Working WM 6.1 - UPDATE! 13/04/2008

Search This thread

chrilleberg

Mar 13, 2007
If you hardreset, you are just "re-applying" current ROM. So if you uploaded this one, you just re-apply this one (I mean this Beta). If you want to change back to previous, you have to upload it (=flash it) into your wings.

But the hard reset trick with the two soft buttons and then power button does nothing on my phone right now. I would like to keep the 6.1 ROM but just reset it to like it was originaly.

/Chrille

SJ@XDA-IIs

Jan 31, 2005
Sorry. double posted. please delete this.

Attachments

• SJ_Image_ScrollMenu_Fix.zip
    159.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

nielswillems

May 19, 2007
Stein
tcpmp in the place of wmp?

I managed to solve the Picture Viewer problem. Just install the attached CAB file to the Wings. I also include the 'scroll menu' fix with the CAB.

Thats nice!

Maybe a stupid question,
Can you also make a cab-file that replaces wmp with tcpmp?
tcpmp is my favorite prog for music, should be nice if it is integrated in my homescreen.

Or else, how can I do it by my self?
seems a little difficult to me.

One problem fixed, good job!

Thanks.

playerkiller

Mar 11, 2006
Found a problem... well maybe.
Sync with Exchange 2007 fails with error 0x85010013. It seems something wrong with http protocol. I'm investigating on that.

Surfboomerang

Jan 24, 2008
To Alcaline and SJ... GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Deep respect for the research and the cooking. Although you call this a Beta version, it works great!

playerkiller

Mar 11, 2006
Activesync 0x8501013

Ok. I found it.
error 85010013 means: device not provisonable often (Exchange AS policies).

Since my exchange test box was configured to not allow provisonable device, there's must be something wrong with provisonable flag activesync reports to exchange AS Service.
Actually, infact, it provides policy security enforcements at fist sync. Then it fails during the "synchronizing folders" phase.

Once you check Allow non-provisonable devices from AS policies, it works.
I've cyrcled in red where you have to go.

I'm trying finding responsable of this "****". Not your fault, alcaline, i guess.

Attachments

• ASPolicies.png
    ASPolicies.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 197

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
Anyway, this fix works great.
I have noticed something - Despite "green" default background set, some screens actually display with black HTC background.

Yes, the call background and so on got the HTC default picture. Could remove this if wanted? I just kept it this way for the time being..

These pictures can be change to any of your likings..

SJ@XDA-IIs

Jan 31, 2005
Thats nice!

Maybe a stupid question,
Can you also make a cab-file that replaces wmp with tcpmp?
tcpmp is my favorite prog for music, should be nice if it is integrated in my homescreen.

Or else, how can I do it by my self?
seems a little difficult to me.

One problem fixed, good job!

Thanks.

It could be changed if it's set via registry/shortcut/XML files. If it's hardcoded in the dll file then it's impossible. I would tend to think that it's the later one as it seems to use a WMP plugins in the Home screen.

SJ@XDA-IIs

Jan 31, 2005
Hey, thats great! I`ll see if this could be implemented in future release..

Yes please.

BTW, can you also include this Jeyo SMS backup in the ROM. It's extracted from O2 Graphite and woks great for HTC Wings. I've made it into an OEM Package.

For those who want to use it, download the Zip file and copy only the execute file to your phone. Manually create a shortcut to the Start Menu.

Attachments

• SJ_SP_SMS_Backup_1_0.zip
    44 KB · Views: 94

philg2000

Mar 14, 2007
Ipswich
Yes please.

BTW, can you also include this Jeyo SMS backup in the ROM. It's extracted from O2 Graphite and woks great for HTC Wings. I've made it into an OEM Package.

For those who want to use it, download the Zip file and copy only the execute file to your phone. Manually create a shortcut to the Start Menu.

Seems that there utility doesnt like micro-SD cards > 4gb :(

Reinman

Apr 10, 2008
Yeah it works fine... Been running it for the last day doing the normal stuff i do.

- Pictures are now working with the fix :)
- Overall seems faster, but not sliding your keybord. Switching is WAY slow. I text a lot so, thats realy my only problem :p.
- Sliding pannels is, once given a nice colour + background, awsome. I wish the rest of the phone was like this :p.
- All my programs (sms bubbles, gnuboy, DoNew, etc) work perfectly.

Love it guys, keep up the work!!!!(and i mean make the switch faster ;))

playerkiller

Mar 11, 2006
Reinman. Removing Sliding sound makes little difference. It still takes time (2.5secs), but when redraw, it's istantly. It seems slide action is "delayed"

nielswillems

May 19, 2007
Stein
tcpmp in homescreen

It could be changed if it's set via registry/shortcut/XML files. If it's hardcoded in the dll file then it's impossible. I would tend to think that it's the later one as it seems to use a WMP plugins in the Home screen.

uhh okeeey, where can I find the xml file of the ''sliding panel media'' homescreen. in application data\home I found some xml files but I guess this folder contains other xml files.

Is there an homeplugin for tcpmp?

I can't write xml, but I maybe can change some application/plugin adresses in it.

Grz,
Niels

Lurchy24

Dec 14, 2007
Edited and posted under SSPL thread...sorry for the double post.

I'm trying to do the update but can't get past the SSPL. I've followed the instructions exactly as written on the instructions page. I ran the app unlock and then the Dos backup program. The subdirectory 1 is created but there isn't anything in it. If I continue, once I transfer the sspl-.91-wings, my phone shows the red, green, blue bars and indicates WING220 MFG SPL-0.91 Jump CPLD-7. Per the instructions, once USB appears, I unplug and replug the USB. Is something supposed to happen next? I have to take out the battery and reboot to do anything. Once rebooted, I run customRUU.exe and get Error {240}: File Open. Am I supposed to do something else that is not indicated in the original instructions? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks....

Last edited:

chrilleberg

Mar 13, 2007
Just applied the updated version and it seems to work great, nice work indeed.
Does anyone know or have tip on how to change the keyboard layout when using WM 6.1? I really want to change it to Swedish layout on my phone. Also if it is possible to add XT9 swedish language to it.

/Chrille

Top Liked Posts