@60415.2 and with no rom I get signal, I do not understand what happens already install several firmware and none get signal.

Please help every step after installing the modified firmware with the radio you said.

The strange thing is that if the firmware has a different radio I always see 1.0.C010081@60415.2 as a radio.

help plis

Have you flash the full RUU ? after U flash full RUU of other carrier, does your radio still 1.0.C010081@60415.2 ?
U can back to original Sprint RUU and try again. U also can dump your own radio.img and put it into the firmware update.

Reactions: Ryan Long

fello781

Oct 23, 2016
Have you flash the full RUU ? after U flash full RUU of other carrier, does your radio still 1.0.C010081@60415.2 ?
U can back to original Sprint RUU and try again. U also can dump your own radio.img and put it into the firmware update.

Hello friend if I have put the complete RUU and I keep the radio 1.0.C010081@60415.2 but the signal is lost, the strange thing is that so put a firmware with another radio does not make changes.

I do not understand what happens

Reactions: Ryan Long

Ryan Long

Sep 10, 2016
Hello friend if I have put the complete RUU and I keep the radio 1.0.C010081@60415.2 but the signal is lost, the strange thing is that so put a firmware with another radio does not make changes.

I'm just back to US Unlocked RUU and flash the radio. It would unlock my sim and Imei. Unfortunately, errors still occur for some app. I'm trying to disable some sensor to firure out cause of those problem

fello781

Oct 23, 2016
My bad, hTC 10 can flash radio through bootloader. Please reboot into bootloader, flash radio using fastboot. You don't have to mod the firmware again.

I have tried many times to modify firmware by fasboot and nothing, also when installing a complete RUU of sprint with radio 1.0.C010081@60415.2 I lose signal and the imei disappears

I'm lost I do not know what to do now I do not have a signal and the imei disappears, the radio I have is 1.0.C010081@60415.2 because that shows in bootloader, and the rom is 2PS6IMG_1.80.651.20_RUU.zip.

Last edited:

fello781

Oct 23, 2016
Could you tell me from the beginning step by step what should I do to recover my htc 10 that now I can not have a signal do not recognize imei?
Which firmware should I install?
Which RUU?

soff
unlock

I appreciate help

Ryan Long

Sep 10, 2016
I have tried many times to modify firmware by fasboot and nothing, also when installing a complete RUU of sprint with radio 1.0.C010081@60415.2 I lose signal and the imei disappears

I'm lost I do not know what to do now I do not have a signal and the imei disappears, the radio I have is 1.0.C010081@60415.2 because that shows in bootloader, and the rom is 2PS6IMG_1.80.651.20_RUU.zip.

Download Sprint stock rom. Should be exe file. Flash it again. What it your MID now ? can U take some print screen ?

fello781

Oct 23, 2016
Download Sprint stock rom. Should be exe file. Flash it again. What it your MID now ? can U take some print screen ?

cid 11111111 mid 2PS640000

datos_htc_ultimo.png

Last edited:

3/ Download the Sprint radio here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3JWmvvPdlHZYUdGVUVraGZsZmc
4/ Flash radio
7/ TWRP
9/ Unlock sim card following this TUT http://xdaforums.com/sprint-one-m9/general/nv-unlock-sim-t3314755

This actually saved my mobile network, long story short, I flashed an unlocked US, played with AOSP, then tried to restore my nandroid after RUU back to Sprint. Long and short left me without mobile network which freaked me out. I went 4 hours trying to fix this with flashing modems, wiping, RUU'ing, then I ended up doing exactly this (without first finding this post). So skip ahead to now, I find your post and then the post on Viper, so I did just that, I flashed the open US mode, the installed Viper, selected Sprint and low and behold its working. Thanks for this post!

lilares

Sep 10, 2016
Ok friend, I already have it, I have a new signal and thanks for the help.

No black screen solution in applications?

thanks for your help

Best news of the day, I've updated to US Unlock Nougat 7.0 and suddenly all the black screen gone. I don't have enough time to test but at least, the dialer, google map and some other app I knew would cause the black screen in Mashmallow now no longer black screen anymore.
Just update to latest US Unlocked with US Unlocked CID and MID then OTA to 7.0
U will lost root and TWRP. Maybe, we have to wait for a few day for a new TWRP

FlowingAway

Oct 21, 2007
Best news of the day, I've updated to US Unlock Nougat 7.0 and suddenly all the black screen gone. I don't have enough time to test but at least, the dialer, google map and some other app I knew would cause the black screen in Mashmallow now no longer black screen anymore.
You're on Nougat with Sprint calls and data still working?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

lilares

Sep 10, 2016
You're on Nougat with Sprint calls and data still working?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Cant confirm cause I'm traveling outside US so I'm using another carrier. Now the Nougat only available for US Unlocked so I need someone to check with sprint Carrier. Buts yes, U need to flash Sprint radio. I can confirm U can unlock your sim card with my old radio.img.

Ryan Long

Sep 10, 2016
Confirmed. Nougat will fix every problem about black screen.
Still no TWRP and also no root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4/ Flash radio
    7/ TWRP

help plis

that's strange. Have you try to flash radio once again using htc_fastboot ??
    try to flash cook rom, sprint carrier, flash radio again, unlock sim card