FORUMS

[ROM][3-15-2011]TPC Inspire 4g Stock ROM Optimized v2|OC|HSUPA|No Bloat

4,055 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By twopumpchump, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator on 7th March 2011, 12:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2011, 12:56 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 487

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxfan

I had the same problem as you using Win 7 x64. You have to go into device manager and manually update the driver from there. Hope this helps

But which should i update, 3 "devices" appear, check it out:

29th April 2011, 03:12 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QUOTE=Chad_Petree;13300620]But which should i update, 3 "devices" appear, check it out:

My htc is the one you want
29th April 2011, 03:51 AM |#1003  

More
[QUOTE=Duxfan;13302491]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree

But which should i update, 3 "devices" appear, check it out:

My htc is the one you want

when i try to update them it says the drivers are up to date
29th April 2011, 07:56 AM |#1004  
Flag 41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Thanks Meter: 1,212

Donate to Me
More
Try hacking the phone and see if it works. If you run into problems you can always uninstall the drivers manually and reinstall them but it may work for you. The sync drivers have worked for me on win 7 64. Make sure you run as admin and antivirus software is off.
29th April 2011, 03:21 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
APN settings
Since I rooted the phone, installed this, and only this ROM, and reflashed the stock radio, my download and upload speeds were 300-500kbps up and 100-120kbps down.

Today, i remembered something about APN settings and noticed that I have two locked APN's, MEdia Net and MMS with MEdia Net selected. I do not have the option to select MMS.

I created a new APN following this thread,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=build.prop with the following properties;
Name: MYAPN
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: [email protected]
Password: CINGULAR1
MMSC: <not set>
MMS proxy: <not set>
MCC: xxx (Don't change this number!!! It should be set for your market automatically)
MNC: xxx (Don't change this number!!! It should be set for your market automatically)
APN type: default,mms,supl
Everything else: <Not set>

I am now getting speeds 1100-1500kbps down and 300-350kbps up

I am estatic that I can now get better download speeds, but they do not compare with others that I have read.
I was hoping someone, like DeathMonkeyGTX, would post their APN settings.

Thanks!
29th April 2011, 04:04 PM |#1006  
New York
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Keep in mind that APN settings are only part of the equation. Your area has a lot to do with it. Don't drive yourself crazy with data speeds many have and many more will

Sent from Desire HD or Inspire 4G or whatever this thing is called via premium XDA app.
29th April 2011, 05:54 PM |#1007  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_2

Try hacking the phone and see if it works. If you run into problems you can always uninstall the drivers manually and reinstall them but it may work for you. The sync drivers have worked for me on win 7 64. Make sure you run as admin and antivirus software is off.

i managed to have s-off with the hack kit v11 and the htc sync drivers , im currently running this rom, its amazing guys! great work, not having at &t's bloatware and no adds makes this rom awesome! , one thing i notticed is that when i use wifi the 3g icon still does not dissapear, anyone else having this issue? i have restarted the phone several times to see if it goes away but no luck so far
29th April 2011, 06:14 PM |#1008  
New York
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree

i managed to have s-off with the hack kit v11 and the htc sync drivers , im currently running this rom, its amazing guys! great work, not having at &t's bloatware and no adds makes this rom awesome! , one thing i notticed is that when i use wifi the 3g icon still does not dissapear, anyone else having this issue? i have restarted the phone several times to see if it goes away but no luck so far

That's normal. No need you use your wireless data when you're on wifi. Save those megabytes

Sent from Desire HD or Inspire 4G or whatever this thing is called via premium XDA app.
29th April 2011, 07:06 PM |#1009  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrs421

That's normal. No need you use your wireless data when you're on wifi. Save those megabytes

no, thats the weird thing, the 3g icon SHOULD dissapear , but it looks like it still working when i use wifi, it should be disabled automatically :/
29th April 2011, 07:13 PM |#1010  
Flag 41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Thanks Meter: 1,212

Donate to Me
More
Is it the H+ with check mark symbol? If that is what you are referring to then that is normal as Irs said. There will always be a symbol showing on any rom because you are connected to your carrier to receive calls and such but if you have the wifi symbol showing then you are actually using wifi instead of data from your carrier. You can monitor your usage with an app like Phone Usage.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App.
29th April 2011, 07:55 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
will the just now released HTC/ATT rom update work on this ROM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
inspire, rooted, stock rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)