FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22
 
By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 06:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2019, 12:20 AM |#19761  
kos25k's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
2+ years i have xiaomi redmi 4 prime. i prefer midrange phones. past 2 months i was using a redmi Note 5.But last days i reverted again to redmi 4 prime. big phones are [email protected] for me and my pocket. I am 100% happy with this brand.redmi will also be my next phone, because they are completed phones.i cant stand the fact of buying expensive phones with no fm radio, microSD, 3.5mm jack etc. next phone will be either xiaomi, asus or moto.
14th June 2019, 01:48 AM |#19762  
RdT21's Avatar
Member
Flag Puerto Princesa City
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

2+ years i have xiaomi redmi 4 prime. i prefer midrange phones. past 2 months i was using a redmi Note 5.But last days i reverted again to redmi 4 prime. big phones are [email protected] for me and my pocket. I am 100% happy with this brand.redmi will also be my next phone, because they are completed phones.i cant stand the fact of buying expensive phones with no fm radio, microSD, 3.5mm jack etc. next phone will be either xiaomi, asus or moto.

The asus zenphone m2 pro is ideal for you plus it has big battery and headphone jack and memory expansion. Better build than xiaomi imho as well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
19th June 2019, 12:41 PM |#19763  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I've been looking for a phone that meets all my requirements for months and am not getting anywhere. So I thought I'd ask you guys to suggest any models you think would be suitable. Here's what I want....
  • RGB LED notification light
  • Originally released with Android Pie (not simply upgradeable to it)
  • 128GB ROM and 6GB RAM or better
  • Flat (not curved) screen
  • No wider than 75mm
  • Not a Huawei/Honor device
  • Currently available or to be released by end of August 2019


Most modern phones fail to meet the LED criteria, which is a deal-breaker to me. The Asus Zenfone 6 comes very close but it only has an RG LED light.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
19th June 2019, 07:48 PM |#19764  
TheInfiniteAndroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambada24

I've been looking for a phone that meets all my requirements for months and am not getting anywhere. So I thought I'd ask you guys to suggest any models you think would be suitable. Here's what I want....

RGB LED notification light
Originally released with Android Pie (not simply upgradeable to it)
128GB ROM and 6GB RAM or better
Flat (not curved) screen
No wider than 75mm
Not a Huawei/Honor device
Currently available or to be released by end of August 2019



Most modern phones fail to meet the LED criteria, which is a deal-breaker to me. The Asus Zenfone 6 comes very close but it only has an RG LED light.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

You could get a Galaxy S10e & download a app that turns the camera hole punch in to a notification light?
19th June 2019, 07:55 PM |#19765  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

You could get a Galaxy S10e & download a app that turns the camera hole punch in to a notification light?


I have already considered doing that but apparently none of the major third party light apps works reliably with the S10E.
19th June 2019, 10:04 PM |#19766  
TheInfiniteAndroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambada24

I have already considered doing that but apparently none of the major third party light apps works reliably with the S10E.

Only other devices I can think of is the Sony Xperia 1 or LG G8 then...

Edit: G8 doesn't have a notification LED
19th June 2019, 10:14 PM |#19767  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

Only other devices I can think of is the Sony Xperia 1 or LG G8 then...

Haven't found any mentions of the LG G8 having a LED notification light. Can you point me somewhere?

The Xperia 1 is too pricey.
19th June 2019, 10:16 PM |#19768  
TheInfiniteAndroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambada24

Haven't found any mentions of the LG G8 having a LED notification light. Can you point me somewhere?

The Xperia 1 is too pricey.

Apologies the G8 doesn't have one, edited my post to correct it, out of ideas for you then sorry bud, good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheInfiniteAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheInfiniteAndroid Ad-Free
23rd June 2019, 07:09 PM |#19769  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Can anyone advise me?

I'm looking for a replacement for my s7 edge which I've dropped and smashed beyond repair.

Features I'd need are:

Wi-Fi calling on EE UK (this is vital)
Good community/roms/root options (stock android preferred)
Flat screen (not curved edge)
Notification LED if possible (though could live without if there's a suitable alternative)
Quick charge of some sort & relatively decent battery

Don't really want to spend massively but something mid range would be fine - particularly if I can pick it up second hand.

Any suggestions welcome!
23rd June 2019, 09:19 PM |#19770  
.vermilion's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Berlin
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshyoot

Can anyone advise me?

I'm looking for a replacement for my s7 edge which I've dropped and smashed beyond repair.

Features I'd need are:

Wi-Fi calling on EE UK (this is vital)
Good community/roms/root options (stock android preferred)
Flat screen (not curved edge)
Notification LED if possible (though could live without if there's a suitable alternative)
Quick charge of some sort & relatively decent battery

Don't really want to spend massively but something mid range would be fine - particularly if I can pick it up second hand.

Any suggestions welcome!

Maybe the OnePlus 7 will meet your requirements?
23rd June 2019, 09:27 PM |#19771  
kos25k's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
maybe a xiaomi redmi note 5.Development community is superb and Gcamera makes it better even from 500+ euros phones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes