206 Vote(s)
8.28%
RK3188 - 800X480

471 Vote(s)
18.92%
RK3188 - 1024X600

1,357 Vote(s)
54.52%

[ROM][RK3066/RK3188][SD/HD] Malaysk ROMs Android 4.4.4 for any yet known MTCB-Device

1,540 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,367

By Malaysk, Senior Member on 18th January 2015, 07:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2016, 02:25 AM |#3021  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorman

it is a system app
you have to manually replace it
root/ system> app
or something like that

Pretty good instructions here: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...pp-on-android/
The Following User Says Thank You to hans109h For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hans109h Ad-Free
14th April 2016, 02:40 AM |#3022  
Thanks Meter: 284

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzxhms

Ahh ok. Thanks. Will this fix weather not working on home screen?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

yes..

It seams like you are new on the forum...

1) no one is getting paid here to help you so please use the "Thanks" button when people answer you.

2) no one is getting paid here to help you so please do a bit of google search of XDA search before asking questions that have been answer 100 times.

and welcome to XDA.. use it well and contribute when you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to doctorman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doctorman Ad-Free
14th April 2016, 02:41 AM |#3023  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for your help and quick replies.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
14th April 2016, 02:57 AM |#3024  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retarded1

Bluetooth still only shows numbers not names on incoming calls. Is that normal?

The bluetooth app is very particular about getting an exact match (both in number, number of digits and format, i.e. county code, parenthesis, dashes, etc) for the incoming call.

There are a couple of things you can do, edit your contacts so the phone number listed is identical to how your carrier sends it. i.e if your carrier sends XXX-YYY-ZZZZ then your contacts have to be the same, if it sends XXXYYYZZZZ then make it match formatting wise.

You can use the bluetooth phonebook app on your phone to manipulate the way the phonebook data is shared, so for example if you have all your contacts on your phone saved like +W XXX-YYY-ZZZZ but your carrier sends them has (XXX) YYY-ZZZZ then you can modify the way they are sent to the headunit without having to actually edit the contacts.

Also the xposed module MTCbluetooth makes it so the contact check just looks at the last 9 numerical digits (i.e. ignores all hyphens, parenthesis, etc) and since its just the last 9 the country code is ignored (at least for US/CA).

Between the module and app on your phone you should be able to get it to recognize incoming calls to contacts.
14th April 2016, 02:58 AM |#3025  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markastor

Hi!

Anybody knows whats the apk name of the camera software? F-Cam or something similar.

Hm? That we're a senior members could answer about f-cam
14th April 2016, 05:07 AM |#3026  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Question and Summary of OBD-II
I'm trying to get my BT OBD adapter to work with Torque, but I am running into protocol problems. I've been following this post, starting at the beginning and working through the end, and I've done my research on OBD (see summary below) but still need some help.

Based on my research, this is what I tried tonight:
1. Checked in BT settings and my OBD device is named OBDII and was shown as a phone icon. Trying to connect to OBDII did nothing, and device was not listed as a BT device in Torque.
2. I disable all Xposed Mods and rebooted.
3. Checked in BT settings any my OBD device was still named OBDII however it was now shown as an OBD icon.
4. Opened Torque and selected my OBD device from the menu. The Torque status bar kept changing from labels such as "automatic scan" and "Trying protocol 1" and "Trying ISO-xyz" and similar messages, however it never appears to actually connect.
5. I reenabled Xposed Mods and rebooted.
6. OBD device showed as a phone icon in BT settings again, but in Torque it was still available in the list of devices, however it just displayed "automatic search" or something similar in the status bar.

At this point I got bored sitting in my car and came back inside to think about it some more.

Here are my questions for anyone who has Torque successfully working:

A. Does Torque give a confirmation message in the status bar when it successfully connects?
B. Has anyone successfully connected to OBD when the icon in BT settings is the phone?
C. What Xposed Mod is causing the OBD icon to change to a phone?
D. Anything else?

I know this will make this post long, but in light of previous discussion of trying to consolidate some of the information in the 3000 posts, below is a summary of posts where OBD (and a few where ODB) were mentioned. Some make more sense than others, but I feel there is enough there to be a start....

Single space between posts that were somewhat related, extra spaces between posts that weren't....
Quote:

Originally Posted by armbar

Software related. The Bluetooth can handle a serial connection to obd2 so if the proper drivers were there tethering would be similar

USB ? This works in Linux and every other OS from iPhones . Libimobiledevice , libifuse are used to accomplish this on other Linux distros and other android devices absolutely support this so the sole inclusion of wifi tethering isn't hardware based at all.
yes and no...
The Bluetooth (and i'd assume usb) is not part of the device in the same way as it is with a phone. The mcu provides the interface between android and the hardware. The only programs that have access to the mcu are the mtc apps (and I believe there is an app or service that does run in the background and allow obd/usb devices to connect to apps, but in a limited way). it's all more of a workaround than a built in solution

USB is USB. I have a Logitech webcam working on my Rk3188 Joying in dash head unit without any issue. It's just regular USB. It needed a powered hub in order to run properly but it works.

If bluetooth is capable of streaming audio and obd2 I'm failing to see why it couldn't handle being used as a modem if the correct software was in place.

USB there is no reason why the feature shouldn't be there. If a Logitech webcam can work so can tethering. In linux, again the following software is required:

usbmuxd, libimobiledevice, libplist ( for ipod integration), ifuse, fuse, python dev

Torque will not see my OBDII adapter. I read it had to be plain OBD for it to see it? Is this true? Can this be fixed somehow??? Stock ROM used to show MAC address of OBD-II adapter, this one shows a blank space when you go try to select Bluetooth OBD-II adapter. Any advise?

I lied again! And Google is your friend! Found out those STUPID blue chinese OBD-II adapters all share same Mac address so when I was testing I had another one interfering with the OBD-II on my MCU radio! Once I went to the store it started working like magic, and stopped working when I got home so I googled if maybe the Rokus were interfering and learned about the same mac on chinese obd-ii's...

All or only so in my latest firmware rk3066 800 × 480. It does not match the OBD ||. In previous works. I sew on predyduschuyu.Spasibo.

Me too
my HU- JY firmware(2016.01.06) rk3188 1024 x 600. It does not match the OBDII.
But In previous (2015.12.25) works.

since my HU crashed, my OBDII work,whereas before it was not even recognized

Hey guys, I'm having trouble connecting my obd. I see it in the list of devices in the Bluetooth app when I search, then when I select it nothing happens. Help please?

I had this issue a few days ago, only thing i found that fixed it was to reflash the rom. Then reinstalled all my apps and enabled exposed its modules and it seemed to gine. Not sure of the issue that caused this.

Activate in Xposed modules / XposedMTC
After rebooting open it from your your apps page and enable the obd settings, if it has another name as obd you could name it here. As long as it starts with obd youre good as it is.
After pairing select it in Torque in settings ( if you are using torque )

Which is the best and working 100% obd 2 adaptor?

From experience, the small transparent blue one works on vw, rx8 and maybe others foreign cars, for a Ford F-150 I bought a black one with orange/blue label.

I have got the big gray brick
and it works also fine

Hi. I am facing with one Bluetooth problem. I have connected with Bluetooth obd adapter but after first connection i cant connect another one time. I see the blue obd icon at upper side I can see also the device in Bluetooth connections as connected but there is no true connected because torque obd not responding. I am with stock rom. Is there with this rom this problem?

I had the same problem: my bluetooth OBD2 / OBD adapter were being detected, but I could not pair them. My OBD2 adapter has a pin number and I was never asked for the pin to pair. Also, the device was being scanned and shown with the phone icon instead of the OBD icon. Had this problem with March and January 2016 versions of Malaysk ROM (which is awesome, btw!). How I solved the problem:

1. Opened the stock bluetooth app, removed the device which already appeared paired
2. Set the default pairing PIN to the PIN of my device
3. Disabled XposedMTC and XposedBT in the Xposed module manager
4. Rebooted
5. Scanned for the device, checked that it appears as OBD (icon) and paired again. No pin was requested, but it paired correctly and it works.

Hope this helps! Cheers,
C.
Malaysk, Have you seen this? The problem is impacting me as well. I'm just curious if you are aware of the issue or not.

sorry if it has answered before but with latest malaysk 16/03 version i cant connect bluetooth obd for torque..i find it by searching but nothing happens when i press connect.

also my elm27 OBD2 bluetooth adapter will not pair. My galaxy s6 connects fine and works but my OBD2 will not pair. it shows up but pressing connect does nothing. and ideas?

Make sure you aren't connecting your phone to the ELM327. Disable BT on phone or unpair it then reboot radio. Try to pair again. in BT on stereo. Once connected to radio go back into torque and ensure you have the correct mac address for the OBDII adapter. It is ID'd by HU as OBD II right?

I disabled all the exposed modules, rebooted, paired my elm27, enabled the modules and rebooted. Problem solved.

the only issue I'm having at the moment with the latest ROM from Malay (again, awesome work!), is that I cannot pair the ELM bluetooth ODB2 adapter for using it with Torque.

I've tried almost everything I read on the forums. So far:
- Tried to pair it from settings - bluetooth: The system sees the bluetooth adapter (name "CHX"), asks for confirmation to pair it, but pressing yes does not do anything (I also tried choosing no )
- Tried to pair it from the custom BT menu: Does not do anything
- Uninstalled Xposed framework, rebooted, tried to pair it from both places (settings-bluetooth and custom bluetooth app) : Same result
- Changed BT API from Headunit configuration tool to v1: Same result

The BT module on the system works correctly because I have my smartphone connected every day and working without issues (Iphone 5s). I think that the main problem is more or less the same I had with the original firmware (looks like the bluetooth module is working in "passive mode" , just to be able to be paired to an active external device such as a mobile phone, by entering the PIN in the phone. But to pair it with the ELM adapter, it has to work in "active mode", by asking for the PIN and entering it from the headunit. I realize this is not very techhie, but those are my impressions).

MCU version I have is 2.55.

I can confirm that the ELM adapter works, because I can pair it to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and use Torque from within it, but I would like to use it directly from within the headunit.

This is a pretty old issue. The OBD adapter has to be named OBD or OBD2 to work with these units. Search these MTCB threads for the solution, I believe there was an Xposed module that allowed for adapters named differently.

I had exactly the same issue with my Vgate OBD2 device that has a PIN and the HeadUnit is simply not showing anything to type it. What is interesting - some sellers even advertise this function including mine - but it was never working for me - even on original ROM. I think that the issue is like you said - HU not being able to provide PIN code to OBD2 adapter... Someone before also said that our HUs have very limited list of BT profiles that can be used - but is there any way to expand it?

14th April 2016, 05:16 AM |#3027  
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejm79

The bluetooth app is very particular about getting an exact match (both in number, number of digits and format, i.e. county code, parenthesis, dashes, etc) for the incoming call.

There are a couple of things you can do, edit your contacts so the phone number listed is identical to how your carrier sends it. i.e if your carrier sends XXX-YYY-ZZZZ then your contacts have to be the same, if it sends XXXYYYZZZZ then make it match formatting wise.

You can use the bluetooth phonebook app on your phone to manipulate the way the phonebook data is shared, so for example if you have all your contacts on your phone saved like +W XXX-YYY-ZZZZ but your carrier sends them has (XXX) YYY-ZZZZ then you can modify the way they are sent to the headunit without having to actually edit the contacts.

Also the xposed module MTCbluetooth makes it so the contact check just looks at the last 9 numerical digits (i.e. ignores all hyphens, parenthesis, etc) and since its just the last 9 the country code is ignored (at least for US/CA).

Between the module and app on your phone you should be able to get it to recognize incoming calls to contacts.

Thanks for the info. Idownload the Bluetooth phone app but haven't had time to mess with it.
14th April 2016, 06:30 AM |#3028  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4D3N

@Malaysk

Please help me...Since the ROM with FUSE support I do not have WiFi or 3g...before FUSE it was working perfect now the WiFI will not turn on (it turns off automatically) and 3g does not connect

Try to install initially the January firmware to Wipe data, see how it works WiFi. Then install the March firmware to wipe data in recovery.
14th April 2016, 09:34 AM |#3029  
Flag Tata
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzxhms

This may be dumb question. How do I know which one to install and how to install?
Thanks for your help

I fixed the weather issue on my JY rooted HU yesterday. And now widget is working perfect.
Thanks for help/post of TT_Vert:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2606

Remove original file: system\app\MTCWeather.apk
Remove data: data\data\com.microntek.weather
Install MTCWeather_v - 1.4.1.apk (double click on apk file)
Attached Files
File Type: apk MTCWeather_v-1.4.1-release.apk - [Click for QR Code] (736.4 KB, 110 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ktibor69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktibor69 Ad-Free
14th April 2016, 10:40 AM |#3030  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Updated blue regular application .
You can install as normal files. (No need to replace in a folder System/app) If you do not like it, you can uninstall the update in Settings - Apps - Uninstall the update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BlueMusic.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	3718122   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlueRadio.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	3718123   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlueVideo.png
Views:	662
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	3718124   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlueBluetooth.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	3718125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-13-09-41-32.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	3718409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-01-13-28-28.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	3718410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-01-13-28-57.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	3718411   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-01-13-29-04.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	3718412  
Attached Files
File Type: apk MTCBlueTooth4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (847.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: apk MTCMovie4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (573.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: apk MTCMusic4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (851.1 KB, 78 views)
File Type: apk MTCRadio4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (589.4 KB, 64 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Malaysk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Malaysk Ad-Free
14th April 2016, 11:16 AM |#3031  
Flag Frankfurt a. M.
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysk

Updated blue regular application .
You can install as normal files. (No need to replace in a folder System/app) If you do not like it, you can uninstall the update in Settings - Applications - Remove the update.

Thank you, malaysk!

What a pitty, I can't use it, because the Cockpit and button lights in my audi are red.

Gesendet von meinem NX505J mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)