Zagg shield or bulletproofguard

Search This thread

khmerfunan

Nov 8, 2011
Has anyone try this bulletproofguard screen protecter?I have got It today and it super smooth. took off my zagg shield it works but not as smooth as bulletproofguard and for the price you can't go wrong compare to zagg shield price it a no brainer .got it for $1.75 for 6 screen call me cheap but this work really great compare to zagg shield, zagg get 5/10 bulletproofguard 9/10

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326861221664.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326861221664.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

gtluke

May 20, 2011
I don't understand the screen protectors, it's like impossible to scratch this screen. I never had a protector and my screen is still 100% scratch free after like 9 month of abuse.

skaroger867

Jan 23, 2007
Kentucky
I don't understand the screen protectors, it's like impossible to scratch this screen. I never had a protector and my screen is still 100% scratch free after like 9 month of abuse.

its a mental thing, atleast for me it is. when i purchased my inspire it came with the zagg shield on and i had a sense of relief. then i removed the zagg and used a cheap protector. which is turn felt a lot better to the touch. now i have the otter box and the built in protector for the case has a hair scratch or two on it, but whatever i got the otter box for free so i dont mind the case. plus i dont want anything to break if i drop the phone.

on the other hand i have a kindle fire that also has the gorilla glass too and i have never had a screen protector on that this at all and i must say im impressed by it. but i dont carry it around everywhere like my phone so im not afraid of dropping it. but damn there is no scratch on it anywhere.

if you watch the videos on youtube some pople claim it CAN be scratched but just not near as easy or often as normal, plus tons of videos of people stabbing their device and dropping it is kinda fun to watch

Last edited:

Wimplo

Jan 20, 2012
I've been using the Zagg shields on my phones for a couple of years now with good results. Only issue is that dirt will eventually build up under the shield after a year of use, and the install is a PITA. Of course is that really an issue? How long do most of us use a phone before we switch for the latest and greatest?

G

GuestK007

i have a small scratch on my screen, no idea from what. (shrugs) people will buy broken phones for good money on ebay so im not too worried lol

JVBoost

Oct 8, 2011
I have the Zagg Shield and so far its being pretty good. The install can be a pain though.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Coming from Mobile at Best Buy, if you use the install liquid, and all of it, it's easy to install. I've got the anti-glare invisheild and love it. Smooth feeling, no glare or smudges only down side is it's a bit pixelated due to the anti-glare technology. I think that should be soon fixed because they have fixed it on the iPhone ones.

Barkt

Feb 6, 2012
I had a zagg shield on my iPhone and have one currently on my inspire. They're not quite as smooth as regular plastic screen protectors, but they scratch much less and are easier to put on without imperfections. If you want to try one for cheap, head to radio shack. I just picked up a clearances zagg for the Droid bionic. Two quick snips with a pair of scissorsand it covered my screen completely for only 50 cents
Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App

sloanster

Jun 26, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
duh,Zagg is where its at

Hey I have been using the Zagg ones ... the first was a beast to put on but the secret is in the slick-um. IF you don't have nuff slick-um it will turn out all wrong...

ALSO,

make sure to check the box... my last box was light, sum dumass clepto did a snatch & grab...

hehe, heh:eek:

IMA_Redneck

Feb 7, 2012
Union, MO
I recently purchased some of the BulletProof protectors from ebay as well. I scratched mine putting them on. Not sure if they are as "BulletProof" as advertised if you know what i mean. I do like how they are slick like glass instead of sticky like soft plastic. My phone had something similar to a Zagg on it when I bought it and i was not happy with the feel. Too bad you cant buy a thin sheet of gorilla glass and bond it on top of what is already there. Then if it does scratch the top sheet would be replaceable.

bigbuckin

Jan 27, 2012
Gorilla glass all the way!
Ive had the phone for about a year now... NO scratches, period. My phone is always in my pocket, occasionally with keys, coins, or other items. I work in garden retain, so i often have sand, dirt, gravel, etc. find its way into my pocket.
Again, not a scratch :)
No protectors for me!

acviridiana

Nov 3, 2011
Tijuana
Has anyone try this bulletproofguard screen protecter?I have got It today and it super smooth. took off my zagg shield it works but not as smooth as bulletproofguard and for the price you can't go wrong compare to zagg shield price it a no brainer .got it for $1.75 for 6 screen call me cheap but this work really great compare to zagg shield, zagg get 5/10 bulletproofguard 9/10

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

I've been using the Zagg shields on my phones for a couple of years now with good results. right now I'm using the smudge free version on my inspire and I just love it. :)

Chund3r

Feb 27, 2011
Baltimore, MD
I bought a zagg shield when I got my Inspire, it served its purpose (rather it needed to or not with the gorilla glass). But it eventually collected so much dirt+dust I decided to take it off. I never seen such a beautiful display before on my phone! It was clearer, and the colors were more vibrant. I've been screen protector free for about 3 months now without any issues! (Knocks on wood!)

schinner16

May 10, 2011
I suppose I'll let you guys know what I've been using.

I've had an xtreme guard screen protector on my phone since april 2011. By now it is due for replacement. The screen has "stretch marks" lol, they aren't bubbles or wrinkles...

I do have to say for 3 bucks I couldn't be happier. It is applied with some soapy water, which was great and allows for repositioning. It does seem fairly thick and makes me think it would actually help if I were to drop it onto pavement or something. The best part is that it is very slippery. It makes scrolling much easier than a bare screen.

I've heard they can be removed and replaced to fix any imperfections, even after extended periods, but for 3 bucks I just ordered a new one.

I give it two thumbs up!

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
In general they're all the same, clear TPU is what the screen protector is made of, I believe.

hotrodwinston

I have zaggs on both mine and my wifes inspires and love them. We decided to get them after my wife somehow scratched her screen (very tiny and very thin - you can only see it at the right angle and only with the screen off in bright light-cant see it at all with the zagg on). The reason I went with the more expensive zagg is the lifetime free replacement - Would much rather scratch the zagg than my screen.