FORUMS

DVD/Blu-ray to Archos

528 posts
Thanks Meter: 152

By Tesla74, Senior Member on 13th January 2011, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

I found this great free program for ripping DVDs and Blu-rays. It is called DVDFab HD Decrypter. By following the steps below you can have distortion free movies on your Archos.

First download and install DVDFab HD Decrypter:
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Next run the program.

Select HD Decrypter - Free Edition
Select "Do not show again"
Click the "Start DVDFab" button

Click the "OK" button

Select your region code
Click the "OK" button

Select DVD Ripper | More... | to MP4
Insert the DVD that you want to rip in the drive

DVDFab will automatically highlight the movie track. Select it by clicking the checkbox.
Click the "Edit" button

I highlighted in red the fields to be edited
Clean up the file name and title
Change Fixed Bitrate to 1500
Change Channel to Stereo
Change Bitrate to 128kbps
Click the "Video Effect Settings" button

Under Customized Size enter the max 16:9 resolution and click the "Add" button
Archos 101 display is 1024x600
-- DVD max 16:9 resolution: 852x480
-- Blu-ray max 16:9 resolution: 1024x576
Archos 70 display is 800x480
-- DVD/Blu-ray max 16:9 resolution: 800x450
Next click on the Crop tab

You want the Cropped Aspect Ratio to be the same as your displays ratio.
1024/600=1.71 and 800/480=1.67
Top and Bottom = 0
Left and Right
-- Archos 101 DVD = 17
-- Archos 101 Blu-ray = 21
-- Archos 70 DVD/Blu-ray = 27
Click the "OK" button

Click the "OK" button

Click the "Start" button

Click the "OK" button

Now it will start ripping the video. It may take 1-2 hours.
When it is done it will bring up a File Transfer window. Just close it by clicking the close button in the upper right hand corner.

Copy your video.mp4 to the Video folder or SD card on your Archos via USB and then run the Video app to watch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tesla74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tesla74 Ad-Free
14th February 2011, 02:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
That's great. It is able to offer high output quality for playback on Archos
14th February 2011, 02:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4,307

More
I used to use this program with my PSP a few yrs ago. This time when I downloaded it, Kaspersky identified a a trojan. Has anyone else had that problem? I know Kaspersky sometimes misidentifies things, but still....
14th February 2011, 02:56 PM |#4  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha21

I used to use this program with my PSP a few yrs ago. This time when I downloaded it, Kaspersky identified a a trojan. Has anyone else had that problem? I know Kaspersky sometimes misidentifies things, but still....

For things like this, it will probably trigger a false positive. If your worried about it in a vm ware or something.

sent from nookcolor
14th February 2011, 03:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4,307

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitte

For things like this, it will probably trigger a false positive. If your worried about it in a vm ware or something.

sent from nookcolor

thanks for your reply
14th February 2011, 03:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice how-to-rip manual!

If you want to convert full hd videos or non supported audio/video files, I can recommend AVS Video Converter. It is very easy to use and the output (video) is great.

I use it to convert ripped (full hd) blu-rays, that usually have at least 5.1 audio, to a MP4 file with stereo sound.
16th February 2011, 11:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I normally use CloneDVDmobile but now I will have to give this a shot. Thanks
24th March 2011, 03:49 PM |#8  
Flag Lexington, TN

More
I've tried this software - videos look awesome but I have a disconnect between the audio and video... audio kicks in a bit before the picture... really odd.

Any one out there have a solution?
25th March 2011, 02:57 AM |#9  

More
Thank you Tesla74. This is one of the fastest ways to copy video's for the Archos 70 that I've found. One question? Have you or anyone on the forum found a way to save the settings to the selected or default profile? I have clicked on "Set as Default" but that appears to only save some of the conversion settings. I haven't figured out how to save the video effect settings. This would make converting a large library much easier. Thanks a bunch!
9th November 2011, 04:01 PM |#10  

More
Hello all, I am new to this forum and am looking forward to learning from the best! Here is my issue: I recently purchased the Archos gen8 101. My goal is to rip DVD to the tablet to view when on a plane. I have followed Tesla74 instuctions which were perfect for this Novice!!! LOL. My problem is, it is taking forever to rip and hasn't completed...i eventually get an error. I am trying again with different DVD and currently its been ripping for 2 hours and only at 16%. I have a Toshiba laptop/vista. (3yrs old) Also, I am really a novice so I appologize for any "wrong" terminalolgy. Hopefully I can get some direction on what to do.

I am also using DVDFAB to rip the DVD. I hope I have given enough of info. Thank you for any help you can give me.
9th November 2011, 09:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
The conversion is a very resource consuming thread and needs alot of processor power.

If your Toshiba has a nvidia graphiccard http://www.mediacoderhq.com/ might help you, othervise you have to find the right parameters for the conversion.

And yes, it can take a long time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)