1,664 posts
Thanks Meter: 595

By litetaker, Senior Member on 25th January 2012, 01:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2012, 01:52 PM |#161  
Rochester, MI
Thanks Meter: 2

More
To those of you still in doubt. Autorun manager verifies the system framework as 4.0.3 ICS... my guess is this is also why many apps are running in combatability mode by default. Just thought I'd share lolz

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App

2nd February 2012, 06:58 PM |#162  
Thanks Meter: 1,858

More
I feel bad no one has donated to ace for this. I would if I had money to give.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2012, 09:17 PM |#163  
Flag 18518
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

I feel bad no one has donated to ace for this. I would if I had money to give.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

While I understand it is nice that people donate, no one has to. The way he put it on his twitter kind of irks me.

"Sends the wrong message"

Well I have a message. I'm poor. I actually get my phone through work so I don't pay a cell phone bill. Before you ask its not that glamorous of a job. I just have student loans and such.

I would donate if I could but people have donated to him. I believe he received donations when he started on his CM7 port for his laptop.

Edit
I'm not trying to come off as rude, but it is the truth.

I have donated to devs before. iCesar would be one of them (Sorry if spelled wrong). I just simply don't have. Many people may not. I'm ranting and I'll stop.
3rd February 2012, 04:02 AM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1426062
I have found the ReRecoveryCM7 to work w/ Miui and Blur roms!
3rd February 2012, 03:08 PM |#165  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix2217

While I understand it is nice that people donate, no one has to.

Likewise, while I understand it is nice for people to develop for our factory-orphaned phones, no one has to. I'm more of an AOSP guy myself, so I donated when CM7 hit and will again when I switch to CM9.

I'll pay $3 for a premium app without too much consternation; I'd say the equivalent of a free update from Windows XP to Windows 7 is worth at least as much as Plants vs. Zombies.
3rd February 2012, 03:12 PM |#166  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdinphx

I've noticed that downloaded apps are automatically assigned to run in compatibility mode, which seems to be the source of most force closes and failures to open.

Is there a one stroke option for changing this or do I have to manually switch this for each app?

PJ
Phoenix, AZ

I've used MIUI on four different devices now, and with every one of them you had to have compatibility mode on for many of the apps in order for text to display correctly. With it turned off on some apps, they would display white text on white background. Compatibility modes fixes this. To my knowledge, that is why it is turned on by default now. Never had issues with them FC because of compatibility mode.
3rd February 2012, 03:51 PM |#167  
Flag 18518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRichardson

Likewise, while I understand it is nice for people to develop for our factory-orphaned phones, no one has to. I'm more of an AOSP guy myself, so I donated when CM7 hit and will again when I switch to CM9.

I'll pay $3 for a premium app without too much consternation; I'd say the equivalent of a free update from Windows XP to Windows 7 is worth at least as much as Plants vs. Zombies.

Understood, but to say it "sends the wrong message" also sends a bad message. People may not have the money to donate. It ends there. On a forum where ROMS are not paid for there should be no real discussion regarding payment or donations except the link in the OP.
3rd February 2012, 04:17 PM |#168  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 209

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicardium

I've used MIUI on four different devices now, and with every one of them you had to have compatibility mode on for many of the apps in order for text to display correctly. With it turned off on some apps, they would display white text on white background. Compatibility modes fixes this. To my knowledge, that is why it is turned on by default now. Never had issues with them FC because of compatibility mode.

I'm new to MIUI, and really, even to iOS. Many of my old standby apps were struggling to open (and run) in MIUI ... when I switched off compatibility mode, apps seemed to operate with fewer nervous breakdowns. Maybe it was just a coincidence that switching off compatibility mode enabled these apps to run smoothly, who knows ...

The audio/video issues, along with some random glitchiness, were a bit too much for me to use this as a daily driver. So I'm back to CM7, for now, though I do look forward to a Beta2 ...

Pj
Phoenix, AZ
3rd February 2012, 08:11 PM |#169  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
As far as donations. Wasn't the phone it's self donated? It kinda caught me off guard when I read his tweets about people not donating. In my years of using an android phone and flashing roms I have never seen a dev. Complain about not getting a donation. I would agree it sends a bad message as well. I did tell him I was gonna donate and I still will be this weekend when I get a chance to get on PayPal.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
3rd February 2012, 08:22 PM |#170  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03civicdx

As far as donations. Wasn't the phone it's self donated? It kinda caught me off guard when I read his tweets about people not donating. In my years of using an android phone and flashing roms I have never seen a dev. Complain about not getting a donation. I would agree it sends a bad message as well. I did tell him I was gonna donate and I still will be this weekend when I get a chance to get on PayPal.

As I recall the phone was donated. This is starting to make sense. He got mad when dzk released a miui alpha, when he himself was working on one. Seems to me now that he was mad because he was afraid that dzk would get all the donations. I flashed away from Ace's miui beta the moment I read those tweets about not getting any money. Clearly he is in this for the money.

3rd February 2012, 08:23 PM |#171  
Flag 18518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03civicdx

As far as I know, yes, as well as donations to fix his laptop. I have nothing against ace. He's a great dev and I appreciate everything hes done but what he said irked me. Shouldn't have been said. Period. That's the last I'll say on the subject.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)