[Q] Failed OTA Update, no specific error message

Search This thread

Wiltron

I'm on 4.2.2 right now, rooted and happy. I bought SuperSU Pro to get the "survival mode" option, and checked it. Now I'm trying to do the 4.3 OTA upgrade.

It downloads fine, and during the install, the android with the spinning blue globe appears, and the bar fills up about 10% of the way then the phone reboots. It refuses to update, and upon boot up it says "Software Update Failed!". No error messages, codes, or anything to search by.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to keep root with my upgrade to 4.3

mohit378

Jan 10, 2014
Karnal
I'm on 4.2.2 right now, rooted and happy. I bought SuperSU Pro to get the "survival mode" option, and checked it. Now I'm trying to do the 4.3 OTA upgrade.

It downloads fine, and during the install, the android with the spinning blue globe appears, and the bar fills up about 10% of the way then the phone reboots. It refuses to update, and upon boot up it says "Software Update Failed!". No error messages, codes, or anything to search by.

Any ideas?

just flash 4.3 firmware ftf file through flashtool....

Brianlymtb

Nov 27, 2013
Washington

Any ideas?

Have you flash the Recovery to your 4.2.2 version? If yes the OTA will not install :D
One more point, you cannot keep your root when you update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 via OTA too.

acidrums4

Aug 20, 2012
You can't update via OTA when rooted for some "strange" reason. You need to do that with PC Companion. I couldn't do that even when I was updating firmware in 4.2.2.