36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 06:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th October 2019, 03:44 AM |#19881  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,080

More
What are you using now? Have you unlocked any bootloader's? Are you familiar with Knox? What are your goals on XDA?
30th October 2019, 03:54 AM |#19882  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 366

More
For my preference I chose the 7T over the S10. My wife has the S10.

The camera is better on the S10 in low light but in the day time it's about the same. The battery life is a little better on the S10 as well.

As far as the higher resolution screen that's honestly not noticeable. I think the 7t's screen might even be brighter than the S10 but I'll have to test it out again to make sure. I know it's definitely brighter than my coworkers Note 9.

The S10 has expandable memory this obviously doesn't.

For $600 this phone is a beast. We have the better processor, we will get updates a lot faster and we have a bigger screen. I'm happy with my purchase

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
30th October 2019, 09:16 AM |#19883  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys

What are you using now? Have you unlocked any bootloader's? Are you familiar with Knox? What are your goals on XDA?

I am using an old Samsung J- series phone ( i forgot which one ). And i have no idea what is knox, or how to unlock bootloader.. My goals on XDA is pretty much asking stuff idk.
30th October 2019, 10:47 AM |#19884  
Thanks Meter: 889

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanteoh1999

I am using an old Samsung J- series phone ( i forgot which one ). And i have no idea what is knox, or how to unlock bootloader.. My goals on XDA is pretty much asking stuff idk.

Knox is a pita security Samsung created for Enterprise security and it is a huge pain to deal with unless you have root. (But it does work as intended) Samsungs are different to root than regular Android like the 7t.

Bootloader is usually easy to unlock as fastboot OEM unlock bootloader and boom you can install recovery such as TWRP. Just depends on what you're looking to do.

I prefer Samsung personally but dropped them after they locked down the S7 Bootloader so no root for most people to this day.

Hope I at least helped you learn a little bit.
30th October 2019, 09:35 PM |#19885  
Thanks Meter: 151

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh McGrath

Knox is a pita security Samsung created for Enterprise security and it is a huge pain to deal with unless you have root. (But it does work as intended) Samsungs are different to root than regular Android like the 7t.

Bootloader is usually easy to unlock as fastboot OEM unlock bootloader and boom you can install recovery such as TWRP. Just depends on what you're looking to do.

I prefer Samsung personally but dropped them after they locked down the S7 Bootloader so no root for most people to this day.

Hope I at least helped you learn a little bit.

Agree.. there are root methods.. however it makes the phone get really hot.
1st November 2019, 10:39 PM |#19886  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi! I'm looking for a tablet to use as a dumb terminal. Ideally one that be flashed so that the camera work as a proximity sensor (not out of the box, probably would need development).

<100usd

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
1st November 2019, 11:14 PM |#19887  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Which Tablet is Rootable guys? Any brand,.. I think it is becoming difficult to root a tablet nowadays.

https://www.coolblue.nl/zoeken?query=android+tab
2nd November 2019, 01:44 AM |#19888  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I was talking with my nephew who in his twenties and since he into phones I asked him which I should get. My question to you guys would be if you had a choice which would you take, And, I mean the best bang for the dollar either Oneplus best over Google best over Samsung best? He said to me Samsung S10, what would you guys say? Thanks
2nd November 2019, 06:17 AM |#19889  
Thanks Meter: 1,802

More
looking for new replacement phone. am currently looking at the sony xperia z3. have researched the z3 compact , the z5 , the z5 compact and the xz.
why am i looking at such old phones you may wonder? or not. lol. i prefer Kk.
have to haves : external sdcard. root availability.
good processor and some custom development. (not a flashaholic........ anymore )
decent to good speakers , preferably stereo.
small , smallish size. (my moto e4 is 155×77.5×9.6mm-- 6.10×3.05×0.38in.) so smaller than that.
want to have : removable battery. but not a deal breaker.
dont care about : camera , dust/water proof , security updates , fingerptint scanner , latest and greatest ....... stuff.
would appreciate any input on this 'different' kind of list.
[emoji=Thanks]
2nd November 2019, 09:00 PM |#19890  

More
Hi all,

First time posting so please be gentle.

I've just hit my contract end with my current mobile phone provider (O2) and I'm struggling to decide what phone I should get next and whether it's worth going the 5G route?

My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (128GB model) and I'm currently looking at either the Oneplus 7T Pro or a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G but I'm absolutely torn as to which phone to go for?

I have major discount with most service providers due to my current job so money isn't too much of an issue.

Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
3rd November 2019, 12:40 PM |#19891  

More
Hi everybody
Could u help me choosing my next phone? I don t know if tale rog 2 or one plus 7 pro. Beside gaming, which one would u advice?
Moreover do u know if Asus will update rog Phone for a while or only since next rog? And will i found good ROM?
Last, but not least, thing. If someone got rog 1, could tell me if after a year the performance are the same ad before or worst?
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)