Ruggedized battery cover

Search This thread

vin791

Mar 11, 2011
Seattle, WA
They do look nice.... but to be honest, if it's actually silicon.... i dunno if i'd want it. That's basically my issue with the Otterbox cases. That outside cover attracts dust from alternate dimensions of your pocket. I can't imagine what the rugged battery cover might look like if it's the same material.

you know theres an infinite number of different silicones right?

also, i never understood why otterbox switched the silicone to the outside. how asinine

Ciloteille

Nov 30, 2010
Portland
maybe you can try this GlobalDirectParts which available with the ruggedized motorola mb860 battery cover, in stock and only sold at $17.99.

by the way,according to the exclusive news, this OEM Motorola ATRIX 4G, MB860 Battery cover with Leather Case is limited version.

have a try!
Remember kids, GlobalDirectParts.com does "bulk" orders. So if you wanted new backplate expect to buy 2 of them. Include the second one as a chew toy for your pet.

I wanted to get a backplate for my defy, and atrix, but they say minimum purchase for 2.

OSNPA

Apr 13, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I found a store through Amazon 'hard2find' that claimed to have the 89490N (blue) in stock for $20.79 shipped on Monday the 11th. I ordered, and noticed they quoted 3 days of additional handling time. 3 days plus later, says it's shipping soon. Perhaps they expected to have them around the 15th. They weren't up on the 10th, and they were gone later in the day on the 11th. Amazon now lists them as out of stock available with amazon prime, seems to be fulfilled by Amazon rather than affiliate.

OSNPA

Apr 13, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
UPDATE: order was placed with Amazon on the 11th, shipping date was given as 13th-14th, delivery date was given as 18th-21st. I emailed the vendor last night, the 14th, to inquire about shipping status. I received a response that it would be shipped on the 19th, and was asked if that is acceptable? I told them I didn't care when it was shipped, I cared when it was delivered, so please expedite shipping. I kindly pointed out that I was guessing a lot of stores would have these available next week, and I was reluctant to pre-order, but they were showing them as in stock. In other words, I realize you said you had them in stock when you really didn't, hook me up. I guess the point is, they are coming very soon.

GoodFoot

Mar 30, 2011
I found a store through Amazon 'hard2find' that claimed to have the 89490N (blue) in stock for $20.79 shipped on Monday the 11th. I ordered, and noticed they quoted 3 days of additional handling time. 3 days plus later, says it's shipping soon. Perhaps they expected to have them around the 15th. They weren't up on the 10th, and they were gone later in the day on the 11th. Amazon now lists them as out of stock available with amazon prime, seems to be fulfilled by Amazon rather than affiliate.
I don't see this item in the hard2find merchant store on Amazon. The only listing for 89490N I see on Amazon says "usually ships in 1 to 2 months". Can you point to the URL of the product listing you ordered?

OSNPA

Apr 13, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Like I said, the listing for 'hard2find' was only up for a short period on April 11th. Now that link - product # B004TGIJSG- takes me to the amazon prime listing. I don't have enough posts to put up a link, but this is from my orders list:

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Motorola 89490N Rugged Battery Door for Motorola Atrix (Motorola retail packaging) 1 Pack-Carrying Case-Retail Packaging-Black/Blue [Wireless Phone Accessory]
Condition: New
Sold by: hard2find (seller profile)
$20.79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item(s) Subtotal: $20.79
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $20.79
Sales Tax: $0.00
-----
Total for This Shipment: $20.79

gerbick

Aug 7, 2010
I ordered via hard2find as well when it was available on Amazon (no longer the case from that vendor)... no date on the shipping yet either. Thanks for the updates OSNPA. I'll be doing the same - inquiring for updates and/or expedited shipping.

theonedub

Dec 27, 2007
If someone gets this case and doesn't need the dock adapter its supposed to come with, I would like to buy it from you.

Sent from my Atrix

GoodFoot

Mar 30, 2011
I just pre-ordered one from MobileCityOnline.com. The site says expected arrival date of April 18 (which presumably means arrival at their warehouse). However, I'm skeptical any place in the US will have them that soon. Motorola's own web site doesn't even list these rugged doors yet.

OSNPA

Apr 13, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I agree, I am a little surprised Moto isn't advertising the crap out of a case that works with the docks, since they pimp the docks hard. Amazon shows the case as 'usually ships in 1 to 2 months.'

shanghei

Oct 21, 2008
mobile city online now shows release day as the 21st, originally said 18, I don't understand why this case wasn't released same time as the phone.

samarth1

Dec 17, 2008
Stamford, CT
Shipped today

Mine has just shipped today from Red Tag Cellular. I ordered the blue one, came out to $22.78 with shipping, USPS first class mail with delivery confirmation. There's only one choice of shipping you can choose when you checkout, FYI.

Status Update (4/20): Bad news folks. Red Tag Cellular apparently had some ongoing problems with its PayPal payment system and has cancelled my order and refunded the amount. My search for the case continues...

Last edited:

mrinternet

Jun 2, 2007
ATRIX - Hey folks (and folketes ??) I am trying to buy a rubberized battery cover for mine, delivery to me here in Australia (yeah yeah g'day) :) . No luck so far no one ships here. Anyone ordered outside my old homeland of the U S A?? I am in no hurry ... delivery tomorrow is fine ;-)

PS I note some folks refer to the Atrix as the Atrix and others the MB860 (the actual model of course)... is there a reason ... #justAsking
regards,

@mr_mrinternet - follow me if you dare

OSNPA

Apr 13, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
UPDATE: Store 'hard2find' emailed me over the weekend telling me their shipments from Motorola were delayed and they don't yet know when they will be in, they would update me Monday. They did not. I informed them that they lied about 'in stock' availability and am cancelling order through amazon. Card hasn't been charged yet because the store didn't send Amazon shipping information yet.

Last edited:

lsxrx7

Feb 24, 2010
Mine has just shipped today from Red Tag Cellular. I ordered the blue one, came out to $22.78 with shipping, USPS first class mail with delivery confirmation. There's only one choice of shipping you can choose when you checkout, FYI.

please take pics of the actually item and post them here

madquack

May 12, 2010
So did anyone actually receive their battery cover yet?

Last edited:

noxlord

Apr 4, 2011
Xperia XZ2
There is a lot of people waiting for their order and probably just as much people waiting for reviews and pics before they buy one. :D

madquack

May 12, 2010
There is a lot of people waiting for their order and probably just as much people waiting for reviews and pics before they buy one. :D

You can say that again! I have tried so many cases, most of them being to large (otterbox impact/commuter/defender), body glove is too shiny, I want something like the body glove but not shiny. And with better grip, a rubberized battery cover would be perfect!

_Dennis_

Update on aftermarketcellular. So far no communication from them on shipping date or delays or anything. I just wanted to post that I think I was screwed.

On a good note I opened a dispute with paypal against aftermarketcellular. I hope I either get my money back or I get my cover.

Moral of the story, stay away from these guys I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered on 4/26 at around 12 ~ 1pm. It was the morning of the 27th in China. My invoice is dated the 27th. I chose the mid tier FedEx shipping, adding $19 to the total, I think. I live in the pacific northwest, so it probably just got flown straight in. There's a pretty big FedEx complex near here. :D

Anyway, it got delivered this morning around 8am. That's some serious turnaround time. I'm very impressed.
    As for the case, it's nice. It's not silicone-y. It's smooth rubber. Good grip without sticking to you.It adds a tiny bit of bulk, but not much. It fits nicely in the car dock once the thin insert is removed. It fully covers the sides, and provides the slightest extra lip to the front face. It interfere at all with the fingerprint scanner. It fully covers the volume buttons, and has cutouts for the headphone jack and usb/hdmi ports. The latter is where my only gripe comes. This section is very flimsy and doesn't hold against the phone as tight as the rest of the case. This is a minor annoyance at best, though.

Here's what you came for:

wakvIl.jpg

fOLral.jpg

EO6i1l.jpg

XlAqFl.jpg

oRB9rl.jpg
    Ok so I was asked to update this post. Some of the information found throughout the thread is below:

The battery cover can be found at: cnn.cn
    (thank you NoNameAtAll from this post)
    The cnn.cn part is just the case, no retail packaging (ie. no media dock adapter.)

jjwatmyself in post says that you remove the insert in the car dock and it will fit the atrix with the battery cover.

digital.aaron in post has some pictures with the cover on the phone.

jjwatmyself has some pictures here.

digital.aaron says in this post: it's very different from Otterbox's rubber. It hasn't picked up any fuzz from my pocket, and I've got on fleece sweatpants. Used to be a nightmare for my 'Box'd iPhone.

Some problems people were are having, the sides are flimsy (you get used to this) and the different colors seem to have different textures.

=============OLD POST===========================
    I bought the atrix from AT&T and I ordered a ruggedized battery cover from some website for $30 w/ shipping. My question is as I have neither yet, does anyone have the cover and is it good? Does it feel like it will protect the phone a bit and help hold the phone in the hand?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Anyone in the UK got one of these for sale (pref blue) or know where i can get hold of one?

Just replaced my digitizer and dont want to have to do that again!

Thanks
    I have one here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1476157&highlight=atrix+4g+with+docks , scroll to the bottom.
    I could ship it to UK. PM me and we'll talk.
    Got my adapter plate today also....

Don't drink all your beer at one time jjwatmyself.........

:D :DHey, I just got bought my first real beer on XDA!!! Woo hoo! :D :D

flexpackman is in the house!!