FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] Post-s-off OTA update -- Not techie enough to follow update thread. Stuck :(

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dangerousnewbie, Junior Member on 25th February 2014, 04:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all. I am sorry to ask, but I am not good enough to figure out how to do what has to be done to get the latest update to update the radio so I can upgrade to the newest roms that are out. I am currently running one of mdmower's original no-flicker builds. I have been having problems with the phone hitting buttons when I talk on it (cheek-dialing) during calls, and figured it's probably time to upgrade. But I noticed that post the new stock-OTA, I can't just upgrade.

I have HTCDev engineering, Root, S-off (I don't remember which method I used), and SuperCID. I realize there is a whole thread on how to flash just the files related to upgrading the radio, but I have read it like 20 times and unfortunately, I am having a really hard time following it.

I am embarrassed to admit that I can't figure this out.

At this point, I don't care about what is installed on my phone and am happy to do a clean wipe, lose all my apps, as long as I dont brick it.

If anyone's willing to help me, I would be in your debt.

25th February 2014, 05:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcooterfrog

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5271399/PJ53IMG.zip

Download that file, and place it on the root of your SD card as a zip file. (not in any folders)

Boot into your bootloader and select bootloader. It will automatically do the rest. Once done, remove the zip file from your SD card.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to articzap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift articzap Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 02:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap

Download that file, and place it on the root of your SD card as a zip file. (not in any folders)

Boot into your bootloader and select bootloader. It will automatically do the rest. Once done, remove the zip file from your SD card.

WOW. I don't....can't....how did you.....

Can I paypal you a few bucks or something? I am forever in your gratitude. Truly humbled and feel even more stupid now. I don't belong playing with my phone!
25th February 2014, 03:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousnewbie

Can I paypal you a few bucks or something? I am forever in your gratitude. Truly humbled and feel even more stupid now. I don't belong playing with my phone!

I am glad this helps

as a side note I have been running cm11 nightlies with nary a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to dcooterfrog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dcooterfrog Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 04:28 PM |#5  
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcooterfrog

I am glad this helps

as a side note I have been running cm11 nightlies with nary a problem.

I would imagine if we are running CM10.2.1 this update should not adversely impact that. I am thinking of jumping to CM11 as a daily runner. It is good to hear that it is stable.

Has anyone got Isis to work running CM10.2.1 or CM11 with this latest update?
25th February 2014, 11:34 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousnewbie

No money necessary! Just enjoy your phone
18th March 2014, 07:48 PM |#7  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by therreid

I would imagine if we are running CM10.2.1 this update should not adversely impact that. I am thinking of jumping to CM11 as a daily runner. It is good to hear that it is stable.

Has anyone got Isis to work running CM10.2.1 or CM11 with this latest update?

What CyanogenMod 11 ROM is that stable for this device?
18th March 2014, 11:51 PM |#8  
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordmastr54

None that I have heard of. It seems like all have bugs. My phone in important for work so I am running CM 10.2.1
19th March 2014, 12:10 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

I run CM11M4, and its pretty damn stable. And that's with ART mode. GPS can be funky at times, but that's it.
19th March 2014, 12:14 AM |#10  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap

I run CM11M4, and its pretty damn stable. And that's with ART mode. GPS can be funky at times, but that's it.

Can you post a link? It seems the stuff in dev area needs to be cleaned up its old or not used at all.
19th March 2014, 12:39 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Can you post a link? It seems the stuff in dev area needs to be cleaned up its old or not used at all.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=fireball
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)