FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT: Back up your phone
1. Download and install iPhoneToday (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508429
1. For my install walkthrough of IphoneToday visit: http://james27007.tripod.com/iPhone-Install.htm
2. Download the weather.zip file from the first post(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=480686
3. Unzip the weather.zip file
4. Open the weather.ini file and edit to your settings. Each line is explained in the file. I recommend leaving the settings alone and only changing the location and data connection type.
5. Download and install Mortscript (http://www.sto-helit.de/forum/
6. Download and install S2U2 (http://s2u2.eqvipage.dk/
1. Optional Here is the English version http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=29
Editing the weather.ini file
On the PC Edit the weather.ini file with notepad. There are here is the entire file. Below is the settings I edit/changed :
; General settings
;this is your location code(see http://weather.yahoo.com/
on finding your location)
;this sets the units for temperatures f for farenheit c for celsius
;your internetconnection("The Internet","Internet","My ISP"..see settings/connections ...) If you only want to use available connections set GSMConnection=
;Disconnect on exit if Connection was established(doest work on all devices/settings)
;Bypass disabled connection (nodata i.e)
;how often to try and get the weather
;weather text to display when no data availible
;weather text to display when data corrupted
;translate forecasts if set to 1 (note: can also be used to correct forecast to the right legth for the wallpaper theme)
; S2U2 settings
;set this to 0 to disable the s2u2 forecast completely
;this sets the path to s2u2
;set this to 0 to disable weather wallpaper
;this sets the path to the s2u2 weather wallpapers
;this determines the file type of the wallpapers for s2u2
;this wallpaper is displayed when there is no weather data available (use this without the file extention)
defs2u2text=slide to unlock
;this text is displayed in the slider when there is no weather data available
; IPhonetoday settings
;this sets the path to the weathericons for iPhonetoday
;this sets the row where the 4 day forecast is shown
;this sets the page where the 4 day forecast is shown
;this sets the row in which the actual weather icon is shown
actualcolumn = 1
;this sets the column in which the actual weather icon is shown
actualpageselect = 0
;this sets the page in which the actual weather icon is shown
;set this to 0 to display the Temperature values and to 1 to display the forecast text
;Weather Picture if no data available (without file extention)
Most settings have a perfect explanation; here are the ones I edited or changed for English settings
1. You need to go to http://weather.yahoo.com/
and look up your location. In the URL you will see after the location a country code. Here are some examples
a. For Sacramento, CA, USA this was the URL:
c. So use USCA0967 as the location
d. For Berman, Germany this was the URL:
f. So use GMXX0014 as the location
g. For Hong Kong, China this was the URL
i. So use CHXX0170
a. use C for Celsius and F for Fahrenheit
a. This is how your phone connects to the internet. Leave blank if you want it to use any available connection. Or to set your standard you need to look up your connection:
b. Press Start --> Settings --> Connections --> Connections --> select the Advanced tab --> Select Networks
c. The name in the top drop down box is your connection. I have AT&T so I use Media Net; other possibilities are "The Internet", "Internet", and "My ISP”
4. nodata=No Data
a. This the text that will display when you have no data, I like using “searching”
5. dataerror=Data Error
a. This the text that will display when you have a data error, I leave this alone
a. change to 0 to disable S2U2 completly
7. s2u2path=\program files\s2u2\
a. this sets the path to s2u2 program CHECK LOCATION AND SPELLING!
a. set this to 0 to disable weather wallpaper
9. wallpaperfolder=\ program files \s2u2\gfx\wallpaper\
a. this sets the path to s2u2 wallpaper CHECK LOCATION AND SPELLING!
iPhone Today Settings
I left these alone, but the explanations under each line explains it perfectly.
You can Mess with other settings, however I do not recommend it unless you really know what you are doing
How to install:
1. On your PC, open “My Computer”, then open your device. You can also use Active Sync, but this is a lot easier. Once you open your device you will be looking at the phone’s root directory; you will navigate from here to copy the files over.
2. On your PC, open the weather folder, open the S2U2 folder, then open the gfx folder. Copy the contests of the gfx folder to your phone under your phone’s \program files\S2U2\gfx folder
3. On your PC, open the weather folder and open the iPhoneToday folder. Copy the Weather folder in there, the weather.ini and Refresh Today.exe files to your phone’s iPhoneToday folder in the root directory, not the one in program files!
4. On your PC, open the weather folder, open the iPhoneToday folder then open the icons folder and copy the weather folder in there to your phone’s iPhoneToday\icons folder.
Here is what the folder tree looks like after you have copied the filter to you phone
5. On your phone, create an icon and point it to the getweather.mscr in your \iPhoneToday\Weather folder. This will start the program.
6. For an auto start option, copy the getweather.mscr to your \windows\startup folder. That way it will run every time you start your phone.
When enabled the S2U2 will display tomorrow’s forecast
The only thing you need to do is go into S2U2 settings and set the "Today's Weather Forecast from" to "UserWeather"
If your background is not showing, verify what location it is looking in for the background; there may be a typo in the weather.ini file
How it works
When you run getweather.mscr, your phone will connect to the internet and a new icon will appear on your 1st page of iPhoneToday. Note it may overwrite some of the icons. To avoid this place only 4 icons on the top row, that way the icons will be placed under that.
The new icon will be the actual weather for your area. When you press that icon it will be replaced with the forecast for the next 4 days.
To return back to the current weather, press any of the 4 forecast icons, this will remove them and restore the original current weather icon.