[ROM][G900V]eLLi Kat 1.0 NCG/DeOdexed/Android L Features/4.4.2

Search This thread

GlitchMob

Apr 4, 2013
Bay Area
I opened 8sms and it gives you option to set as default n takes you to settings.. maybe if you use sms backup n restore in regular sms app then afterwards open 8 sms n change it.. i think sms backup and restore only works with stock messaging app for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

It's weird. I restarted the phone and it made the switch in terms of the main SMS app. I was able to restore my texts. Now, once you release another version today, do recommend we do a clean flash? I'm assuming the answer will be a yes. Also, thanks again for your hard work.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Well let me ask you another noob question ... I am new to SafeStrap always had a phone where the bootloader was unlocked I had been readying you should never touch the stock ROM, but it looks like you all have been installing to the stock ROM. It was my understanding that if you wiped the stock ROM it would get rid of everything, including safestrap, so you would no longer be able to boot. I guess this is not true? Once I load the ROM on my SD care should I just factory reset my stock rom via SS then I can install the zip to it? Or should I always work with a rom slot?

Thanks for the help!

make a backup of current rom on sd card.. if you just press wipe and use w.e default is there it will be fine.. dont factory reset or mess with any of the advanced settings or you might wipe everything.. if i use the defaulted wipe i havent loat anything yet and i use stock slot so i can reboot as i want since rebooting on rom slot requires a batt pull at the moment

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
It's weird. I restarted the phone and it made the switch in terms of the main SMS app. I was able to restore my texts. Now, once you release another version today, do recommend we do a clean flash? I'm assuming the answer will be a yes. Also, thanks again for your hard work.

i created a seperate thread but it is uploaded.. and you must do a clean install as its a completely different rom.. this one has everything n the other one has nothing

Reactions: GlitchMob

Shaffer678

i created a seperate thread but it is uploaded.. and you must do a clean install as its a completely different rom.. this one has everything n the other one has nothing

Was wondering were you doing anymore with this build or focusing on the new thread?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Was wondering were you doing anymore with this build or focusing on the new thread?

this one will keep all bells n whistles other thread is for extreme debloat.. i plan on making a few modifications as well as when i theme i will be theming both.. so with my roms currently its all or nothing with this one all in and other rom extremely light and nothing but bare essentials on it

Reactions: Shaffer678

Shaffer678

this one will keep all bells n whistles other thread is for extreme debloat.. i plan on making a few modifications as well as when i theme i will be theming both.. so with my roms currently its all or nothing with this one all in and other rom extremely light and nothing but bare essentials on it

Sounds awesome !

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
Hey Elli, any chance we could get a flashable zip of viper audio, or could get pointed to where we could grab it?:thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Reactions: Broadley1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    eLLi Kat 1.0

This is my first ROM EVER. I am going to be updating this ROM frequently over time as I see fit. If you have requests please post in a comment below!

Shout Outs:

Geohot (For working on rooting our device and EVERY device he can with www.towelroot.com)
    Hashcode0f (For making SafeStrap compatible with our phone and making flashing .zip's possible!)
    BeansTown106 (For his Base Build/Mods.)
    Misterxtc (For taking the time to read my multiple PM's and helping me learn how to compile a flashable ROM!)
    Google/Samsung (For making an amazing device/OS for us to play with.)
    Creators of Archikitchen here on XDA (For providing the tools necessary to ROM.)
    Everyone else who has contributed that I did not mention.

This ROM is based on BeansTown106 Odex Base. (It was DeOdexed using ArchiKitchen.)

ROM:

Android 4.4.2 (NCG Base)
    DeoDexed
    Zipaligned
    Busybox
    Rooted
    Knox Free
    Native Hotspot
    Removed Verizon OTA Updater
    DeBloated (Everything intact to make everything functional minus crap not needed.)
    Read/Write to external storage (Should be working, let me know if it doesn't.)
    Art should work (I do not use it.)
    Private Mode does NOT work (ROM is DeOdexed.)

Features:

Android L Keyboard (Must enable in Language & Input Settings, Also, go to advanced settings and change color/theme to Material)
    Android L Alarm Sounds
    Android L Ringtones
    Android L Notification Sounds
    Android L Bootanimation (Removed Boot Sound)
    Android L 5.0 Launcher (Touchwiz Launcher Removed)
    8SMS Added (enable as default for AOSP style messaging)
    Removed all Verizon Bloatware

Here is the Android L Bootanimation with the ROM:
    LpoeUzP.gif

Some applications such as Play Movies, Play Music, and My Files have not been removed yet so you can debloat it even more. SHealth among other features were left in ROM due to seeing people request for things to be left on.

Instructions:

I am NOT responsible for your device and if you do not flash properly or something goes wrong. This ROM has been tested on my own Retail S5 and has flashed just fine with no issues.

1: Download ROM and put on External SD card (or internal if it works for you)
    2: Also Download SuperSU from HERE and put in same place you have the ROM zip
    3: Reboot into SafeStrap Recovery and select ROM slot you want to install it on (Most likely on ROM slot 1)
    4: Once in desired ROM slot, go to Wipe, and swipe to wipe (default wipe settings in SS should be good enough)
    5: Go to main SS screen and press Install (Then navigate to the ROM zip and flash it, then flash SuperSU zip immediately after)
    6: On first boot, you might get a Setup Wizard FC (Just press OK and don't worry about it as it will only appear once)

Download:

eLLi Kat 1.0 Is Now Available For Download!
    MD5: 51512e1658bfa9568af9d337a92ba7ad

Please hit Thanks if you want to!

I Do Drink Beer!
    Bugs:

1: Turning location on automatically goes to off when you accept.

Fix:
    After a few battery pulls it will allow you to turn it on. (I am searching as to why this happens. It might be something I removed)

Android L Wallpapers:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53824082
    So is your goal here to debloat EVERYTHING? I've been waiting to see a ROM that has only the bare bones stuff needed to function.

yes.. but if this one works well maybe increase aospish look.. but ultimately ill use this to debloat all touchwiz.. xtre lite in unified thread is my inspiration.. his rom is less. than 600mb.. ive pmed him

Hey Elli, any chance we could get a flashable zip of viper audio, or could get pointed to where we could grab it?:thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

there is no flashable zip...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223