Windows Phone Update Feb 21st

Search This thread

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
Who wants to bet that this Update to the updating software will deliver a big fat nuke to our HD2s ?

Na, im sure it will be fine but i will be watching very carfully, because at the moment it all seems far to good to be true! happy days, im not exactly sure i know what i want fixed yet anyway as everything is fine, perhaps those random Market errors we sometimes get, but it would seem that, we'll need to wait a wee bit longer

JosepHenry

Dec 16, 2010
I have the ability to update my phone and I know the site stated that this one will "...improve the software update process itself" Im not going to update until I know what exactly this update has in store besides what the site said it was for. Could this update even possibly fix the hole that allows chevron to work or will that be fixed in the in the March update?

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
Probably to close the chevron security hole :) no new updates after this and everybody is screwed. Or a lot of greatness to come quicly after this one :)

Co2_13

Jul 23, 2008
Update Error

There was an error bla bla bla

We couldnt backup your phone because your phone registry settings are incoorect

Error Code

:-(
I use XBmod-WP7-V1.04b

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
Update Error

There was an error bla bla bla

We couldnt backup your phone because your phone registry settings are incoorect

Error Code

:-(
I use XBmod-WP7-V1.04b
Haha that will be ****. Used chevron? Than its really bye bye homebrew apps after this update

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
I am not interested in what will happen when you install it , I want to have that update (the file , cappkg or something like that)

ps , it will not work on a hd2 because there are missing parts of the rom needed by the update.

Co2_13

Jul 23, 2008
Well, I just read this is just a small update to prepare the update process itself ...
So it gives Microsoft some experience on updating their devices
AND
It will also give our chefs some experiences to make their own ROM updatable LOL :)

D

Deleted member 2842059

Stupid question: Why is this not an OTA? I have no computer to hook into...

cbebop7

Dec 11, 2010
lol... no love for Samsung Focus ....yet;)

edit: hmm.. DVP and HD7 have received it, seems like ATT might be upto something:(

Top Liked Posts