HTC Vivid Screen Take Apart Repair Guide

Search This thread

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
You can safely and quickly replace the damaged part of your HTC Vivid by simply following this written repair guide. It will walk you through to fully disassemble and replace such as cracked glass touch screen digitizer, damaged LCD display and all internal components.

This guide will help you to install the following HTC Vivid part(s):
  • HTC Vivid Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement – White
  • HTC Vivid Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement – Black
  • HTC Vivid LCD Screen Replacement

Tools Required:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Small Phillips Screwdriver
  • Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
  • Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer

HTC Vivid take apart/repair guide:
  • In order to disassemble HTC Vivid, first of all you need to remove the back cover, the battery, and the sim and memory card.
  • Using the Small Philips screwdriver, remove the six (6) screws as shown in Figure 1.

Vivid-1a.jpg

Figure 1​
  • Then remove charging port connector cover and gently pry up the connector. This is a simple "pop" connector.
  • Use a safe open pry tool to carefully pry the back housing from the rest of the phone. Work your way around the edges, as shown in Figure 2.

Vivid-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
  • Remove the vibrator motor from the housing and carefully disconnect it, as shown in orange on Figure 3.
  • Remove the six (6) small Phillips screws on the motherboard, as shown in red in Figure 3.
  • Pry up to release battery tray.
  • Remove the two (2) silver small Phillips screws still holding the motherboard in place as shown in yellow.

Vivid-3a.jpg

Figure 3​
  • On the lower section of the motherboard there will be two (2) pop connector located on the under side. Carefully lift the board and release these cables
  • Release the clips holding the upper part of the motherboard in place. Gently fold the motherboard and motherboard flex over to the right.
  • You can now remove the one "jaw" connector and remove the full motherboard assembly.
  • Remove mylar tape holding the touch screen flex cable in place. Gently fold this away from the device.
  • Heat the screen with hair dryer or hear gun on medium heat for 45-60 seconds to warm the adhesive holding the touch screen in place.
  • Use a safe open pry tool to carefully run along the edges, releasing the adhesive. Be careful not to go too deep into the device.

Vivid-4a.jpg

Figure 4​
  • Reheat if needed.
  • Fully remove the screen from the rest of the device.
  • Remove or peel back the outer adhesive on the LCD screen.
  • Heat the back of the screen assembly to loosen the adhesive holding the LCD screen in place.
  • You can now pry the LCD screen out of the device and replace either screen.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Yeah...the vivid is surprisingly easy to take apart...did it months ago to change the color of my capacitive button lights

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

spydergt

Aug 11, 2009
houston
not fully functional digitizer

Hey ,

i used your guide step by step and once i put the vivid back together and booted the digitizer is not 100% functional. I get partial response

any thoughts ?

jbplumbing.ca

Jun 11, 2010
Cambridge
That happened to me with an HTC Sensation. I would get weird touch screen issues like it would lose track of my fingers halfway up the screen I tore the ribbon on the digitizer I didn't even notice

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

Reactions: spydergt

phi1ipp

Jul 20, 2012
capacity light plastic connectors

Hey guyz,

does anybody have an idea where I can buy a set of plastic connectors for capacity light. I've got the phone with the replaced digitizer but the capacity buttons aren't litted. I'd like to install them if I find the set of this plastic things.

What is the right name for them, by the way?

Regards,
Philipp

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
My Vivid Sceen got broken, its Touch screen digitizer is cracked but the underlying LCD is fine... Touch digitizer is selling seperately but online reviews of product say that you cant change Digitizer only... If screen is cracked you have to change the LCD too...

Anyone changed the digitizer can tell me plz...

G

GuestK00403

My Vivid Sceen got broken, its Touch screen digitizer is cracked but the underlying LCD is fine... Touch digitizer is selling seperately but online reviews of product say that you cant change Digitizer only... If screen is cracked you have to change the LCD too...

Anyone changed the digitizer can tell me plz...

Changed just the digitizer three times on my vivid... Never touched the LCD.

EyeGee

Jan 4, 2013
Grr.. just changed out my cracked screen. Somehow I was able to break the lcd. Not quite sure how I did it through. It all looks good on the surface, but when I turn on my phone You can't see anything except lines of color:confused:

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
Hey ,

i used your guide step by step and once i put the vivid back together and booted the digitizer is not 100% functional. I get partial response

any thoughts ?

Be sure all of the internal connections are securely in place involving the digitizer. If it still doesn't work you may have damaged a cable connected to the digitizer or another important part.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can safely and quickly replace the damaged part of your HTC Vivid by simply following this written repair guide. It will walk you through to fully disassemble and replace such as cracked glass touch screen digitizer, damaged LCD display and all internal components.

This guide will help you to install the following HTC Vivid part(s):
    • HTC Vivid Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement – White
    • HTC Vivid Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement – Black
    • HTC Vivid LCD Screen Replacement

Tools Required:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Small Phillips Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
    • Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer

HTC Vivid take apart/repair guide:
    • In order to disassemble HTC Vivid, first of all you need to remove the back cover, the battery, and the sim and memory card.
    • Using the Small Philips screwdriver, remove the six (6) screws as shown in Figure 1.

Vivid-1a.jpg

Figure 1​
    • Then remove charging port connector cover and gently pry up the connector. This is a simple "pop" connector.
    • Use a safe open pry tool to carefully pry the back housing from the rest of the phone. Work your way around the edges, as shown in Figure 2.

Vivid-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
    • Remove the vibrator motor from the housing and carefully disconnect it, as shown in orange on Figure 3.
    • Remove the six (6) small Phillips screws on the motherboard, as shown in red in Figure 3.
    • Pry up to release battery tray.
    • Remove the two (2) silver small Phillips screws still holding the motherboard in place as shown in yellow.

Vivid-3a.jpg

Figure 3​
    • On the lower section of the motherboard there will be two (2) pop connector located on the under side. Carefully lift the board and release these cables
    • Release the clips holding the upper part of the motherboard in place. Gently fold the motherboard and motherboard flex over to the right.
    • You can now remove the one "jaw" connector and remove the full motherboard assembly.
    • Remove mylar tape holding the touch screen flex cable in place. Gently fold this away from the device.
    • Heat the screen with hair dryer or hear gun on medium heat for 45-60 seconds to warm the adhesive holding the touch screen in place.
    • Use a safe open pry tool to carefully run along the edges, releasing the adhesive. Be careful not to go too deep into the device.

Vivid-4a.jpg

Figure 4​
    • Reheat if needed.
    • Fully remove the screen from the rest of the device.
    • Remove or peel back the outer adhesive on the LCD screen.
    • Heat the back of the screen assembly to loosen the adhesive holding the LCD screen in place.
    • You can now pry the LCD screen out of the device and replace either screen.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
    You can find a downloadable version of the HTC Vivid screen repair which may make it easier for some people to print out and use while preforming a screen repair, etc.
    That happened to me with an HTC Sensation. I would get weird touch screen issues like it would lose track of my fingers halfway up the screen I tore the ribbon on the digitizer I didn't even notice

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium