{All 2011}[DISCONTINUED][FAQ][Q&A][CM10.2] LegacyXperia discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kriko

Apr 9, 2008
Sorry, my mistake.
I was assuming this is CM11 thread, since I get most notifications from that one.

Correctly, these options are inside kitkat dialer. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas what to do without those.

keibak

Aug 31, 2012
Correctly, these options are inside kitkat dialer. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas what to do without those.

Well upgrading to 4.4 could be a solution, but I'm afraid of the yet unknown issues that'll bring :D

However I'll keep looking around, as I think this isn't a problem of my device, but a general one.

chiraggmodi

Oct 29, 2012
Ahmedabad
How to update Lexagy Xperia

Hi
I am using Lexagy Xperia firmware for haida(Xperia Neo V) cm-11-20140611 . I want to know that, how can i upgrade my firmware of lexagy without lossing data.
want to update my firmware to cm-11-20140703.
But i dont want to loss any data.

Carlos2396

Jun 22, 2014
Troubles at flashing kernel

Hi
I have an xperia arc s (anzu).
When I try to flash the kernel using the command fastboot flash boot oot.img the next line appears
FAILED: <remote: the device must be rooted first>
My device is rooted and its bootloader is unlocked. Can you help me?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 129

Antoniokodo

Aug 27, 2013
Hi
I have an xperia arc s (anzu).
When I try to flash the kernel using the command fastboot flash boot oot.img the next line appears
FAILED:
My device is rooted and its bootloader is unlocked. Can you help me?
Mmmm...this is somewhat weird...did you try to flash kernel with flashtool?

Enviado desde mi Xperia Arc S mediante Tapatalk

theNfan

May 7, 2013
Wifi getting worse

I'm still using this ROM and I got the impression the Wifi actually got worse over time. In the beginning I only had occasionally reconnects, but now it's close to impossible to load a webpage in one go. Even if the connection does not break up, often enough it just gets stuck loading. Anybody else experienced that?
I'm hesitant to updating to CM 11.0 because my only problem is the Wifi and as far as I understand that won't be any better there.

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Actually on my cm11 anzu testbuild 20140805 compiled from mikes sources wifi works good. Mike is actually testing some wifi changes on cm11.

mamoka

Aug 22, 2014
Teresa
Stuck with blank screen, non-responsive touch and power button.

Hello.

I'm a new user of android phone (literally) specifically Xperia Active ST17. A hands-me-down from my father. It's untouched so it's the first time for it to be tweaked by me since I want to update from the stock Gingerbread (2.3.4). Though I picked JellyBean 4.3 (CM 10.2) instead of Kitkat since like I mentioned, I'm still quite the newb that is still slowly learning the terms around. Also basing to "Installing LegacyXperia for Dummies" on github made me decide to go for this CM.

Though I believe I've followed the steps accurately enough, I have this problem after the last step "Reboot system now". The "Legacy Xperia" with a pinkish/purple LED light shows but then goes to blank/black screen, hang and stuck, with a little backlight. I've waited for more than hour but it's still not progressing. I can't turn it off with the power button and the touch is unresponsive. I have to remove the battery to force shut down. I try to power it off and off a few times (but I'm afraid it might do some damage) but still no luck. When I power on and Press&Hold Vol. Up*, I can enter the Recovery. But I'm still lost on what to do so please enlighten me and have your guidance.

I apologize and thank you for the time.

(Please do excuse my grammar.)

Last edited:

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
Hello.

I'm a new user of android phone (literally) specifically Xperia Active ST17. A hands-me-down from my father. It's untouched so it's the first time for it to be tweaked by me since I want to update from the stock Gingerbread (2.3.4). Though I picked JellyBean 4.3 (CM 10.2) instead of Kitkat since like I mentioned, I'm still quite the newb that is still slowly learning the terms around. Also basing to "Installing LegacyXperia for Dummies" on github made me decide to go for this CM.

Though I believe I've followed the steps accurately enough, I have this problem after the last step "Reboot system now". The "Legacy Xperia" with a pinkish/purple LED light shows but then goes to blank/black screen, hang and stuck, with a little backlight. I've waited for more than hour but it's still not progressing. I can't turn it off with the power button and the touch is unresponsive. I have to remove the battery to force shut down. I try to power it off and off a few times (but I'm afraid it might do some damage) but still no luck. When I power on and Press&Hold Vol. Up*, I can enter the Recovery. But I'm still lost on what to do so please enlighten me and have your guidance.

I apologize and thank you for the time.

(Please do excuse my grammar.)

np. your grammar is good :) also thanks for good information so its easy to fix i think. i think you forget to fromat the partitions & when installing theres to low space = blackscreen, no boot. also make sure you have flashed (via fastboot) the LX kernel from ROM.zip (just extract). follow these steps & it will boot 100%: (10 min is the most to wait. if you then see the spinning CM bootanimation it can take a bit time for the 1st time. but usally not more then 15 mins again)

1. flash LX kernel from rom.zip (boot.img) (just extraxt & leave rom.zip like it is (no repacking!)) via fastboot.
2. go recovery. make sure you have rom.zip on SD
3. go to mounts & storage menu, there FORMAT /system + /data + /cache
4. install rom (legacyxperia cm10.2)
5. OPTIONAL: flash gapps (google apps like playstore , services etc) ONLY USE THESE: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/im29oa0b3i2ay//BaNks GApps#dtsqbkrhl0enp ==> use the GApps_Core!!!
6. reboot. all should be fine now

good luck

mamoka

Aug 22, 2014
Teresa
np. your grammar is good :) also thanks for good information so its easy to fix i think. i think you forget to fromat the partitions & when installing theres to low space = blackscreen, no boot. also make sure you have flashed (via fastboot) the LX kernel from ROM.zip (just extract). follow these steps & it will boot 100%: (10 min is the most to wait. if you then see the spinning CM bootanimation it can take a bit time for the 1st time. but usally not more then 15 mins again)

1. flash LX kernel from rom.zip (boot.img) (just extraxt & leave rom.zip like it is (no repacking!)) via fastboot.
2. go recovery. make sure you have rom.zip on SD
3. go to mounts & storage menu, there FORMAT /system + /data + /cache
4. install rom (legacyxperia cm10.2)
5. OPTIONAL: flash gapps (google apps like playstore , services etc) ONLY USE THESE: https://www(.)mediafire(.)com/folder/im29oa0b3i2ay//BaNks%20GApps#dtsqbkrhl0enp ==> use the GApps_Core!!!
6. reboot. all should be fine now

good luck

Hello, thanks for the response and I'm glad to know my explanation is a bit understandable. Lol though sorry again for the inconvenience. :eek:

And as you were saying... hm, I see, I think I understand now. I didn't see the "format partition" step on the guide I was following. I already have the ROM zip on my SD card along with the GApps_Core that I downloaded along side with the ROM inb4 doing the whole steps so...I need to redo the flashing, perhaps? So I did following the steps you provided. Though it seems I have still no luck. I searched around Google and from I what I read, this is called "Boot Loop"? Since I never went pass the Recovery Tool on my phone to LegacyXperia logo whenever I turn it on and wait it out that nothing happens. Stuck. :crying:

At #5 which is optional, I'm not sure how to flash GApps since all I did was install it from Recovery Tool. :confused:

I'm curious though, whenever I need to re-boot the ROM via fastboot, do I need to delete the copy of CM on my SD and recopy/replace with the one that I just booted again from my computer? Also will redoing these all steps a few times would do any damage? I'm not really sure either way. :eek:

Thanks again for the help.

swinkq

Sep 30, 2014
LegacyXperia facebook

Why LegacyXperia facebook group is closed?

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

I have now the latest cyanogen build, 4.4.4 kit-kat.
In the stock rom lt15i, there was in properties the "Sony engine bravia" mode, which make photos better...
is there something in cyanogen ? or could it be ported? because i noticed that on the stock rom lt15i photos where a bit better than on cyanogen.

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Bravia engine is not part of cyanogenmod. And bravia engine doesnt make better pictures. If you want better image quality set picture quality to 100% in camera app.

Gesendet von meinem LT18i mit Tapatalk

Reactions: swinkq

swinkq

Sep 30, 2014
notifications

Bravia engine is not part of cyanogenmod. And bravia engine doesnt make better pictures. If you want better image quality set picture quality to 100% in camera app.

Gesendet von meinem LT18i mit Tapatalk

Thank you, one more question: is it possible to make notifications to switch on the screen(when it sleeps), and appear on the lockscreen?

swinkq

Sep 30, 2014
stock camera app

Is it possible to install on cm11 4.4.4 stock camera from xperia arc lt15i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if doesnt work wifi on latest build (20131101) try this:
    open terminal
    type: su
    type: cd system
    type: cd bin
    type: wifical.sh
    restart phone
    Final release

## Release build 20140303 - cm-10.2
    * Latest cm10.2 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.82
    * Updated BFQ io scheduler
    * Corrected device name/manufacturer
    * Enabled Sony apps in market
    * Boot 2 seconds faster in CWM

Basketbuild buildbot is not functional yet so I am building on my home PC.
    Builds will roll alphabetically until tomorrow.

This is the final build that will be released with the current PMEM kernel.
    New build coming

## Release candidate 2 build 20140111 - cm-10.2
    * Latest cm10.2 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.76
    * Build zRAM again
    * Disabled in-call noise suppression
    * Fixed camera timelapse mode
    * Enabled Recovery Performance Profiles
    * Enabled Qualcomm bionic optimizations
    * Enabled SD partitioning in CWM recovery
    * Don't overclock on default performance profile
    * Fixed cyrillic hardware keyboard layout on mango/iyokan
    * Kernel changes:
    - Updated msm_serial_hs driver (affects bluetooth)
    - Updated mmc code to CAF jb_2.5 branch (affects SD performance)
    - Updated zRAM for better performance
    - Enabled cleancache
    - Enabled zcache
    - Updated lowmemorykiller
    - Added exFAT filesystem support
    - Added NTFS rw support
    - Added profiling (oprofile) support
    - Updated ondemand bootspulse frequency
    - Boot with 1GHz instead of 1.2GHz by default

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow.
    New build coming

## Release candidate 3 build 20140207 - cm-10.2
    * Latest cm10.2 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.77
    * Fixed lockscreen PIN layout on coconut/mango/satsuma/smultron
    * zRAM updates
    * Updated exFAT kernel driver
    * Performace profiles update: powersave: max 768MHz, balanced: min 122MHz
    * Backported extra_free_kbytes from KitKat
    * Disable in-call noise suppression (for real this time)
    * Small conservative governor update
    * Added LegacyXperia Center
    * Testing updated wl12xx kernel driver & firmware
    * Fixed reboot to recovery
    * Disabled kernel NTFS driver (CM uses ntfs-3g userspace driver)
    * Made exfat driver built-in instead of module
    * Testing change to allow .tar backups in CWM
    * Fixed coconut proximity sensor

Builds will roll in reverse alphabetical order until tomorrow