Kitkat is finally rolling

Search This thread

Johnmcl7

Jan 24, 2006
This update has appeared today available for OTA on a Vodafone UK c6833 although not sure whether to update as the responses so far seem very mixed compared to the previous update but then I guess they always are.

John

strachg

Jul 22, 2009
Renfrewshire
This update has appeared today available for OTA on a Vodafone UK c6833 although not sure whether to update as the responses so far seem very mixed compared to the previous update but then I guess they always are.

John

I'm on Vodafone UK with my C6833 and nothing for me ota or otherwise.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Johnmcl7

Jan 24, 2006
I'm on Vodafone UK with my C6833 and nothing for me ota or otherwise.

It's only appeared within the last couple of hours so it may appear for you sometime soon.

Any word on BT? I'm on 290 and finding the lack of BT stability makes the SBH-52 useless which is frustrating as it's a very handy accessory (at least when the phone remains connected to it)

John

Mugenmundo

Dec 4, 2013
Chicago
Still available ATM.

Update still not showing up for me. I am in the US with unlocked, not rooted, stock firmware version 4.3 Xperia Z Ultra C6802. KitKat update still not coming by OTA, and No update available with PC companion or with SUS. Bummer. :(

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Which Z Ultra version do you have? C6833 or C6802? I am on east coast of the US with C6802 and there is still no update for me. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Which Z Ultra version do you have? C6833 or C6802? I am on east coast of the US with C6802 and there is still no update for me. Thanks.

Yes on my C6833. Just plugged it in and came as a firmware update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @avetny grab new kernel here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687549

[GUIDE][Kernel]ROOT 14.3.A.0.681

Everything feels alot more fluid, more so than it was on 4.3 and I'm pleased to say the old 4.2 touch screen sound is back lol

I like the new phone lock/unlock sound too.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png
    hmm

-Try to open message/or phone and press home. (do it faster), look how animation are lags. I confirm that.
    -Volume settings take almost 4 sec to open. I confirm that
    -That live wallpaper is not optimized not as we expect. It gives time to time lags. I confirm that
    -Benchmarking results are down. I confirm that. (quadro shows 17000 instead 22000)
    -Something with wallpapers (the first fraction of a second appears orange wallpaper lol than it change to my....after first lock/unlock it will show you blackness for a sec)
    - I didn't find ART in dev menu.
    -Etc.

So after 5 hours of testing (C6833 ftf on my C6802) I just flashed back to 4.3 and I want to tell you 4.3 is faster than ever compare to 4.4
    (I think that's why HongKong didn't want to update C6802)

So I hope I help to answer some question for people who looking negative side of kitkat
    A little bit disappointed...

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app