[PORT]S3 Camera for S II PLUS

Do you want more ports ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

vahid8910

Aug 3, 2013
south park
Did anyone test the new camera zip file ?
(first sorry for my bad English i hope you understand what i try to say)
i did.
installed successfully on an odex phone.
but there is focus problem like other third party cam apps.
in stock camera when you press shutter it first focuses while flash turns on and then there is a good picture with normal light.
but in installed third party apps like this one you have auto continuous focus before pressing shutter when you press shutter there is sudden flash and shot.

you can see this problem with taking a picture in darkness or taking a macro picture with flash and compare it with photos taken with stock camera.

Last edited:

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
i did.
in stock camera when you press shutter it first focuses while flash turns on and then there is a good picture with normal light.
but in installed third party apps like this one you have auto continuous focus before pressing shutter when you press shutter there is sudden flash and shot.

you can see this problem with taking a picture in darkness or taking a macro picture with flash and compare it with photos taken with stock camera.

Thanks for testing. I shall update op.
Regarding the issue which you are facing I would like to shed light on one major thing. Samsung galaxy s 3 captures the pictures without delay. And yes thats not due to HARDWARE actually its due to SOFTWARE. When I ported s3 camera ,it was working but number of other features were not working I.e continuous shout(burst shot). Then after spending several hours I found those needed files and after added them those features came in work. Then after the completion of port. The other step was "TESTING AND DEBUGGING" I tested the camera app and there was no other problem except than that the camera app couldn't capture the image without delay as s3 does. Another prob. was that it wasn't focusing better with flash on. I have some friends(dev) and they all had been saying that its in "FRAMEWORK". I looked around in it but no luck. So I left it as it is. Because its not really a big issue. You said in your statement that camera app doesn't focus while taking pics. I would like to ponder you to look deeper inside. Actaully the camera app by itself is already focusing on objects before you tend to take a pic. So,it does focus. I HOPE YOU GOT MY POINT : )

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk

borg17a

Aug 18, 2010
Regarding the issue which you are facing I would like to shed light on one major thing. Samsung galaxy s 3 captures the pictures without delay. And yes thats not due to HARDWARE actually its due to SOFTWARE. When I ported s3 camera ,it was working but number of other features were not working I.e continuous shout(burst shot). Then after spending several hours I found those needed files and after added them those features came in work. Then after the completion of port. The other step was "TESTING AND DEBUGGING" I tested the camera app and there was no other problem except than that the camera app couldn't capture the image without delay as s3 does. Another prob. was that it wasn't focusing better with flash on. I have some friends(dev) and they all had been saying that its in "FRAMEWORK". I looked around in it but no luck. So I left it as it is. Because its not really a big issue. You said in your statement that camera app doesn't focus while taking pics. I would like to ponder you to look deeper inside. Actaully the camera app by itself is already focusing on objects before you tend to take a pic. So,it does focus. I HOPE YOU GOT MY POINT : )

At first thanks for your great work.

I want to know, if the ported camera app is better then the normal one. picture quality? features?

Who tried and can make a short review?

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★

I want to know, if the ported camera app is better then the normal one. picture quality? features?

Welcome Borg : ) ..... yes it is in many many aspects far better than stock camera app. However, yes there are few bugs which are to be eliminated. I shall shortly make a VIDEO REVIEW OF THIS CAMERA APP :)
-And yep HIT THANKS INSTEAD OF SAYING- ; )

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brian_SGW_CM9

Jun 3, 2012
Hong Kong
Welcome Borg : ) ..... yes it is in many many aspects far better than stock camera app. However, yes there are few bugs which are to be eliminated. I shall shortly make a VIDEO REVIEW OF THIS CAMERA APP :)

Omg you use s4?

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mangaboy190

Nov 28, 2013

i've already tried it, so everything seems to be working just fine, some problem at least for me tough, the continuous shoot, when i was trying this mode there are option for best photo so i turned it on but when i tried to take photos up to 8 photos the camera stuck at the processing loading screen and then the camera stopped and ask me to restart the camera app but i'm cool with it :D since i'm not using best photo option, and also when i switched to video mode the video already have been zoom in , it was like 2x soo yeah, other than everything seems to be working just fine. and i don't know if there are any difference with the camera quaility but the photos that i captured still look good... i really hope more people will port something awesome for s2 plus but i still really want the hdr mode:fingers-crossed:...

Last edited:

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
i've already tried it, so everything seems to be working just fine, some problem at least for me tough, the continuous shoot, when i was trying this mode there are option for best photo so i turned it on but when i tried to take photos up to 8 photos the camera stuck at the processing loading screen and then the camera stopped and ask me to restart the camera app but i'm cool with it :D since i'm not using best photo option, and also when i switched to video mode the video already have been zoom in , it was like 2x soo yeah, other than everything seems to be working just fine. i really hope more people will port something awesome for s2 plus but i still really want the hdr mode:fingers-crossed:...

Gooood to know you liked that :)
Well if you are facing such problem I would recommend you to delete dalvik cache first and then reflash my second zip file. I hope the prob. will be solved.

Reactions: mangaboy190

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Great
It would also be a great idea to port multiwindow

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah my brother,i shall upload SMEMO for our samsung galaxy sII plus today. And about multiwindow......there's a guy who can help you to get it on SII PLUS. Wait let me search and provide you his name.

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Multiwindow

Hi folks,
I PMed him and he is agreed.He will port MW for us. :D

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 135

borg17a

Aug 18, 2010

Hey! Are there any improvements? I am waiting for your work. Would like to have a improved camera app! But it shouldn't have any bugs!

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Hey! Are there any improvements? I am waiting for your work. Would like to have a improved camera app! But it shouldn't have any bugs!

Nope. I had stopped making any improvements long ago over this since it's all the way right and works well.
I shall try to port s4 camera if possible in future :)

Reactions: borg17a

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Galaxy S III Camera Ported To
    Samsung Galaxy S II Plus​
    Indulge Yourself With New Camera Experience

SCREENSHOTS.png

2qxvx8z.jpg

PRIME FEATURES :
    (what works)

●Rear Camera works
    ●Front Facing camera works
    ●Continuous Auto Focus capibility while taking pictures
    ●Increased picture capturing velocity
    BURST SHOT(continuous) added in Shooting mod
    ●Some new SCENE MODS
    ●Some new EFFECTS
    ●Eliminated HDR due to fcs
    ●Improved Video Quality
    ●Pictures can be taken simultanously while recording video
    ●In video mode,zoom is enable at 1080p
    ●In video mode,[AF]can be enabled
    ●And Much More

Known Bugs:

DOWNLOADS :

SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII CAMERA FOR SII PLUS

INSTRUCTIONS:

●Camera works on ODEX/DEODEX both
    ●Download Camera from above
    ●Copy to sd card
    ●Reboot in recovery
    ●Flash the SGS III CAMERA
    ●Reboot and Enjoy

────────────────────────────────
    ───────────────██████████───────
    ──────────────████████████──────
    ──────────────██────────██──────
    ──────────────██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█──────
    ──────────────██▀███─███▀█──────
    █─────────────▀█────────█▀──────
    ██─HIT THAKS─────────█───────────
    ─█─IF I HELPED YOU─██──────────────
    █▄────────────████─██──████
    ─▄███████████████──██──██████ ──
    ────█████████████──██──█████████
    ─────────────████──██─█████──███
    ──────────────███──██─█████──███
    ──────────────███─────█████████
    ──────────────██─────████████▀
    ────────────────██████████
    ────────────────██████████
    ─────────────────████████
    ──────────────────██████████▄▄
    ────────────────────█████████▀
    ─────────────────────████──███
    ────────────────────▄████▄──██
    ────────────────────██████───▀
    ────────────────────▀▄▄▄▄▀
    Multiwindow

Hi folks,
    I PMed him and he is agreed.He will port MW for us. :D
    i did.

@android.zealot.fervor btw as i said before use this please in your updater script

delete("/system/app/SamsungCamera.apk");

And btw i think you need a deodexed rom before it will work

It works now, after i deleted SamgungCamera.apk and SamsungCamera.odex files from system. He should implement the delete command in the update zip.