[MOD] Tablet/Hybrid UI Mode [CM9][ALPHA6+]

Search This thread

Carbajal3009

Jan 8, 2012
Westminster
OK so I did a fresh install and got the FCs to stop...but now for the market I always get errors...yes I also tried the hacked ,market as well. Gives me some error like 492? Or something...can't install any apps at all... any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
OK so I did a fresh install and got the FCs to stop...but now for the market I always get errors...yes I also tried the hacked ,market as well. Gives me some error like 492? Or something...can't install any apps at all... any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Looked it up real quick and this is what I found.
-Go in Settings / applications / Manage applications , choose 'all' tab. Then clear all data and cache of both Google play store and google services Framework
-Reboot into recovery and wipe cache and wipe Dalvik-Cache (no need to factory reset).

We only have stock recovery so just wipe cache and reboot. Try it a couple times and see if it works. If not, try this hacked market. Its the old Android Market but should still work. Just push to system/app/, set permissions rw-r--r-- and reboot. And if that doesn't work, idk because I have absolutely zero errors.

Reactions: theonebakery

HolicXII

Sep 26, 2011
Thank you so much! I've been waiting for someone to post this. Flashing now

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

im0rtalz

Mar 22, 2010
Boston
rsalinas1,

Could you try the CM9 version when you have some time ?

Thanks.

Not sure if rsalinas1 tested phone. The mod does work but it seems to break mobile network. I can only use wifi and placing calls no longer work. Would this be related to something that is in the services.jar?

Edit
Nevermind it looks like there might be some tower work, my phone just does not work at all or get signal at home at the moment. Hopefully it's upgrades

Last edited:

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Not sure if rsalinas1 tested phone. The mod does work but it seems to break mobile network. I can only use wifi and placing calls no longer work. Would this be related to something that is in the services.jar?

Edit
Nevermind it looks like there might be some tower work, my phone just does not work at all or get signal at home at the moment. Hopefully it's upgrades

I've been in the cm9 mod since Xylograph posted it and I've received phone calls fine so its good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

bigpeng

Jan 14, 2010
The U S of A!
Testing right now on a dirty install and clean install. Will report back.

Edit: Tried it on a dirty install on my CM9 backup and it works great, no FC's or anything. Hacked Nova launcher works good also. Thanks Xylograph

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Nice fix, cured my FC's I'm Facebook.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

bigpeng

Jan 14, 2010
The U S of A!
I get system UI closes constantly while in any app, including this one. The nav bar disappears for a couple seconds then comes back. Cleanest install possible. Launcher shouldn't matter since it is only while in an app but I'm running the standard nova Launcher, unhacked.

Edit: I found a fix. In rom control in the navigation bar just enable four buttons instead of the standard three. I chose to make the fourth button menu. No force closes, and it comes in handy actually.

Oh, this is hands down the best mod/theme for our phone. Thank you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Oops, meant to quote this but awesome fix.

Darkshneider

Jan 17, 2008
I know its a pain, but if you access the Play Store on a higher DPI setting, you can get your apps, install them and then switch to 128 DPI.

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Last edited:

cuatillo1

Apr 15, 2010
sorry for this comment seriously...:( but i installed everything clean running CM9 but... i cant!! find Rom control!!! can anyone guide me please!!:(:( sorry guys..

Last edited:

tsjoe2

Dec 11, 2010
I am loving this. Thanks a lot. Thinking of keeping this setup. Only thing is internal storage is lost. Even the storage tab crashes. Just fyi. Thanks again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
I am loving this. Thanks a lot. Thinking of keeping this setup. Only thing is internal storage is lost. Even the storage tab crashes. Just fyi. Thanks again.

No problem. Make sure to thank the mod creator also. What rom and mod build are you using because I can see my internal storage with no crashes?

Last edited:

tsjoe2

Dec 11, 2010
Was it on a fresh install or over an existing setup? Try booting into the stock android recovery, wipe cache and reboot. If problem still persists, start clean again.

Alright thanks. I was already thinking of starting clean. It was an existing install.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2012-07-02-19-09-15.png

Tested working on alpha 6 and 07/01 build

Install instructions below

Code:
    download services.jar
    push file thru adb

adb root
    adb remount
    adb push services.jar /system/framework
    adb reboot

reboot might take a while be patient, once booted follow the usual steps, use rom toolbox to set dpi to 128

Note: do not used the modified phone.apk, the actual phone.apk that comes with cm9 will work.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/services.jar <~~~ dl here or attatched file
    All thanks go to im0rtalz so make sure you thank him! This is confirmed working on Alpha6 and 7/01 nightly. Any other nightly from here on may or may not work since new code is being added with each build. Do not take your CM9 problems into the dev thread or general discussion thread after flashing this mod. You have replaced chunks of code in the builds they provide so you are no longer running stock CM9!
    Screenshot_2012-07-02-19-09-15.png

Tested working on alpha 6 and 07/01 build

Install instructions below

Code:
    download services.jar
    push file thru adb

adb root
    adb remount
    adb push services.jar /system/framework
    adb reboot

reboot might take a while be patient, once booted follow the usual steps, use rom toolbox to set dpi to 128

Note: do not used the modified phone.apk, the actual phone.apk that comes with cm9 will work.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/services.jar <~~~ dl here or attatched file
    I only tested this on a clean install of m6 from chris41g build. I believe it should work on timesinfinity also. If you would like to try it please make a backup first.

wipe cache/dalvik cache
    install zip here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/TabletUI_AOKP_M6.zip

Rom Control enable navigation bar, but do not reset yet
    General UI settings set dpi to 128 then reboot.

fyi at your own risk and I probably won't be around to answer many questions pretty much how my cm9 one I posted.

Good luck and if anything breaks so sorry, restore your backup.

Edit Please keep all issues and questions here since if you are using this mod you are no longer using stock aokp so please do not clutter his dev thread same rules applies also to the cm9 mod.
    guys, AOKP was just updated to build 34... will this mod work with that or do i really have to kick back to 33?

For AOKP TabletUI mods please check my main thread for updates..
    OK guys, it has been brought to my attention that aokp is no longer, at this current time, a tablet UI capable rom. Apparently the AOKP team has changed a lot of their code and in the process has broken tabletUI functionality. So it appears it wasn't just me. Now, its possible a more experienced dev might be capable of figuring it out for AOKP but I just don't think the demand is high enough. In the meantime I will try to get things squared away for other aosp roms. I'll be back after work this afternoon to report my findings.