[ODIN][TAR] Verizon SCH-I545 4.2.2 Emergency No-Wipe and Full-Wipe

Search This thread

mcbeat257

May 8, 2014
Fairfax
Google Pixel 6 Pro
DO NOT FLASH IF YOUR ON MDK AND WISH TO RETAIN YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY! THIS WILL REMOVE THE LOKI EXPLOIT!

The credit of this exploit goes to the Dark Menace. If you would like to ask a question, please feel free to PM DarkMenace.​

Information:
Download Odin 3.07 here

Download: VRUAMDK No-Wipe.tar.zip

Download: VRUFNC5 Full-Wipe Verizon SCH-I545 4.2.2 562219 Stock Restore.tar.md5

Directions:

No-Wipe
1. Download and install if needed the Samsung USB v1.5x Drivers and reboot if prompted.(If phone isn't recognized you can try the v1.4x drivers.)
2. Download and extract ODIN v3.07.
3. Download and extract with winzip or my favorite winrar the VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.zip Factory Image (modified with No-Wipe).
4. Boot phone into ODIN mode (power off the phone, then press and hold Vol Down + Power then press Vol Up).
5. Connect your device using the provided USB cable and wait till the ID:COM port at Odin turns blue and you see “Added!!” on the message box. This shows that the connection between Odin and your device has been established.
6. Flash the VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.md5 Factory Image using ODIN v3.07 ***in PDA section only***.
7. You should now be able to boot back to Android and all your data should be intact exactly as it was.

Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)
1. Download the full wipe files in the downloads section.
2. Download Odin 3.07
3. Download and install if needed the Samsung USB v1.5x Drivers (If phone isn't recognized you can try the v1.4x drivers.)
4. Turn off the device and boot it into Download/Odin Mode. Here is the method: press and hold the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for 2-3 seconds till you see a warning screen. Now press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode
5. Go to your Odin folder and launch Odin 3.07.
6. Connect your device using the provided USB cable and wait till the ID:COM port at Odin turns blue and you see “Added!!” on the message box. This shows that the connection between Odin and your device has been established
7. Now click on the PDA button, navigate to the firmware folder and select the file SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5.gz
8. Then click on the PIT button, navigate to the PIT folder and select the file SCH-I545.pit
9. Make sure that Re-Partition and F Reset Time is selected on Odin. Also, do not forget to uncheck the Auto Reboot options
10. When you are sure that everything has been done correctly, click the Start button on Odin
11. Doing this will start the installation and it might take about 5-10 minutes to complete
12. When you see the PASS! message on Odin, disconnect the USB cable and close Odin
13. Now remove the back cover on your device and pull out the battery. Wait for about 1 minute and then place the battery back to its place.
14. Boot your Galaxy S4 into Android System Recovery mode: hold Volume Up+Home+Power keys together till the screen turns up and the Samsung logo blinks twice. Then release the Power button but keep Volume Up and Home keys pressed till you see the recovery menu. In recovery mode use the volume keys to scroll and power button to select options
15. Go to “wipe data/factory reset” option and wipe it
16. Then “wipe cache partition”
17. Finally, go to “reboot system now” and select it
18. Your Galaxy S4 will boot now. Usually, it takes a longer time than usual to boot the device, so wait patiently till you see the Welcome Set Up screen. You know well what to do here.

Reactions: budies3 and swc2001

swc2001

Dec 9, 2010
Can I use the No Wipe on my phone as is on MJ7? I have also blocked OTA and Frozen all Knox software. I have also put on the WiFi Hotspot toggle with other Toggles. Will I be able to use the NO WIPE version as is or do I need to undo all of this stuff first?
After you have done the NO WIPE will it retain root, as well as Safestrap 3.71?

Sorry for the shot gun of questions.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Can I use the No Wipe on my phone as is on MJ7? I have also blocked OTA and Frozen all Knox software. I have also put on the WiFi Hotspot toggle with other Toggles. Will I be able to use the NO WIPE version as is or do I need to undo all of this stuff first?
After you have done the NO WIPE will it retain root, as well as Safestrap 3.71?

Sorry for the shot gun of questions.

If you're on MJ7, you can't use these. They're the MDK build, android 4.2.2. Your phone already has android 4.3, and the bootloader won't allow you to downgrade.

kfres39389

Nov 20, 2011
Albuquerque
If you're on MJ7, you can't use these. They're the MDK build, android 4.2.2. Your phone already has android 4.3, and the bootloader won't allow you to downgrade.

Not if he's running all of those on a modded rom. I had all of that stuff on my MK2 rom. Although he couldn't have downgraded, he seems to be concerned with making absolutely certain that Verizon has as little control as possible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tclarkey

Nov 27, 2010
Oswego, IL
I upgraded to VRUFNC5 and wow do I want to go back so I can get root again. I saw your earlier post about not being able to since the bootloader will not allow to downgrade.

My question is, won't Odin put a new image on the phone, everything included? Or does Odin just put a new system image on the phone and the bootloader is separate?

Thanks for lesson in advance....

swc2001

Dec 9, 2010
I am such a moron.... lol. I somehow thought this was to upgrade to kitkat. Derp!
Well is there something like this that will allow us to upgrade to kitkat.... ie no wiping :)

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Not if he's running all of those on a modded rom. I had all of that stuff on my MK2 rom. Although he couldn't have downgraded, he seems to be concerned with making absolutely certain that Verizon has as little control as possible.

If he's running a modded ROM, he's running the MDK bootloader. Or, Safestrap. These are not safestrap-compatible.

Narc0lept1cN1nja

Apr 12, 2011
+1 in desperate need!

Check out Surges thread here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172
I'm on my phone and could be missing something in this thread, and don't want to give you the wrong files.

These are the NC5 wipe Odin Tars that I uploaded as a torrent, because I kept getting errors when I was extracting the archives. I have both the Wipe and Non-Wipe files in it. https://www.demonoid.ph/files/details/3024298/48033544/

RK KINGKONG

May 26, 2011
Paterson,N.J
tried to upgrade a rom, no wifi , bad problem and lost

Android , 4.3 , I545VRUFNC5 , KERNEL 3.4.0 BUILD JSS15J.1545VRUEMK2

using this
Downgrade_I545VRUEMK2_old , JFLTE_USA_VZW_16G.pit , plus this VRUFNC5_Rooted_Stock-v2 , to get me where i am ...

but still no WiFi

this all happened after trying to upgrade a rom ... i ended up with a rom and no wifi , and since im not on a contract , i need the WiFi i tried gogolies-wififix-VZW-FN2-NC2-w-modules-SS.zip , but no go

so im lost now i once had

VZW S4 SCHi545, Android 4.4.2, Baseband NC5, Kernel 3.4.2

I rooted using towelroot, installed Supersu, terminal, busybox and safestrap 3.7.2

Rooting process went flawlessly. Used safestrap to flash Hyperdrive 17.1, which also went flawlessly.

Wifi did not work, which I expected because I read before flashing.

I downloaded gogolies NC2 fix, NC5 fix, VZW modules, etc etc etc. Tried numerous ways top get them installed without success.

So now I have 2 acceptable options...
#1 get wifi working
#2 revert to my backup

Currently, I have 2 issues, because I can't do either of those things above.

#1 Safestrap won't run (details follow)

#2 - Every time I try to install any of the gogolies zips I get # footer is wrong and # signature verification errors. Unknown sources is enabled, verify apps is off (I tried with it on and off). I'm using CWM from the Hyperdrive reboot to recovery menu to install the zips, because #1...

ive tired this and other tars ive forgotten which but this one did not work

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 389

Theericgames

Aug 12, 2013
Espaillat
Error

When Verizon SCH-I545 put 562 219 4.2.2 Stock Restore.tar.md5 in PDA, get this:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> Verizon SCH-I545 4.2.2 562219 Stock Restore.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

Reactions: gardelc163

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT FLASH IF YOUR ON MDK AND WISH TO RETAIN YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY! THIS WILL REMOVE THE LOKI EXPLOIT!

The credit of this exploit goes to the Dark Menace. If you would like to ask a question, please feel free to PM DarkMenace.​

Information:
    Download Odin 3.07 here

Download: VRUAMDK No-Wipe.tar.zip

Download: VRUFNC5 Full-Wipe Verizon SCH-I545 4.2.2 562219 Stock Restore.tar.md5

Directions:

No-Wipe
    1. Download and install if needed the Samsung USB v1.5x Drivers and reboot if prompted.(If phone isn't recognized you can try the v1.4x drivers.)
    2. Download and extract ODIN v3.07.
    3. Download and extract with winzip or my favorite winrar the VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.zip Factory Image (modified with No-Wipe).
    4. Boot phone into ODIN mode (power off the phone, then press and hold Vol Down + Power then press Vol Up).
    5. Connect your device using the provided USB cable and wait till the ID:COM port at Odin turns blue and you see “Added!!” on the message box. This shows that the connection between Odin and your device has been established.
    6. Flash the VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.md5 Factory Image using ODIN v3.07 ***in PDA section only***.
    7. You should now be able to boot back to Android and all your data should be intact exactly as it was.

Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)
    1. Download the full wipe files in the downloads section.
    2. Download Odin 3.07
    3. Download and install if needed the Samsung USB v1.5x Drivers (If phone isn't recognized you can try the v1.4x drivers.)
    4. Turn off the device and boot it into Download/Odin Mode. Here is the method: press and hold the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for 2-3 seconds till you see a warning screen. Now press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode
    5. Go to your Odin folder and launch Odin 3.07.
    6. Connect your device using the provided USB cable and wait till the ID:COM port at Odin turns blue and you see “Added!!” on the message box. This shows that the connection between Odin and your device has been established
    7. Now click on the PDA button, navigate to the firmware folder and select the file SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5.gz
    8. Then click on the PIT button, navigate to the PIT folder and select the file SCH-I545.pit
    9. Make sure that Re-Partition and F Reset Time is selected on Odin. Also, do not forget to uncheck the Auto Reboot options
    10. When you are sure that everything has been done correctly, click the Start button on Odin
    11. Doing this will start the installation and it might take about 5-10 minutes to complete
    12. When you see the PASS! message on Odin, disconnect the USB cable and close Odin
    13. Now remove the back cover on your device and pull out the battery. Wait for about 1 minute and then place the battery back to its place.
    14. Boot your Galaxy S4 into Android System Recovery mode: hold Volume Up+Home+Power keys together till the screen turns up and the Samsung logo blinks twice. Then release the Power button but keep Volume Up and Home keys pressed till you see the recovery menu. In recovery mode use the volume keys to scroll and power button to select options
    15. Go to “wipe data/factory reset” option and wipe it
    16. Then “wipe cache partition”
    17. Finally, go to “reboot system now” and select it
    18. Your Galaxy S4 will boot now. Usually, it takes a longer time than usual to boot the device, so wait patiently till you see the Welcome Set Up screen. You know well what to do here.
    Error

When Verizon SCH-I545 put 562 219 4.2.2 Stock Restore.tar.md5 in PDA, get this:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
    <OSM> Verizon SCH-I545 4.2.2 562219 Stock Restore.tar.md5 is invalid.
    <OSM> End...