Android L Preview Port

Search This thread

TheAmusingNerd

Sep 8, 2013
I've been working to port the L Preview from Nexus 5 to HTC One M7 but having issues with updater script. A lot has changed and I have experience with ROMs compiling and flashing but I have never ported ROMs between devices. Anyone has experience doing so? Can work together then

How much has the script changed from KitKat? I don't have much experience with porting, but can help when I can.

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Watch out, there have apparently been a few bricks from trying to create flashables for L

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London

Here's the full DMESG: http://pastebin.com/Gb38U9YD

What I've tried to do so far:

1. Copied app, priv app, media, fonts and framework folder from L preview to a GPE 4.4 ROM for HTC One along with certain files and libs like libart.so, etc and the boot.img

2. Copied proprietary files from GPE 4.4 ROM for HTC One along with the boot.img to the L preview ROM.

I also merged some code from the updater script of L preview ROM with the GPE ROM and vice versa, same issue.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Here's the full DMESG: http://pastebin.com/Gb38U9YD

What I've tried to do so far:

1. Copied app, priv app, media, fonts and framework folder from L preview to a GPE 4.4 ROM for HTC One along with certain files and libs like libart.so, etc and the boot.img

2. Copied proprietary files from GPE 4.4 ROM for HTC One along with the boot.img to the L preview ROM.

I also merged some code from the updater script of L preview ROM with the GPE ROM and vice versa, same issue.

Am I missing something?

You can't have sense stuff in an AOSP ROM. this is what you have, since gpe boot.img has sense style ramdisk and everything. Because gpe has sense stuff in framework etc then you'll need everything to match

I thought you'd have more chance from CM base because they're both aosp. Think of this, you can't port aosp ROMs with sense base :)

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
You can't have sense stuff in an AOSP ROM. this is what you have, since gpe boot.img has sense style ramdisk and everything. Because gpe has sense stuff in framework etc then you'll need everything to match

I thought you'd have more chance from CM base because they're both aosp. Think of this, you can't port aosp ROMs with sense base :)

Ah, makes sense! Let me try merging stuff with CM, hopefully that will work

Hajime

Apr 1, 2014
Stuttgart Germany
copy bootclass path from android l to the base boot.img

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

can you give me a zip for android l meta-inf?

Top Liked Posts