Options to get Facebook and GMail on gear?

Search This thread

Clarky78

Dec 11, 2010
I just upgraded Gear to Null, but not really convinced I like it. Mostly it kills battery, I was getting about 3-4 days on stock, on Null I have got just 1 day and down to 20%. It's dropped 10% in last hour because i received 2 texts! Only looked at the time about 5 times today and received 2 emails and 2 texts. So thinking of flashing back to stock, but I want to get facebook and Gmail on the gear. What can I do? It seems even with the Null rom I can't reply to Facebook messenger chats or emails anyway, just read and show on phone or delete..

Clarky78

Dec 11, 2010
You can't reply to gmail on stock either.

In order to on null you need to install the gmail app itself thru playstore on the watch. Then enable Bluetooth tether to use it.

I want to reply through the notifications and S Voice. I assume that wont do that? I'm more concerned with replying to facebook chats via S Voice though than GMail.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
I just upgraded Gear to Null, but not really convinced I like it. Mostly it kills battery, I was getting about 3-4 days on stock, on Null I have got just 1 day and down to 20%. It's dropped 10% in last hour because i received 2 texts! Only looked at the time about 5 times today and received 2 emails and 2 texts. So thinking of flashing back to stock, but I want to get facebook and Gmail on the gear. What can I do? It seems even with the Null rom I can't reply to Facebook messenger chats or emails anyway, just read and show on phone or delete..

There's something wrong with your configuration in NULL

On Null 23, you should be able to get 2 days easily, about 1 hr of total screen time in 48 hours.

Use the STOCK Kernel. NOT the modded one especially if you are not familiar with CPU Configuration.

Clarky78

Dec 11, 2010
There's something wrong with your configuration in NULL

On Null 23, you should be able to get 2 days easily, about 1 hr of total screen time in 48 hours.

Use the STOCK Kernel. NOT the modded one especially if you are not familiar with CPU Configuration.

After a few more days usage I have been getting 2 days. But on stock I was getting 4 days, double the time. However, I put my watch on at 12 today after charge, and now it's midnight and I have 95%! So inconsistent, I can't really tell. Does seem that it's not updating though. Weather for example is stuck on 8am without manual refresh.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Measure your screen on time, and the other top 2 energy users in the Battery Menu of Android Settings.

Otherwise you won't be able to accuracy figure out the power consumption of your watch on a day to day basis.