Obtaining HTC One X Diag File to Manage S-OFF!!

Search This thread

peedub

May 29, 2012
So I'm unsure of what we need exactly..
1) Someone to come up with an ingenious hack to modify CIDs (which would fix most people problems)
2) As above but for S-Off

Do we need hardware that can only come from HTC, or is is just software that's signed by HTC that we're after?

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
So I'm unsure of what we need exactly..
1) Someone to come up with an ingenious hack to modify CIDs (which would fix most people problems)
2) As above but for S-Off

Do we need hardware that can only come from HTC, or is is just software that's signed by HTC that we're after?

We do need everything you've mentioned; a genius, the hardware and HTC signed files/cards and maybe a unicorn ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

maxilick

Jun 27, 2008
Haha. I imagine most of those things are hard to come by!

Nah not really, can have all the required items in a couple of hours........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................in my dreams. :laugh:

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
OK back to topic. What's the status quo right now? Does anyone have further info we haven't heard of yet? Until now I tried almost everything. I tried to flash all diag files I have via fastboot, goldcard just in case I'm the lucky one who get that working on my device. Flashed the eng hboot while I was on 0.94 hboot. I asked on the xtc-clip official forum if the one x int. Version will be supported in the next update periods and asked local Shops in Germany/turkey if they already have the ability to s-off the one x. No positive results.

rasel800

So in short, with all the hackable phones in the world (even iOS with high security which gets jail broken within a week after every new release), we HOX Tegra 3 users ended up with a phone, may be one of the extremely few phones, which is not hackable.

Pity me and the fellow users...

theliquid

Jul 11, 2010
Vienna
So in short, with all the hackable phones in the world (even iOS with high security which gets jail broken within a week after every new release), we HOX Tegra 3 users ended up with a phone, may be one of the extremely few phones, which is not hackable.

Pity me and the fellow users...

the problem is that there isn't any real developers for the Hox who is able to find a exploit...
The phone isn't intrensting enough...

DJW6927

Mar 31, 2009
the problem is that there isn't any real developers for the Hox who is able to find a exploit...
The phone isn't intrensting enough...

Now there's some sensible talk on the subject. We need the likes of Cotulla/DFT and Revolutionary to fix this. These people are the heavy weights who made the break throughs before.

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Exactly. They worked wonders with the HD2. Mine would have been retired a year ago if it wasn't for them.

I tried contacting them back in March when the One X was released but to no avail.

mibikin

Dec 27, 2011
Parker, CO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now there is no use of a goldcard.

It's not that they don't use the "gold card" system anymore, it's that they changed the way how a microSD is consider as a gold card/smart card.

You have to understand how XTC works. XTC is a HTC factory test SIM(or "MAGA SIM", "white card", "smart card", you name it) emulator, that's why when it's with the gold card, you can use S58 system to remove the security lock(S-OFF) as the phone think it's been repairing by a legal repair center. We could make fake gold card by ourselves was because someone reverse engineered the HTC gold card system.

In short, in the old system(before One X, from Dream to Amaze 4G), a gold card alone can:

* Flash any RUU regardless the CID. (As Super CID)
    * Use S58 data but with limits. (Can't clear security flag, aka S-OFF)

A white card/factory test SIM + gold card:

* All the things listed above.
    * Full S58 functionality. (S-OFF, carrier unlock)

HTC should aware of the existence of XTC for long, but they decided to take action till the One series.

The Java Card is used as the new smart card/gold card system:

* It's a HSM that has extra security against crypto key dumping. (can try side-channel attack tho)
    * The PKI private key was generated with card's RNG, so no API to read it out directly.
    * With a counter system in it. (Yes it does, just the number is usually 500 or more afaik, don't have one in my hand so can't analysis.)

The counter limited the number of times it can be use to lower the damage if it got stolen, and it can be reset with the correct private key.(which should be different from the main key, much easier to crack if you are good at HSM stuff.) Models w/o a SD slot can use it with OTG cable with microSD reader. All the older white card/gold card/MAGA SIM won't consider as a smart card on newer devices.

In short, in the new system(after Amaze 4G, since One X), a java card/new gold card alone can:

* Flash any RUU regardless the CID. (As Super CID)
    * Full S58 functionality. (Incl disabling security flag.)

Here people on XDA always try to achieve S-OFF with the software-solution, while there's a always a market that does the opposite. There's nothing magical. As long as you have a working HTC factory java card and the correct S58 data for that device, you can S-OFF it within secs.

I'm not sure how long this post will stand, as there are many HTC RD's here on XDA and they might have it deleted. They don't like people poking around with their zen thing, such as this or stole their RUUs from their servers. And I doubt they will ever give us the option to S-OFF in anyways, otherwise the CID/carrier lock thing will be pointless, and the market will f*** up.

EDIT - Just confirm it works for Sensation and later.
    I couldn't put it any better, even if S-OFF stays a dream I'll always be grateful for how much you've done and so should everyone else. You're still around helping even after endless lines of people beg for a file after you've explained why you can't release it. Can't help but think if I was in your position I would've up'd and ran already. Anyway, cheers! :)

Thx for the support guys!!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    As the one X uses emmc i'm going to buy a one X with broken screen on ebay and remove the emmc with a hot air rework station so it can be connected to an sd/mmc reader.

Once connected it will allow a complete dump to be saved, from there we can try to manipulate the hboot / security flag and have s-off.

Another advantage is that we will then know where the emmc balls are connected to any passives / pads, possibly allowing a juopunutbear wire trick style unlock ;)
    After searching for an hour I finally found someone who understands what is s-off and he has done it for previous HTC devices. Basically he has enough knowledge. This is what he said about s-off:

" for few devices its software work and for your device its both hardware and software. S-off for HTC one x isnt out yet and no1 has come to me for s-off HTC one x. Since u came ill give it a try to find out how to do it". He was asking me about my hboot versions and he knows the advantages of s-off and the fact that jb requires specific cid. Then o told him that does it have anything to do with goldcard or java card?. "he said that ya. It can be made. I'll make it. I will search for everything and will let you know within two days."
    I am not letting my hopes high because many of the devs here tried to do s-off like xmoo. If they couldn't do it I don't think he can. But m happy that at least he knows all the things. Let's hope guys.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    Could XMoo be an employee of HTC whose job is to keep us from S-Off?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

YES I AM Sorry guys!
    http://www.playandroid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/*****-Please.png