Echo on calls using Aux-in cable

Search This thread

shirazs

Feb 13, 2011
I connect my Note 3 to my car's Aux-In using a standard Aux-In cable. When speaking on the phone, I hear the person I'm speaking to perfectly clear through my car's speakers. However, they hear an echo in my voice, which lessens if I turn down the volume. I understand this to be an issue with noise cancellation. However, I'm a little baffled that with my Note 2 (and previously HTC One, Note 1), using exactly the same cable and in the same car, I didn't have this issue. Are there any software solutions (app or settings) - I am rooted and using Stock Touchwiz 4.4.2. Alternatively, can someone recommend a cable that would work without this echo issue.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I connect my Note 3 to my car's Aux-In using a standard Aux-In cable. When speaking on the phone, I hear the person I'm speaking to perfectly clear through my car's speakers. However, they hear an echo in my voice, which lessens if I turn down the volume. I understand this to be an issue with noise cancellation. However, I'm a little baffled that with my Note 2 (and previously HTC One, Note 1), using exactly the same cable and in the same car, I didn't have this issue. Are there any software solutions (app or settings) - I am rooted and using Stock Touchwiz 4.4.2. Alternatively, can someone recommend a cable that would work without this echo issue.

Thanks!

I do not think it is from the cable - have you tried (in call settings somewhere) to change the call sound effect to something else? And of course the Noise reduction checkbox!?

Reactions: shirazs

shirazs

Feb 13, 2011
I do not think it is from the cable - have you tried (in call settings somewhere) to change the call sound effect to something else? And of course the Noise reduction checkbox!?

Thanks, no luck with settings, can't toggle noise reduction once the aux-in cable is connected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!