[DISCUSSION] 10.5.A.0.30 android 4.4.2 bugs and errors

Search This thread

Krashtan

Jun 4, 2012
Hi there i have open this thread for the new firmware so we can discuss it.

So far I´m really disappointed with overall rom speed and its lags here and there. Another thing is battery drain by google apps wakelocks.
On screen time is not impresive either. I know it is still early to judge this rom, but this is my opinion from using this rom for more than day.

How are you people happy with this update?

lehoaitam

May 22, 2011
Ben Tre

So far I´m really disappointed with overall rom speed and its lags here and there. Another thing is battery drain by google apps wakelocks.
On screen time is not impresive either. I know it is still early to judge this rom, but this is my opinion from using this rom for more than day.

Really need update to version 4.4.2 this. It's quite a lag when in settings

Last edited:

Torres77an

Jul 8, 2011
Burnaby BC

That didn't make any sense.

Sent from my C6506 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

What the F that was the wrong quote

Sent from my C6506 using xda app-developers app

Jaycel0820

Aug 30, 2012
manila
maybe ill just wait the fix for this before I update my ZL , maybe ill stay in 4.3 until they release the fix

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
So... Basically, it looks great..
But, there's a lag issue... When u pull the notification bar, and on app drawer (can be fix by hard reset)...
I flash c6506 on my c6502 and still looks great !
My score: 8.8/10

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

katananja

May 16, 2013
São Paulo
Some say that it's necessary to reset the phone after the update to fix the screen lag issue, also, try to activate the GPU acceleration.

VenQWish

Jan 8, 2010
Yeah, it's laggy in when scrolling in settings, forcing GPU rendering fixed that. Also it seems to charge much slower than 4.3. I had the same issue (slow charging) when I was on AOSP. Not sure if I will revert yet...

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I haven't actually performed a reset - mine was a 101 4.3 upgrade... and I need to try doing a full reset...

I've noticed a lag at times with turning the screen back on... (sometimes it takes longer to turn back on...), I've had issues with the "acore" process crashing... but from what I've read that's likely another application... probably something that would be resolved with a reset/wipe, I've also had issues with spontaneous reboots... and I know yesterday was having it show that I'd been on "battery " for ~ 2 minutes when I'd been at my kid's soccer game for an hour or so and on battery the entire time... could be a bbs issue, could be a wipe issue... I had also experienced lag in some parts of settings...

Most everything else seemed ok... but at this point, I've rolled back to an asop 4.4.2... (I found that I had to roll my baseband back to 101 to have an asop 4.4.2 rom get cellular connectivity again...)

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

gabrielmop

Jan 10, 2013
Tremembé
Mine got many many bugs, but the Brazillian rom is known for this kind of bugs such as:
Lockscreen got no wallpaper and get FC all the time
so much battery drain
No bootanimation
very laggy
Mobile data always on status bar, even if i am at Wifi
Didn't see the option to change for ART (idk if it's a bug)
Laggy on some games like DH 4 and Injustice

Adilson Casula

Mine got many many bugs, but the Brazillian rom is known for this kind of bugs such as:
so much battery drain
No bootanimation
very laggy

I think the data icon is normal. it doens't show traffic. try switch between data-wifi to see the change.
but here, those other things works. It's only slow when backing from lock screen to main screen

Reactions: gabrielmop

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
so much battery drain
No bootanimation
very laggy

Have u tried wiping data .. Lag and battery drain due to Google app wakelocks is a known issue but the rest not heard of

Reactions: gabrielmop

ruzainiizuan

Dec 8, 2013
I'm using generic us for my c6502...the battery was pretty great...I got 3hr screen on time and still have 25% battery left...I only face the setting lag problem...

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk

gabrielmop

Jan 10, 2013
Tremembé
Have u tried wiping data .. Lag and battery drain due to Google app wakelocks is a known issue but the rest not heard of

i still not wipe 'cause i can't backup my apps since i got no Root for 4.4, i'm thinking about flashing a nordic rom over mine now, just to get see if get better performance, my rom is TIM carried, so got many bloatware and craps i will never use

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

I think the data icon is normal. it doens't show traffic. try switch between data-wifi to see the change.
but here, those other things works. It's only slow when backing from lock screen to main screen

But on 4.3 the data icon do not apear when i'm on wifi or with data trafic disabled, it starts to happen when i'm on KK, i see this on 4.3 update on Xperia M. maybe gets normal for new updates?

VenQWish

Jan 8, 2010
i still not wipe 'cause i can't backup my apps since i got no Root for 4.4, i'm thinking about flashing a nordic rom over mine now, just to get see if get better performance, my rom is TIM carried, so got many bloatware and craps i will never use

Why not use the built in backup and restore? For me it works perfectly...

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Mine is still laggy....
Already reset, and forcing GPU rendering....

You need to kill the settings from the task manager after forcing the GPU rendering to make it apply correctly.

Notarzt23

Dec 24, 2010
Kassel
Does anyone else have a huge battery drain?

I had to charge my phone twice today with a screen on time of one and a half hours. That's almost half of what I got before. No mather if it was Cm11 or Stock Rom 4.3!

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

DavOmar05

May 23, 2014
Battery drain

Does anyone else have a huge battery drain?

I had to charge my phone twice today with a screen on time of one and a half hours. That's almost half of what I got before. No mather if it was Cm11 or Stock Rom 4.3!

Me too, I have the 4.4 Stock Rom of Generic USA and Google Services are using 73% of my phone's battery. My phone now needs around 4 hours to have 100% of charge :(

Any idea of how to fix this?

Reactions: Notarzt23

Notarzt23

Dec 24, 2010
Kassel
Me too, I have the 4.4 Stock Rom of Generic USA and Google Services are using 73% of my phone's battery. My phone now needs around 4 hours to have 100% of charge :(

Any idea of how to fix this?

Same thing for me... I think I might have to downgrade. What device version do you have? Where are you from?

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lags fixed on SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk

on my C6502 is working great , only isue was lag on setting, but its solved with force GPU rendering. :good:

For those who are facing lags on SystemUI.apk and/or Settings.apk, here are both fixed apks, but just install them with provided services.jar too in which superuser mod is enabled by default, so you will get bootboop and/or apks fc'ing. They are deodexed, so if you push them to a odexed fw, remember to delete also: SystemUI.odex, Settings.odex and services.odex

You can turn Force GPU rendering off again!!!

Do it manually (zip is not flashable one)!!

Do not install them without superuser mod (provided here or previously installed - Xperia Xposed (KK) module enables it by default, in case you are using it)!
    Try at your own risk!!
    New update :)

2qbrtix.jpg
    Has anyone manged to get the AOSP lockscreen working with additional lockscreen ring targets? Gravitybox does seem to work way worse than on 4.3. I can't use the Gravitybox flashlight on either lockscreen hold or on Navigation bar targets.

edit: tried to activate the AOSP lockscreen with deleting the apk in /system/xyz and with the Xposed modules Xperia Xposed and/or GEM Xperia Xposed.
    I'm working on that right now, and Xperia Xposed v2.5 is about to be released with all KK known issues fixed (and new features too)!

@niaboc79
    Edit: Done, take a look!!
    Battery life update for kitkat

I am also now victim of the dreaded google services battery drain issue :(

However, I found a workaround. From various posts, I thought that problem is only if one needs access to location constantly. At few places, people also mentioned that 'device only' mode or 'location off' resolves the problem. I did not get anywhere exact behavior and proper explanation of the problem. So I am trying to explain it here.

I kept the location off initially, and there was no battery drain, in fact battery life was much better than the JB.
    However, I started google maps once and enabled high accuracy location once and then after that, my phone was not able to sleep. As you can see from the screenshot, after the short gps activity bar, phone is awake for all the time for next 3-4 hours.

When phone was all the time awake after that, I tried different things like location - device only mode, disabling location and making location on and off multiple times. Nothing helped, phone was constantly awake and battery was draining fast.

After this, I restarted my phone(you can see vertical line break in the screenshot) with location off. After the restart however, phone could go into sleep and no more awake(please refer screenshot). Problem solved!

So my conclusion is, when facing battery drain, turn off location and restart device. This would solve the problem. Note that 'only' turning off location does NOT resolve this problem. You need phone restart after disabling location.
    Kitkat as such is stable but once you start location/gps, phone would never sleep until you restart.

For me this workaround is acceptable as I use GPS once in a while only. And use maps only once in a while for navigation. So if you want to go to kitkat, see if you can compromise on GPS use. Else JB is your best option right now. Third option is to disable google services which is the worst option in my opinion.

Advantages of Kitkat is, it has very good battery life mostly because of batching of data transfers. I would say around 10-15% SOT increase.

Hope this helps at least a few people who are confused about upgrading to kitkat.
    • Sound lag is due to activating GPU acceleration
    • On my phone the GUI lags are gone after a couple of time and reboots
    • battery drain, is due to wake locks caused by the Google location service. This problem also occurs on the Google Nexus 5. So its more related to KitKat and Google Play service then to the Sony firmware. So I don't think we will see a fix any soon.